Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strange noise help  (Read 1445 times)
tommygee37
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 05, 2012, 11:30:32 AM »

Ok
The problem is, that when i go to use certain character mods and stage hacks, my Wii freezes, and this loud, irritating beeping sound happens. It only happens with certain mods, such as Waluigi over Diddy kong and blastoise over bowser and it also happens with only some stages, although all stages dont seem to work either and just freeze, some with the beeping noise, some without the beeping noise. My copy of SSBB is PAL and i am using a wii and SD card, no emulator.
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

lxlxlxlxl
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »

I'm afraid thats because you cant use them online. Other people screens that arent modded have you registed as the replaced character and therefor it freeze because of the odd outputs from that character. the exeption to this is if you and someone else have the exact same mods (copy and pasted in email is fast and easy way.) Anyways, i hope this helps!  Happy Face

tommygee37
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 01:48:43 PM »

But i never go online. It is only when i go onto a normal brawl, unless i have to do something to disable online functions as the online functions are messing it up?

Shadowwrath5
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 07:17:42 AM »

No if its not online then I usually run some checks. I'm new to this but I've gotten and fixed my fair share of beeps. First locate when it happens. If it happens when you go to the character select screen or stage select screen then that's usually the selectmap or selectcharacter Pac size over the limit. If the game freezes during loading I've found that it is usually the codes. If its when your fighting then you could either have a buggy character a buggy item or even a buggy stage. Start isolating the variables. Use the things you know will work and one thing that you know doesn't. When you find out what thing went wrong then you can either reinstall it or try another mod.

I hope this helps this is what I do when I'm hacking my game and it hasn't failed me yet Smiley

tommygee37
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 05:52:01 AM »

Thats great shadow wrath thank you! I'll look into it and isolate the problem. One question though and i realise this probably sounds nooby, but what do you mean by "the selectmap or selectcharacter Pac size over the limit."?  thanks so much for the help! Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: