Forward ThrowBack ThrowDown ThrowUp Throw
Back - 4 (11.8%)
Up - 6 (17.6%)
Down - 3 (8.8%)
Forward - 21 (61.8%)
None - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages:  1 ... 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 ... 158
Author Topic: Kage's Inner Sanctum: Using a Phoenix Down  (Read 603005 times)
Kagemaru
Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2280 on: January 22, 2014, 05:10:49 PM »

What about if it hits someone before the ThrowN bone has gone as far as it is intended?

For example:

The throwN bone is supposed to go a distance of 60

But Marth is at 30 between spiderman and the maximum distance of the throwN bone.

What happens?

===

If you can make this work, we can do it... I'd prefer this over Web Ball.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2281 on: January 22, 2014, 05:30:47 PM »

Man, I'm for anything working in the way you want it to. It's a concept that I've been trying to figure out.

Your first idea was great, except for trying to figure out how far Spiderman has to move forward after the ThrowN bone hits someone. I mean, if there's a way to store how far along the z axis it went and then use that LA bit to move the TransN the same distance, then that'd be great.

Then there'd be the problem of making sure the person hit stays there the whole time. The paralyze effect only lasts for so long.

Or maybe, if the hitbox connects, he gets a horizontal momentum boost. At that point we'd just need to see what the value would have to be. And as soon as the animation for moving forward ends, the momentum would go to zero.

And a question that I probably should have asked first: If Spiderman's Web-Zip thing hits, after he swings/charges/etc towards them, will he hit them/tackle them/do damage after the initial web hitting them?

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2282 on: January 22, 2014, 05:55:56 PM »

Not sure we're on the same page, so forgive me if this doesn' tmake 100% sense, but here goes:

1: I want Spider-Man to shoot a web forward. (once we get forward working, its a simple process to create angles and psa it to be aim-able)

2: The person struck by the web would be stunned. (I'm fine with them not being stunned long enough for Spider-Man to 100% do something to them. Its more for approaching then anything. Think of it as... Spider-Man's version of Sonic's homing attack.

3: Its a toss up as to if he automatically attacks, or its left up to the player to decide what he does. Meaning that since this is a special, I'd have him be treated as 'in-air' so that once you reached a person, you could do an aerial attack OR if you did it on the ground, you could just fast fall (like 1 or 2 frames) then grab the person to do something to them.) But thats where the stun effect is for balance... I don't want it to be 100%. Gotta give the target a chance to move at least...

4: I don't know how to deal with the distance thing BUT, I spoke with the lead PSAer for Brawl Minus and he said that this was similar to Bowser's Royal Rampage. So if you're decent at PSAing, then perhaps you could figure it out from there.

5: The move itself is not set in stone if its the air neutral or ground neutral or both. I just have a concept of what I want. So however way we can get it to work that resembles the concept the most, I'm fine with.

6: The momentum thing sounds like a good option... It could probably work if I had the web line have an offensive collission that stunned them. An if statement that said if it connected, to change subaction. The sub action would be the new animation of Spider-Man pulling himself forward, and have in THAT sub action, an allow interrupt (or specific interrupt) after the first few frames. The stun effect could possibly last longer if he charges the web? Not sure how that works exactly.

If you wanna discus this in a more convenient way, we can talk over skype. I'm here all day.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Large Leader

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2283 on: January 22, 2014, 06:42:36 PM »

I don't really mind how we communicate. Conversing here would be good for activity and just having a hard copy, so to speak so we know what we are planning and whatnot. Skype would be nice too. Whatever works best for you, I guess.

Speaking on topic, I think 6 would be the best way to approach it

I haven't looked inside fitkoopa.pac yet, but from the video and descriptions that I've saw/read, it seems that Brawl Minus abused the fact that Bowser had a special grab and used those catch collisions. I haven't actually tested it myself, but I'll see how it goes after I take a peek inside his pac file.

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2284 on: January 22, 2014, 06:51:25 PM »

Spidey-licious

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2285 on: January 22, 2014, 09:55:11 PM »

Sent Drogoth the alpha for v2 of Spider-Man to assist with what we've been talking about.

And ShadowSnake has agreed to create a Miles Morales inspired texture for Spider-Man

For those that don't follow that version:

Gonna see if I can convince him to do this one while he's at it... since its even simpler.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:59:02 PM by HailToTheKingJigglypuff » Logged

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2286 on: February 01, 2014, 01:50:28 PM »

Hey Kage

I'm going to start PSAing the web attack on Monday. From the looks of things, its going to be impossible to make it home in on people like Sonic does. But we can still do the change momentum thing.

Ill probably mock up some animations to go along with it, just so we know that it works.

Unfortunately, I lost my sd card and won't be able to test it out (not a fan of usb loader and I'm in the process of getting another one).

I'll definitely keep you posted.

O snap

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2287 on: February 02, 2014, 12:06:59 PM »

Thanks.

I'm on vacation right now. But I'm keeping myself occupied by also re-working a certain PSA that shall remain nameless until its complete.

As far as Spider-Man goes, are you having the same head issue I was?

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2288 on: February 02, 2014, 12:34:10 PM »

I wasn't able to use him in game (lost my sd card). But whatever happens to the model shouldn't affect the PSA work that I need to get done.

Have fun on vacation and those secret projects.

O snap

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2289 on: February 02, 2014, 03:35:20 PM »

I intend to.

Also, does anyone know if the P:M Samus moveset can be used in other places besides P:M

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2290 on: February 02, 2014, 05:05:35 PM »

The physics stuff might not work correctly, but it should work fine (someone did the reverse when they tested a hack of mine).

The best way to get an accurate answer is to try it out Tongue

Post Merge: February 03, 2014, 02:12:40 PM
    I finished the skeleton for the web sling coding. I'm basing it off of the web zip that SDoom did for his spiderman psa.

Right now, the coding requires for Spidey to move using the TransN and he can interrupt his flight by doing any aerial action.

The directions I've coded for are forward and up. After class I'll finish the down.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:12:40 PM by drogoth » Logged

O snap

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2291 on: April 03, 2014, 01:57:22 AM »

I need testers.

To tell a bit of a long story, I have moved back to Georgia from Illinois and out of the slew of roomates I have currently, there are two TVs.

However, of those two TVs there is an XBox One, PS4, PS3, WiiU, and lastly, a Wii occupying this space.

I don't really feel like battling any one over TV time to test the hacks I'm working on, SO...

Good news for any of you gusy who just LOVE that kinda thing...

I need testers. Not simple beta-testers, but people willing and active enough to test even the slightest thing that might need testing.

3 should suffice, so that if one or two of you happen to be busy, I have at least 1 of you to test should I need something tested.

Currently there are 3-ish hacks on my docket. Only the ones I give the job will know who those are.

All interested parties feel free to post here or PM me.  I'd like a post here though... so as to bring life bak into my thread again.

PS: I didn't retire again, I was just busy and also I've been working on side-requests here and there so I hadn't actually left.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2292 on: April 03, 2014, 07:40:29 AM »

Not a tester, but I'd like to help with the PSAing if that's an option Tongue

Also, did you ever get around to fixing that head problem with Spiderman?

I hust thought of a way for him to always reach his target regardless of how far away they are. I wanted to test it out, but the head exploding thing doesn't help.

O snap

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2293 on: April 03, 2014, 09:16:09 AM »

Thats most definitely an poption Im srs here

And that thing with Spider-Man is one thing I need testing. I don't know if the problem is resolved for sure but I got the model 'fixed' by JRush so it's probably ok now.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2294 on: April 03, 2014, 09:33:22 AM »

Thats most definitely an poption Im srs here

And that thing with Spider-Man is one thing I need testing. I don't know if the problem is resolved for sure but I got the model 'fixed' by JRush so it's probably ok now.

And before I go on, I'm nearing the end of the semester (finals, yay...) and I really want to focus on that. Chances are that I'll be able to do a bit of work on PSA's, but optimally I don't want to do anything but study. Although as soon as my break starts I'll get right back on PSAing.

Whether I like it or not, I said I'd help out with Spiderman and I will Im srs here

O snap

Pages:  1 ... 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 ... 158
    Print
    Jump to: