Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Chaoszard's Lair [Current : Grab specialized Yoshi]  (Read 28954 times)
Chaoszard
Extreme Kitten

Everyone have a dark side.

• Awards Sniper Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: February 23, 2012, 12:49:03 PM »

Welcome to my lair. This is where you'll see all my PSA and/or Animations projects.

WARNING : Everything has been made to work with my game settings, i always play with a knockback of 50% or lower and with damages that never decrease !

CURRENT PROJECT : Grab specialized Yoshi

The purpose of this hack, which has both a PSA and a Motion file, is to make Yoshi specialized with grabs and throws. That means he would count on it as a main way to KO his opponents. After all, the main ability of Yoshi since he has been created, as you can see in many games (old ones especially) is the fact he can catch his enemies with his tongue and gobble them up. So this is what this hack is focusing on.
    Several things are changed in order to do this :

As long as his tongue is out, it can catch opponents. This is quite self-explanatory. Yoshi's tongue is able to grab enemies as long as it is out of his mouth, so it is hard to avoid, and you wouldn't be able to run at Yoshi anymore like before, when his tongue is going back.
    High knockback throws in order to turn them into killmoves. Very high on up throw, high on down and side throws.
    Very low damages with some throws. Of course it's just spitting out the opponent... that shouldn't do any damages at all, but it still does, however damages are very low, for up and down throws.
    Spike on down throw. Yoshi has a good spike, but hard to do. So he would be able to spike with his down throw, which would be very useful when combined with the sliding effect of his grab dash.
    More frames but more damages for side throws. I hesitated a lot about this, but i decided to make them last longer, due to some stages which have the KO zone really close to the edges, so Yoshi could KO opponents too easily on them (sliding grab + side throw). In multiplayer battles your ally may free you before that happens. Also at the middle of the throw there is a sort of pummel which deals damages depending on current damages of Yoshi.
    No more weird small mouth when an opponent is inside. This is what shocked me when i left Melee to play Brawl. So i made Yoshi have again a big mouth when he has an opponent inside. Also the player indicator is not anymore showing Yoshi's nose because it was weird.
    Low knockback on smash attacks. Yoshi would have been cheated otherwise. All this power given in his grabs and throws has been taken from his smash attacks. So don't really count on them to KO your enemies. You can still use them to make their damage raise though.
    A new damaging system for pummels and Neutral B. This is where i have to explain a lot. The number of pummels Yoshi does is stored into a value. This value determines how many damages a pummel does. That means the more you pummel, the more it deals damages. There are some moves that make this value decrease, like side throws when they deal high damages, but the main is Neutral B. Here are details about it :
    less than 20 : 1 damage
    20 to 44 : 2 damages
    45 to 74 : 3 damages
    75 to 109 : 4 damages
    110 to 149 : 5 damages
    150 to 194 : 6 damages
    195 to 244 : 7 damages
    245 and more : 8 damages + 1 damage recovery
    Of course the highest damages would be really hard to reach, especially during low stock battles. Also if you want to reach it you would have to not use Neutral B, which is well known to make combos with.
    So what's new with Neutral B ? Several things. No damages anymore when the opponent goes out of Yoshi into an egg. Anyone in the egg can't take external damages but would have to get out fast because damages increase within time spent into the egg. But the main thing is that while the opponent travels into Yoshi's body, Yoshi's damages would decrease according to the value i mentioned above (the number of cumulated pummels). Here are details about it :

Less than 20 : nothing happens.
    20 to 34 : 10 damages recovered, value decreases by 15
    35 to 49 : 17 damages recovered, value decreases by 29
    50 to 64 : 25 damages recovered, value decreases by 44
    65 to 79 : 32 damages recovered, value decreases by 58
    80 to 109 : 40 damages recovered, value decreases by 73
    110 to 149 : 55 damages recovered, value decreases by 90
    150 to 199 : 75 damages recovered, value decreases by 105
    200 and more : 99 damages recovered, value decreases by 120
    Can be very useful on some bad situations. Also missing your neutral B won't affect the value. And a last thing about it, the value can't go above a maximum i defined, also it can't be negative. That means you can't have a huge value allowing you to recover many times 99 damages.

A very last thing that is already included in the PSA (since i made it for 70% of characters), there is the "autodeath" that happens when you reach 999% damages. The character simply disappears and loses a life, but it does not happen on all animations.

