Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1311 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 1317 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4659072 times)
Mareeo 64
Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19695 on: February 16, 2016, 02:18:55 PM »

Just messed with cap's shadow model in brawlbox

But as you can see, i've run into my shine problem again. Nooo idea what i'm doing wrong. Tried everything i've heard to try from here, and then some.

CaliKingz01
    Supreme Kitten

Ultimate is out But I'm Not Giving up on BRAWL!!!

• Awards Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic King for a Day Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19696 on: February 16, 2016, 04:14:29 PM »

Which BrawlBox are you using for the shine?

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19697 on: February 16, 2016, 05:16:06 PM »

0.68d. Well, I tried both that and the newest one after 0.68d didn't work the first time. This is getting real old real fast.

Oh yeah, so the poly count after optimizing in 3ds max is actually a little over 9000, not 7000 (no over 9000 joke intended). and the face points after using the "optimize meshes" function in brawlbox is a little over 16,000. So he's cutting it close. Also, having 4 Cells does cause some lag, while just 3 does not. Golden cell contributes to that lag more than the other recolors, but even with golden cell and 2 others onscreen, I didn't notice any lag until the 4th cell is added
    « Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:25:12 PM by Mareeo 64 » Logged

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19698 on: February 17, 2016, 12:13:45 AM »

Rule number one to optimization is to never use pro-optimizer, the result is cheap and ironically not optimal most of the time

Considering the complexity of his geometry, or lack thereof, you should be able to easily shave off another k or so. But that's irrelevant right now because you have some oddities going on with something else, as 16k facepoint count should not induce lag in most cases. Node count? Texture resolutions/formats? Vert count?

as for your spec issue I'd imagine it's an improperly set up material or/and shader, unless you've imported the ref texture as a CMPR texture as that can cause issues as well. Regardless, double-check your material and shader to make sure they're appropriately set up

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19699 on: February 17, 2016, 08:34:16 AM »

Rule number one to optimization is to never use pro-optimizer, the result is cheap and ironically not optimal most of the time

Considering the complexity of his geometry, or lack thereof, you should be able to easily shave off another k or so. But that's irrelevant right now because you have some oddities going on with something else, as 16k facepoint count should not induce lag in most cases. Node count? Texture resolutions/formats? Vert count?

as for your spec issue I'd imagine it's an improperly set up material or/and shader, unless you've imported the ref texture as a CMPR texture as that can cause issues as well. Regardless, double-check your material and shader to make sure they're appropriately set up
    interesting. I guess i should find a better way to optimize. Anyway, he's got 6161 vertices and 1746 nodes. i kept only three of the textures at 512x256, the rest are smaller.

As for the ref issue, i'll try making them I8

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19700 on: February 17, 2016, 09:46:34 AM »

That's way too many nodes. Brawl models have around 300. With that many nodes, you'll pretty much need to rerig from scratch.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19701 on: February 17, 2016, 09:52:54 AM »

That's way too many nodes. Brawl models have around 300. With that many nodes, you'll pretty much need to rerig from scratch.
    i'm gonna have to rerig from scratch anyway since I [censored]ed up my rig just now, so it's back to square one. I really don't think this is worth it.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #19702 on: February 17, 2016, 10:49:29 AM »

i'm gonna have to rerig from scratch anyway since I [censored]ed up my rig just now, so it's back to square one. I really don't think this is worth it.

Make sure you delete the skin modifier completely before re-rigging.

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19703 on: February 17, 2016, 10:59:25 AM »

Make sure you delete the skin modifier completely before re-rigging.
    gotcha.

Post Merge: February 17, 2016, 02:04:48 PM
    While i'm redoing this, are there ways to optimize the model somewhat quickly without using prooptimizer?
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:04:48 PM by Mareeo 64 » Logged

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19704 on: February 17, 2016, 02:07:40 PM »

I vertex weld my models now.

CaliKingz01
    Supreme Kitten

Ultimate is out But I'm Not Giving up on BRAWL!!!

• Awards Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic King for a Day Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19705 on: February 17, 2016, 02:13:27 PM »

Hey if you want to fix the shine problem you can use BB 0.76 to see if its working properly and if not Try this:

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19706 on: February 17, 2016, 03:14:44 PM »

Hey if you want to fix the shine problem you can use BB 0.76 to see if its working properly and if not Try this:
    yeah I had those set up like that before. Once I had all the material/ref settings right it was just making the refs I8 instead of CMPR that fixed it. Filesize didn't let me make them I8 until after I made some other textures smaller.

This time around, I'm combining the [censored] out of the textures that don't have to be seperate and I'll make the ref textures a little better.

I vertex weld my models now.
    how exactly? Like setting all vertices within a certain threshold to weld together, or just going two vertices at a time throughout the whole model?

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19707 on: February 17, 2016, 09:07:27 PM »

Don't worry about re-optimizing it. It should be okay. As Drog said tho your nodes are ridiculously high. Lower em and badda boom badda bing no moe lag

Usually what you wanna do to optimize poly count is quadrify your model and remove/modify edge loops. It's the quickest way AFAIK to quickly lower overall poly count without using a program specifically designed to decimate models

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19708 on: February 18, 2016, 08:11:13 AM »

Don't worry about re-optimizing it. It should be okay. As Drog said tho your nodes are ridiculously high. Lower em and badda boom badda bing no moe lag

Usually what you wanna do to optimize poly count is quadrify your model and remove/modify edge loops. It's the quickest way AFAIK to quickly lower overall poly count without using a program specifically designed to decimate models
    Alright, so would that be the quadrify mesh modifier? And what would I do for the edge loops part?

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19709 on: February 18, 2016, 08:55:05 AM »

Alright, so would that be the quadrify mesh modifier? And what would I do for the edge loops part?

Quadrify's proper name is "Quadrangulate"

Depending on the model's topology though, it may or may not work very well. Only thing to do is give it a shot.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Pages:  1 ... 1311 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 1317 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: