Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: The KCMM Showcase ! Advices to texture hackers.  (Read 25514 times)
Miacis
Ex-admin
Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: November 14, 2009, 11:44:24 AM »

Hello, texture hackers. This topic is about the KCMM Showcase. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please read this.

Well, as you can see, your works can be featured on the blog while you are absent. I'm sure you are all excited about being featured, but first, here are a few rules you should follow if you want your textures to be more easily featured.
    Forgetting about these won't take away this privilege, of course. However, the more easy it is to feature your works, the more quickly members of our team will want to feature it on the blog.

Basically, you'll just need to have a decent presentation of your textures on your topic. A decent presentation is:

The title of the texture
    A download link
    At least 3 good pictures, in the form of thumbnails.
    (ie: minimized pictures)

Will also be taken to the blog a short text of less than around 10 lines. Introducing the character and/or comments of technical nature.
    But it is not mandatory at all.

If you go much over limit, expect the featurer to cut down some portions of your presentation. If you are underlimit, then you will probably have to wait longer. Because the guy who would like to feature you will have to find the title of the character by himself, and/or take more/better pics of your work.
    Which might take quite some time.
    Which might lead to no feature at all. Tongue

But don't worry. If there's any trouble with your presentation of textures, then someone of the team will probably leave you a little word about it on your topic. Smiley

Overall, your best friend is your common sense for presenting correctly. Ask yourself if you would publish it like that, in our stead. =]

Another important thing :
    If you do not want your works to be featured, then please say it clearly and in the most visible way on the first post of your topic.[
    We won't feature your work on the blog if you don't want to. But we won't ask for it each time.

NO COMPLAINTS
    Seriously.

I mean ... if your work is not featured when you think it should be, don't throw a tantrum. We do not decide to "ignore" or to "hate" artists. If your skills need to be improved, do so and don't snivel at us, this is not going to help you at all.
    If you need recognition ... find a team, okay ?

It is a favour we're doing to you. It is not a due.

I'll finish with the example of a bad presentation, and a good presentation (with pics of a very old texture of mine. Don't laugh, please :p)

Terrible presentation

No DL Link, this is a WIP.

'tis Trace. He's epic, and I really all like when he is with Flora they are cuuuuuuuuute. LOL x3They need to do a anim about it. But with no Keith. He is gay.
    textures are hard, and i really hate that stupid softaware callad Maja. Can someone help me understand PSA ? Do you need to know mode hacks for it ?????
    Besides, my friend code is 7344-9764-1245-9447, can anyone plays with me ? i plays wiz meatknite, he is super. and no objects, I'm a pro.

This is everything that you should DEFINITELY not do! o_o

Perfect presentation
    Trace Legacy (Twokinds)

Trace is the main character of the furry webcomic Twokinds. He shares his story with Flora, a joyful half-tiger half-human girl. :3 He's a nice guy. Smiley I always loved this webcomic, and I found that Marth suited him well, so ... voila !
    I had some troubles with the transparency of the crest (4th picture), but overall, I think it came out quite well. I especially love the tunic.  Grin

Download link
    Tested and Working

This one, however, could be posted immediately on the blog without any modifications (If not for the fact that the texture is not quite good, but ... heh! :p).

There. Hope it helped you all, guys. See ya! ^^
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:32:04 AM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »

Do not delete ...

Pinutk™
    Extreme Kitten

It's Pinutbutter jelly time!!!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog Active Contributor RAGE!!

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 08:29:32 PM »

Pretty cool! =D

Please stop by my site!
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

-=STRAFE
    Expert Kitten

hello im here

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 04:22:26 AM »

heheheh now some people might get competitive Shocked

TheGreenAlloy
    Expert Kitten

Screw the Red Alloy. I'm the real deal.

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 10:41:24 AM »

Thumbnail picture... crap.  Oh shi~

Me and TGP = Pro artists. 4 days of work to get that picture done. It's great, right? ^.^

owned645
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 06:46:49 AM »

Well if you have pictures of your texture in brawl, then you really don't need to say that it is tested and working. Just using common sense.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 06:27:54 AM »

Well if you have pictures of your texture in brawl, then you really don't need to say that it is tested and working. Just using common sense.
    Well, this texture dates back to when texturing was still at its early stages. Some other texturers like picano used to put that line a bit everywhere.
    Nowadays, you kids don't have to burn a DVD each time you want to test a texture. Tongue
    Those were the time when people were very cautious to not waste a DVD with a texture that looked stretched or with wrong transparency in some place. Something that cannot always see on all pictures. Smiley
    « Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:28:55 AM by Miacis » Logged

Dhragen
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 10:38:02 AM »

I gonna disagreed with you, good sir. Some .PACs and .PCSs can be corrupted but still can be used if the error isn't triggered. Example: when i tested my Zeta Metroid Squirtle Revamp at the first time, he ALMOST worked perfectly in game, except by ONE thing, that every time Charizard was defeated, the game completly freezes (you know, after Charizard, follows Squirtle), even when was no problem with the Pokemon change, only when Charizard was killed, but at least i fixed it transfering the texture in a completly virgin .PCS, and now it works without any problem, hehe....

Freelancer now, WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Lockstin
    Hyper Kitten

Im the bird your bird could smell like.

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 09:20:12 PM »

alright, so. EVERYBODY should try to follow this as closly as they can, ive seen some pretty bad posts before, this way seems good.

Lockstin
    Hyper Kitten

Im the bird your bird could smell like.

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 09:58:09 PM »

oh yeah, and mustacheless luigi looks like woody from toy story.

Hamzr Bruh
    Expert Kitten

You spin me right round, right round...

• Awards Hyperactive Contributor Famous Hacker

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »

Hmmmm textures being featured?  Cool Smiley So they look at textures and try to pick the best I'd need to start putting btter desc.

Doragon Shinzui
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 03:58:17 PM »

Hmm, I may have some ideas, but first I have to figure out how to texture hack!
    Anyone have any pointers?

sebastian strife
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 10:38:05 PM »

mmm i did a neku sakuraba texture over pit but i dont know how to take the wings off or the little skirt nor the swords  and can any body help message me if you can thankyou

Anti-Sora
    Expert Kitten

Mask Of Virtue

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »

Wow this seems interesting O.O

ebrahim172
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »

how do u put a hack on the wii can any one anwer my qustion
    please