LATEST PROJECT : Randomchu PSA

Not a lot of things to say about this, title says everything.
    This is a PSA for pikachu where all his electric attacks have their damages, knockback and/or self damages be set randomly.
    Such PSA can fit very well to a Pichu model as in SSMB Pichu was giving himself damages when using electric attacks, but this time it does not always happen.
    It's like giving Pikachu a sort of hidden power.
    More details :
    Side Smash has a random knockback for the farthest collision. 50% probability for each case to happen.
    1- Lower knockback than usual
    2- Higher knockback than usual
    Down Smash gives random damages to Pikachu and/or the enemy during the 6 loops. 33% probability for each case to happen.
    1- 1% damage (6% in total) to the enemy and 3% to Pikachu at the end.
    2- 2% damages (12% in total) to the enemy.
    3- 3% damages (18% in total) to the enemy.
    Forward Aerial gives random damages to Pikachu and/or the enemy during the 4 loops. 33% probability for each case to happen.
    1- 1% damage (4% in total) to both the enemy and Pikachu each loop.
    2- 2% damages (8% in total) to the enemy.
    3- 3% damages (12% in total) to the enemy.
    Down aerial may act as a spike when dealing its original damages (12%) or has its default trajectory with less damages than usual (8%). 50% probability for each case to happen.
    Grab Attack gives random damages to Pikachu and/or the enemy. 25% probability for each case to happen.
    1- 1% damages to both the enemy and Pikachu.
    2- 2% damages to the enemy.
    3- 3% damages to the enemy.
    4- 4% damages to the enemy.
    Forward Throw is the attack that can cause the highest damages to the enemy as well as Pikachu. 25% probability for each case to happen.
    1- 6 loops of 1 collision dealing 1% damage to both the enemy and Pikachu (6% in total).
    2- 3 loops of 1 collision dealing 3% damages to the enemy (9% in total).
    3- 4 loops of 1 collision dealing 3% damages to the enemy (12% in total).
    4- 16 loops of 1 collision dealing 2% damage to the enemy (32% in total).
    Special Down is the only attack that can heal Pikachu. 33% probability for each case to happen. Note : lightning is not affected.
    1- 12% damages to the enemy and 3% to Pikachu.
    2- 17% damages to the enemy, higher knockback.
    3- 22% damages to the enemy and Pikachu recovers 6% damages.

OTHER PROJECTS

Super Ganon PSA + Moveset

Ganondorf needed work too because he's too bad. I could have made a broken Ganondorf but i tried to make him more balanced to give him better chances to win battles and not turn him into another Metaknight.
    I didn't make him faster (walk and run) or much resistant to knockback. I just gave him more power with his slowest attacks, and a better recovery. So here are details :

-Side B goes farther and Ganondorf can not fall anymore off stage with this attack (when made on ground).
    -Up B goes higher and catching opponent with this attack deals more damages.
    -Warlock punches are still slow and predictable... but they have a crazy knockback and deal heavy damages.
    -Up A on ground makes 3 explosions instead of 1, so it has a better range. In my opinion this attack was a bit useless before.
    -Down B is a new attack. I estimated that as it was the same as C.Falcon's, i needed to give him another move. So Ganondorf can use it on ground or in air, if he uses it in air, he will float until the attack ends. Two sort of auras appears at his sides, then they turn into darkness, making multiple collisions, while ganondorf is in super armor. These auras are bigger when the attack is made on ground. Super armor's duration is lower in air.

-Grab has a better range as it was really short.

Balanced Bowser PSA + Moveset

As Bowser is one of my favorite characters (i like dragons and huge beasts), i decided to give him more chances of winning battles by making some of his moves more balanced. Of course not just turning all of them into powerful and cheated moves, that's not the purpose.
    So here are things that i modified :
    Increase damages and/or knockback of his slower attacks (Up air / Down air for example).
    Decrease damages and/or knockback of his fastest attacks (especially side B which seems to be spammed a lot).
    Give him a better grab (a little more knockback to his side throws, but lower damages) and i gave him back his biting grab attack that i missed from SSBM (with his Side B) which makes him recover a few damages.
    Give him a spike, i thought about his down tilt (first hit)
    Modify his Down B. I was wondering, no one noticed a problem ? Same damages/knockback when done close to the ground or from a high spot... seriously... So i turned his Down B into an attack which has damages/knockback depending on time spent in the air before landing.

Super Counter PSA for Ike

The idea was to make a better counter for Ike as it seems to be a useless move. In many videos (tournaments, friendlies) showing battles with Ike, his counter is rarely and even never used. Why ? That's simple. If it fails, Ike must wait for the end of animation and is vulnerable. And it's not a very good kill move.
    That's why i decided to give him a better counter.
    Here are the details :
    This is a 3 level counter. Each time a level is reached, counter is more powerful. But it can level down if it's used too many times for nothing.
    When a counter is successfully done, it earns 2 points.
    When a counter fails because you take a hit BEFORE counter gets active, it does not lose or earn points.
    When a counter fails because animation ends or you take a hit AFTER counter is disabled, it loses 1 point.
    Level 2 is reached when points are between 2 and 5 (both included).
    Level 3 is reached when points are equal to 6 and higher.
    The smallest point value is 0. It can not be lower.
    The highest point value is 10. It can not be higher.
    LEVEL 1
    Normal slash
    Default knockback
    LEVEL 2
    Fire slash
    Better knockback, can easily send away an opponent when a smash is countered.
    LEVEL 3
    Fire slash + explosion
    Better knockback than level 2. Enough to turn counter into a real killmove even when countering tilts.
    You must know that i usually play with a defense ratio between 0.5 and 0.25, so it has been tested with these conditions.

Hungry Charizard PSA + Moveset
    STATUS V1 : RELEASED [NTSC-US] RELEASED [PAL]
    STATUS V2 : 0% [NTSC-US] 0% [PAL]

Yes, V2 will stay 0% done until i can modify fighter.pac. A new version of BB needs to be uploaded for this.
    So this is my first PSA/Moveset project.
    Why a hungry Charizard ? Because i saw on Youtube a video of a mugen battle where a Charizard was eating his opponents. I found it awesome, that's why i decided to make it for Brawl.
    After several months of hard work and freezes (i was new to brawl hacking), i managed to make what i called a "version zero".
    It was not really playable as Charizard was always big, this was the only way i found to make his opponents disappear when eaten by him.
    Everything is explained in video below.
    SSBB - Hungry Charizard Project

Not really good, yeah...
    I didn't modified it for months until i got used of PSA and Brawlbox. Then i decided to make a version which could be playable enough to be on the vault. Version 1 was born.
    It took me less time than Version zero, and i managed to give Charizard balanced and interesting moves.
    Check video below to see what changed from V0 to V1.
    SSBB Hungry Charizard PSA + Moveset Version 1

Here are some details about what's new from the original PSA/Moveset of Charizard to my V1 of my project :
    -Throw behind : 9% damages, high knockback, original animation
    -Throw forward : 10% damages, average knockback, original animation
    -Throw high : 11% damages, average knockback, original animation
    -Throw low : 13% damages, low knockback, charizard spits out his opponent on the ground while raising his right foot then stomps on him.
    -Grab attack : Damages given depends on current damages of Charizard, as well as how many damages he recovers for each grab attack. Low speed. Charizard rubs his belly and fire escapes out of his mouth.
    0% to 149% = 3% damages inflicted and 2% damages recovered
    150% to 299% = 4% damages inflicted and 2% damages recovered
    300% to 449% = 4% damages inflicted and 3% damages recovered
    450% to 599% = 5% damages inflicted and 3% damages recovered
    600% to 749% = 5% damages inflicted and 4% damages recovered
    750% to 899% = 6% damages inflicetd and 4% damages recovered
    900% and more = 6% damages inflicted and 5% damages recovered
    « Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 08:31:22 AM by Chaoszard » Logged

No more into brawl hacking as long as Fighter.pac remains not editable, also i don't have time for that anymore for the moment.
    PSA/Moveset HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41974.0
    STAGES HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60399.0

SSJ Is Clueless!
    Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 07:10:47 AM »

wow its really good, i like the eating part even though i havent watched the whole video yet i can wait for it

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

Chaoszard
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 08:21:38 AM »

Thank you.
    I am almost done with this, the very last thing i need to do is what i wrote in my second message then when done my version 2 will be 100% complete and will be downloadable.

No more into brawl hacking as long as Fighter.pac remains not editable, also i don't have time for that anymore for the moment.

SSJ Is Clueless!
    Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 04:10:12 PM »

cool i cant wait for it

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

Chaoszard
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 07:19:43 AM »

My project has been paused for a while and i recently started to work on it again.
    This is still version 1 as my version 2 needs a modification into the Fighter.pac to be complete (no giant charizard anymore).
    Anyway i found an other way to make opponents disappear when eaten by Charizard and avoid resizing him, but in order to do it i had to modify EVERY CHARACTERS (Pac and MotionEtc) so it took a huge amount of time. Of course it can't be released like that, i must do something into Fighter.pac to make it, it is the only way, this file can be modified but not saved for now...

So i worked on my version 1 to make it well balanced, you can check videos above but they don't show how it is now.
    Here are the details :

-Throw low : 13% damages, low knockback, charizard spits out his opponent on the ground while raising his right foot then stomps on him.
    -Grab attack : Damages given depends on current damages of Charizard, as well as how many damages he recovers for each grab attack. Low speed. Charizard rubs his belly and fire escapes out of his mouth.

It is ready to be submitted in brawlvault but people must show a real interest (like the one who posted here) in my project and my other works otherwise i won't give any download link. That's simple, post here, download some of my hacks. Check my signature and you'll have an idea of when it could be released.
    « Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:09:51 AM by Chaoszard » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 06:58:13 AM »

My project has been paused for a while and i recently started to work on it again.
    This is still version 1 as my version 2 needs a modification into the Fighter.pac to be complete (no giant charizard anymore).
    Anyway i found an other way to make opponents disappear when eaten by Charizard and avoid resizing him, but in order to do it i had to modify EVERY CHARACTERS (Pac and MotionEtc) so it took a huge amount of time. Of course it can't be released like that, i must do something into Fighter.pac to make it, it is the only way, this file can be modified but not saved for now...

So i worked on my version 1 to make it well balanced, you can check videos above but they don't show how it is now.
    Here are the details :

It is ready to be submitted in brawlvault but people must show a real interest (like the one who posted here) in my project and my other works otherwise i won't give any download link. That's simple, post here, download some of my hacks. Check my signature and you'll have an idea of when it could be released.
    look into mariodk gotenks  he can make oponents disapear  while not doing fighter pac changes or the rest its on the trown animations i think just check the codding or animation thats my guess.

Chaoszard
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »

You can't be serious...
    In a very old topic i asked for a way to make characters disappear during grabs. mariodk told  me to try something. I tried but it didn't work. After that he said :

then its not possible
    I'm gonna check this Gotenks (i suppose it's in the vault and there must be a topic somewhere) to see if there is something interesting.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 08:54:38 AM »

You can't be serious...
    In a very old topic i asked for a way to make characters disappear during grabs. mariodk told  me to try something. I tried but it didn't work. After that he said :
    I'm gonna check this Gotenks (i suppose it's in the vault and there must be a topic somewhere) to see if there is something interesting.
    its on the vault under lucas gotenks has 2 trows that make the oponent invisible

Chaoszard
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 10:40:49 AM »

I found a video about this hack and checked it.
    I'm afraid it won't be useful for me as it concerns throws only. I have to make a character disappearing immediately when grabbed.
    Also when i wanted to open FitLucas.pac with PSA i had an "unable to locate file data" error.
    With the (very simple) modifications i planned to do in fighter.pac, i'm gonna succeed, of course when brawlbox will be able to save modifications into this file.
    An other way would have been a Charizard over Snake as characters have separate animations and subactions when grabbed by Snake. But i made a thread to ask for a Charizard over Snake, as i saw that some characters were already ported over other characters (and i don't really like Snake), but no one replied.
    Anyway thank you for your attempt to help me. It's good to see that there are people who care for my project.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »

I found a video about this hack and checked it.
    I'm afraid it won't be useful for me as it concerns throws only. I have to make a character disappearing immediately when grabbed.
    Also when i wanted to open FitLucas.pac with PSA i had an "unable to locate file data" error.
    With the (very simple) modifications i planned to do in fighter.pac, i'm gonna succeed, of course when brawlbox will be able to save modifications into this file.
    An other way would have been a Charizard over Snake as characters have separate animations and subactions when grabbed by Snake. But i made a thread to ask for a Charizard over Snake, as i saw that some characters were already ported over other characters (and i don't really like Snake), but no one replied.
    Anyway thank you for your attempt to help me. It's good to see that there are people who care for my project.

thats becuase that was done in bb psa you cant use the psa program after changing  it on bb  the only char that makes oponents invisble when it grabs is youshi you can only make them invisble by throws  so you dont have a bunch of trouble

Chaoszard
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 10:57:03 AM »

the only char that makes oponents invisble when it grabs is youshi
    Until i'll be able to modify Fighter.pac.
    I guess the best thing i can do for now is waiting for a new version of Brawlbox.

And for now... this is it, V1 has been released !
    I think it can work for PAL brawl but there may be SFX issues.
    If there are enough requests i'll make a PAL version.
    « Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:57:57 AM by Chaoszard » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 12:51:29 PM »

Until i'll be able to modify Fighter.pac.
    I guess the best thing i can do for now is waiting for a new version of Brawlbox.

And for now... this is it, V1 has been released !
    I think it can work for PAL brawl but there may be SFX issues.
    If there are enough requests i'll make a PAL version.

every psa works for pal im pal xD the only thing we lose is the sfx since the id is diferent so all my hacked brawl has no sound Tongue

Chaoszard
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 01:56:20 PM »

Carnage there is something you must know. And everyone must know it.
    As i couldn't find a NTSC-US FitPokeLizardon.pac which could be opened by PSA, i had to download a PAL file and i edited all SFX ids to match with NTSC-US.
    It took a very, very long time.
    By the way... please don't quote a full message, it's useless and takes a lot of space. Moderator habit, i couldn't resist  Wink

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »

i know we can edit all the sfx ids but i dont have the patience and very few people do so lol

Chaoszard
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 10:47:48 AM »

Hmm...
    I had a comment on Youtube from someone who tried my hack with his PAL brawl. He told me that there were SFX issues, but he was aware of it, but he also told me that Charizard don't grow up during his grab...
    Carnage you have PAL brawl right ? Does this happen to you ?

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: