Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Omni's Thread: Blaziken RELEASED ON THE VAULT  (Read 178805 times)
Omniscient X
Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #420 on: December 02, 2014, 11:47:15 PM »

Alright thought I'd give the thread a little bump here's the new Side Special:

Side-B: Toxic, Nidoking unleashes a blast of sustained smog for a period of around a second and a half the cloud reaches about 2 stage builder blocks in front of Nidoking.  The farthest part of the cloud deals 1% poison damage per 10 frames, the middle deals 2% poison damage per 10 frames and the closest part deals 4% poison damage per 10 frames.  This is an excellent way to negate approaches by simply fear of damage the closest cloud can deal a maximum of 24% in a second and a half if you're stuck within it for the entire duration, the downside is the smog doesn't cause knockback or flinching similar to how Fox's Blaster operates.  The great part?  Toxic can be canceled into any other attack in Nidoking's arsenal at any point during the attack, allowing you to play mindgames with the opponent.

Now I've switched up Nidoking's Sheer Force Meter system so that instead of running away from the battle to spam your Down Taunt to gain Sheer Force Points, you now gain them from landing powerful hits on enemies.  Nidoking's tilts each award you 1/2 of a Sheer Force Point per hit and his smash attacks (Megahorn, Mega Punch and Iron Tail) give you 1 whole Sheer Force Point.  Remember that Sheer Force Points are expended by using smash attacks (which use a 1/2 a point per use), using Earth Power (which uses 1 Sheer Force Point) or using Nidoking's Super Moves.  You can have a maximum of 10 Sheer Force Points at a time.  Nidoking will briefly flash blue when you have 5 and red when you have 10.

Fissure: Rips the ground asunder and any opponents caught in it take high upward knockback and 20% damage but not a OHKO. (Cost 5 Sheer Force Points)

Eruption: Nidoking slams the ground unleashing a river of lava onto the stage dealing 10% damage and strong forward knockback, this move is great for securing kills it presents a challenge to enemies in its own right. (Cost 5 Sheer Force Points)

Hyper Beam: Nidoking quickly charges energy before leaping into the air and sweeping the ground with a beam of concussive energy, causing explosions on the ground as it moves across the ground. The beam deals high damage (15-25%) but weak knockback while the explosions inflict the inverse with low damage (3-6%) and high forward knockback. (Cost 10 Sheer Force Points)

Let me know your thoughts on the Sheer Force mechanic and his new Side-B: Toxic.
    -Omni

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #421 on: December 10, 2014, 03:38:33 PM »

Rig's finished for Nidoking. Looks godawful with Bowser's ridiculous animations, but fine on its own. I'm having Drogoth fix the textures and then I'll send him over tomorrow!

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #422 on: December 10, 2014, 04:20:45 PM »

Almost done with mapping it. I'll be able to send Nidoking by tomorrow morning.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #423 on: December 10, 2014, 06:43:09 PM »

Alright! Sounds good!

Fissure and Eruption are getting a revamp before I post more previews I could also use someone proficient in creating GIFs and interested in making them for all Nidoking's attacks.

Still looking for beta testers for Nidoking, I think he presents a really enjoyable alternate to Bowser.
    -Omni

Large Leader

• Awards Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #424 on: December 10, 2014, 07:21:22 PM »

Since my semester will be pretty much over after tomorrow, I'm down to beta test it.

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #425 on: December 10, 2014, 07:51:47 PM »

Awesome I'll add you to the list!  I thought I'd be at beta stage tonight but it looks like it'll be a couple more days and I'd like to have his attacks done that required the model to complete so everyone can test those as well!
    -Omni

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #426 on: December 11, 2014, 06:40:01 AM »

I'm finished with the UV Mapping. Tried throwing it in BBox, but it gave me a null pointer exception to some bones.

Added them into the Skin modifier and it works fine in Brawl Box.
    I know you don't want to have bone edits or at least not that many bone edits... I'll show you why you probably should have bone edits, in a few minutes.

Post Merge: December 11, 2014, 07:14:29 AM
    Here's what the rigged Nidoking looks on Bowser

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:14:29 AM by Great King of Evil - Ganondorf » Logged

O snap

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #427 on: December 11, 2014, 04:00:54 PM »

Rigging that thing was a nightmare. And besides, he's using custom animations.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #428 on: December 11, 2014, 04:35:39 PM »

No I'm certainly down for bone edits on the tail legs whatever needs them those I will certainly implement.  The rig looks good except for the tail and the legs.  While yes it looks fine in Brawlbox the texture is like a splash texure he looks like a glob of purple.  By all means please edit the bones to where you think it looks best and I will edit the animations to accompany the changes.  Specifically the tail I need that to be very flexible so bone edit the crap out of those bones to remove any warping, please!

All in all though well done Tabuu, the model looks great and works very well with the animations and after a couple tweaks it will be perfect  Happy Face thank you so much!

So I continue work on Fissure and Eruption and add Iron Tail and Poison Jab to my list to have ready for Sunday when I will distribute the beta!
    -Omni

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #429 on: December 12, 2014, 01:54:06 AM »

idkn tbh the rigg doesnt look good it looks like nidoking is handicaped or something he looks too fat and the bag part looks very wierd but i know bowser is extremely hard to rig over since even anivernage had a very hardtime rigging over bowser and groudon doesnt look to good either.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #430 on: December 12, 2014, 08:57:13 AM »

idkn tbh the rigg doesnt look good it looks like nidoking is handicaped or something he looks too fat and the bag part looks very wierd but i know bowser is extremely hard to rig over since even anivernage had a very hardtime rigging over bowser and groudon doesnt look to good either.

.........I am NEVER, EVER rigging over that son of a [censored] Bowser again. >.<

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #431 on: December 12, 2014, 09:41:08 AM »

Yeah well for the moment I need someone to correct the texture map because like I said something went from there, were you guys working with a .pcs that maybe you at one point went back to a .pac?  Because that historically causes problems like this texture malfunction.

In other news Fissure is like 70% done, Eruption is next.  Hopefully I'll get most of his other moves done by Sunday for beta handouts, but I'm not making any promises.

The way his Super Moves are giving him an edge looks like I'm going to have to nerf Nidoking's Final Smash in order to balance him out since even Hyper Beam allows you to essentially obliterate whatever is on a 20-30% portion of the stage.  Keep in mind the Super Moves have super armor start up protection but once the move actually starts producing hitbox or any flashy GFX Nidoking is totally vulnerable so blast him with something before he lays waste to you.
    -Omni

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #432 on: December 12, 2014, 10:11:32 AM »

I think it's something wrong with the shaders. But the problem that I had with Chrom isn't the same as the one I have with Nidoking.

Still looking around for answers.

O snap

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #433 on: December 12, 2014, 12:47:53 PM »

Alright let me know when you've got some answers, also you mentioned bone edits would you be willing to tweak the rig with said bone edits?
    -Omni

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #434 on: December 12, 2014, 04:59:37 PM »

I'll see if I can get my old rig up and running and use that as a base.

O snap

Pages:  1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33
    Print
    Jump to: