Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 735448 times)
nanobuds
Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #855 on: November 07, 2013, 04:03:01 PM »

Will dry bowser have his blue flames or is that not possible?
    He will not have them in 3.0. We may or may not be able to add it later in the future, depends if our coders can figure it out.

The special aesthetics for Dr. Mario took a lot of time and coding that can't be easily replicated for each character.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #856 on: November 07, 2013, 04:14:47 PM »

He will not have them in 3.0. We may or may not be able to add it later in the future, depends if our coders can figure it out.

The special aesthetics for Dr. Mario took a lot of time and coding that can't be easily replicated for each character.
    I honestly thought this was going to be a flat "no" simply because of how tedious it would be. This would be so great.

Might as well ask a question myself: are you guys trying to make it possible to have different soundbanks for alt costumes (beyond Dr. Mario's special case)? Even if you're not, could you explain the limitations as of now?

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #857 on: November 07, 2013, 04:47:08 PM »

These look amazing!

Do we have a set release date/month yet?

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #858 on: November 07, 2013, 05:06:01 PM »

We're trying to appeal to the competitive Melee fanbase.
    Funny how a lot of people here seem to forget that it's what drives this whole project.

- Ganondorf has had that hilarious Down-Air animation replaced since what, the first iteration of P:M? It wasn't because the animation fitted Ganondorf best (it doesn't; it's Falcon's move), but to appeal to the SSBB FGC community. Because it looks like Melee.
    - Differenciating Falco so he's more unique? [censored] that. Make it more Melee. Tongue
    - Wanna playtest? I hope you've been playing in tournaments, or playing with famous tournament-players.

And yet people still wonder why there's so much old stuff in Project Melee.
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:09:16 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

ZX_BraveSol_ZX
    Supreme Kitten

Give them no quarter!

• Awards Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #859 on: November 07, 2013, 05:09:31 PM »

hey guys, i got the perfect idea for a sonic alt.
    Sonic Generations PC: Sky Troops Speed Run with Legacy Sonic

basically, Sonic with all his little extras from past sonic games. (Soap Shoes, SaTBK Gaunlet, Riders Goggles, etc.)
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:11:35 PM by Mr.Doggie » Logged

Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Shadic
    Expert Kitten

Project M Developer

• Awards Hot Topic Former PMDT

« Reply #860 on: November 07, 2013, 05:25:31 PM »

- Wanna playtest? I hope you've been playing in tournaments, or playing with famous tournament-players.
    To be fair, there's really not that much that a dedicated "low-level" player can tell us that we don't already know. And we have several members that aren't terribly excellent Smash players that have other jobs (video editing, modeling, etc) that we can get commentary from anyways.

As for "Just making everything Melee," that's not really true. There's a huge spectrum of opinions on what we should be doing: "Keep Brawl stuff," "Keep Melee stuff," "Do your own thing," and most people that fall somewhere in the middle. In general, we've been in the second column for most of development, but that becomes less the case as time goes on and we further establish our own identity.

Also please keep in mind that while you may firmly be of the "Stop just being Melee 2.0 plz" camp, we have plenty of vocal people on the other side of the coin. We're able to (generally) please both sets of people, which I think is one of Project M's strongest points.

...Just don't expect Falco to throw his reflector anytime soon.

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #861 on: November 07, 2013, 06:22:24 PM »

still wish megaman was a viable option for project m without getting on Nintendo's (or Capcom's) bad side. ever since melee was released I was hopin for the blue bomber (I was young and didn't know anything about copyright infringement at the time). alas, no such luck has happened. and now smash 4 is announced and I have to wait until its release to play as him. i just don't want to replace to do so. although i loved the megaman series, i also enjoyed earthbound as a child. i just cant get rid of the little guy.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #862 on: November 07, 2013, 06:42:47 PM »

"Keep Brawl stuff," "Keep Melee stuff"

...Just don't expect Falco to throw his reflector anytime soon.

This.

For me, Brawl had alot of stuff fixed that Melee just made me and my friends rage. (Biggest thing being Falcon's side-b ledge recovery spasm, which at least P:M fixed).

But there are other things that still get at me from P:M just like Melee did the same. For instance:

1. The no-backwards ledge grab (makes you think you actually landed safe on the stage, when you just fall down to your misery)
    2. The insane amount of gravity you have from just plain jumping from air to platform (had so many people raging for Pit's aerial game compared on how he was from brawl) (and  if you by some mistake keep pressing a jab against someone on the edge and they shield, you fall quick since you n-air'd and can't recover :/  )
    3. And, personally, my biggest foe, the Melee camera. (This thing drives me dizzy, especially when it's a big stage like temple, and your bouncing around the whole stage, when you tech skills fail as the camera tries it's best to keep up, when the brawl camera just has a wide but fair view of the stage).
    4. The no-instant-ledge grab from Melee (you can just abuse the edge-guarding to the point of going from 50-100+ damage in just a few smashes since you can't grab the edge just right ((especially
    with C. Falcon, when you fall out of the stage you just can't come back up with that Up-B if you don't make contact with the player )))
    Things that just get your bad side of attention at the game, but small compared to how drastically they've made an almost perfect balance of a true smash game as it should have been since the very beginning.

P.S. Personally I prefer Brawl's Falco, as he actually prefers the AIR! (AKA not fall quite faster than Fox in Melee, as the logic that a bird with wings falsl faster than a fully grown fox is master logic. lol
    I can understand it's part of his techniques for combos and such, but that doesn't mean P:M team can't redesign him...
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:56:46 PM by Omega-Zack Fair » Logged

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #863 on: November 07, 2013, 08:23:21 PM »

Credit to Pik for making this beautiful model <3
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:35:31 PM by Nanobuds » Logged

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #864 on: November 07, 2013, 08:31:27 PM »

I thought this was just a recolor from watching the video. That is so freaking clever.

SwingSet
    Holy Kitten

taunt

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector Fiery Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #865 on: November 07, 2013, 08:31:58 PM »

Holy crap. You guys are always full of surprises.

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #866 on: November 07, 2013, 08:33:36 PM »

Thanx

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #867 on: November 07, 2013, 08:34:19 PM »

Oh god eyes! Look at those eyes! Definitely will use ROB for the fourth time of my life for this alternated costume!

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #868 on: November 07, 2013, 08:39:05 PM »

Wait, shoot, did you guys put a screenshot of Virtual Boy Mario Tennis in there?

Holy crap!

Turb0k
    Supreme Kitten

Something Stupid

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #869 on: November 07, 2013, 08:42:12 PM »

Holy smexy! That model looks good.

Pages:  1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: