Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Complete Noob to Hacking Brawl  (Read 1870 times)
beanman25
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 02, 2012, 04:43:56 PM »

I've got a softmodded wii, with HBC and a retail copy of Brawl. I have a 320gb HDD I use along with a 2GB SD card.

Could someone lead me in the right direction as to how to install hacks? Can I take them off if I don't want to use them sometimes?

Which pack is the best in terms of amount of characters and has a lot of characters from Dragonball z?

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:30:11 PM by beanman25 » Logged

the98pika
Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:05:52 PM »

1. Don't put the title of the thread in ALL CAPS that is breaking the rules.

2. This topic should help you.

-

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »

First off, make sure you have the Homebrew Channel installed on your Wii with either Gecko OS or Riivolution. Then, create a ''private'' file on the root of your SD card. Then, create ''wii'', then ''app'', then ''RSBE'', then ''pf'', then ''Fighter'' and finally, folders for each Brawl Characters.

This should look like this : private(wii(app(RSBE(pf(Fighter(*name of character*.

To add hacks, go to the Vault, download some and put them in the corresponding folder.  If you don't wanna use them, just load Brawl normally and the hacks won't appear. Characters that transform need both the PAC and PCS file, otherwise only the PCS is needed for most characters. Here are some of the hacks I've created or collaborated, feel free to download them, some were collaborated with other people. http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php#o0u39m6cavza7
    Enjoy!
    « Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:22:39 PM by TokoyamiTheDark » Logged

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

beanman25
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 05:31:41 PM »

I removed all of caps. Sorry about that.

What about adding characters to the game to pass the normal amount on the roster? Is that possible? I'm sure it's a ton more advanced.

beanman25
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 07:57:25 PM »

I've tried adding a Perfect Cell over Ganondorf.

I'm using USB config loader.

All I did was create the folders mentioned above, creat the  "ganon" folder and put the .pac and .pcs file inside of that. I then booted the game through USBconfig and it was just ganon. What else do I need?

I tried gecko also, to no avail. It applies the SD codes and the models are just the same.
    « Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:19:20 PM by beanman25 » Logged

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 12:43:36 AM »

First off, make sure you have the Homebrew Channel installed on your Wii with either Gecko OS or Riivolution. Then, create a ''private'' file on the root of your SD card. Then, create ''wii'', then ''app'', then ''RSBE'', then ''pf'', then ''Fighter'' and finally, folders for each Brawl Characters.

This should look like this : private(wii(app(RSBE(pf(Fighter(*name of character*.

To add hacks, go to the Vault, download some and put them in the corresponding folder.  If you don't wanna use them, just load Brawl normally and the hacks won't appear. Characters that transform need both the PAC and PCS file, otherwise only the PCS is needed for most characters. Here are some of the hacks I've created or collaborated, feel free to download them, some were collaborated with other people. http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php#o0u39m6cavza7
    Enjoy!

Late response, I know, but that link leads to nowhere.

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 06:36:14 AM »

Late response, I know, but that link leads to nowhere.
    Darn. That link was before SOPA's/PIPA's/ACTA's inpact on websites such as MegaUpload or FileSonic, so MediaFire changed the URLs of their contents uploaded by users. But it USED to work.

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: