Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Character Moveset Issue  (Read 889 times)
Tamloo
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:20:52 PM »

I'm having a problem getting my downloaded characters to Brawl. I see their textures just fine and everything but some of them have their own move sets and they don't work. I have characters that look funny and/or don't work right at all. I am using Smash Stack and I know I am moving the files right.

For example, when I move the files for Sephiroth to Marth I move and rename them like so....
  • Move FitMarth00.pac and FitMarth00.pcs to the marth folder.
  • Rename FitMarth00.pac to FitMarth.pac.

The characters don't appear right and they don't have their own moves. I know the .pac files are supposed to change all movesets for that character but they are still default. In the example, Sephiroth still has Marth's move set. The textures look just fine most of the time though. Am I doing something wrong

Thanks!
~Tamloo

Tempo_
Supreme Kitten

You can't be restrained by common sense!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »

Don't think that a .pac extension automatically makes the file a moveset.

Most of the stuff you can download are "textures" (though many are vertexes and some are model swaps). Such files are placed in the respective character's folder.

For example, you probably downloaded the Sephiroth texture, not the moveset.
    The textures would go under the "Marth" folder. You should have a "FitMarth0x.pcs" and a "FitMarth0x.pac" (where x is some number depending on which texture slot it goes over).

If a .pac is a moveset, the download would probably say so. the moveset would be placed in the same directory as textures, and be named, in your case, "FitMarth.pac".

Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
    Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
    Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
    Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
    All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
    -kazemaru95421

[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: