Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 736201 times)
PseudoTypical
Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #570 on: October 05, 2013, 02:54:18 PM »

Marth should have Fire Emblem 12/13 Marth, Sonic should have the Robo-Sim-Sonic, Link - Skyloft costume, Fox- Comand outfit(Brawl Face), Wolf- Starfox64 wolf. The possibilities are endless!
    Personally I would like them to get a little more creative with it and give us characters that look astonishingly different while acting the same.

ex: Metal Sonic over Sonic (I assume you were referring to something else). He could use all sorts of mechanical SFX, change the spin moves to his Black Shield, etc. He's similar enough to Sonic to make it work without it being uninteresting. Here's the Black Shield, best known from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle:
    Honestly, I'm not quite sure which direction they're gonna go with the characters after Mario, but I hope it's like the above. Replacing textures is really easy, and while it'd be nice to have things that are well rigged like Dr. Mario's coat, I would rather have things that also incorporate other differences like GFX and SFX that aren't possible without their engine (or overriding something else).

EDIT: quick changes for clarification
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 05:30:18 PM by Dmickolas » Logged

silver856
    Expert Kitten

Waddle Boom! Jump Glide!

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #571 on: October 05, 2013, 05:16:45 PM »

I was thinking Metal Sonic at first, but then  I thought I metal sonic with Sonic's voice. Wait a sec, can they change sfx?

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #572 on: October 05, 2013, 05:28:31 PM »

I was thinking Metal Sonic at first, but then  I thought I metal sonic with Sonic's voice. Wait a sec, can they change sfx?
    Yup! Doc had his pill SFX, and Nanobuds confirmed it here, too. That's why I thought it'd be a good idea for them to go a little further with it.

silver856
    Expert Kitten

Waddle Boom! Jump Glide!

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #573 on: October 05, 2013, 06:03:59 PM »

Well that changes everything.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #574 on: October 05, 2013, 06:36:15 PM »

Yup! Doc had his pill SFX, and Nanobuds confirmed it here, too. That's why I thought it'd be a good idea for them to go a little further with it.

We used SFX for doc's separate attacks, but I never confirmed giving a single alt a whole soundbank makeover.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #575 on: October 05, 2013, 06:47:44 PM »

We used SFX for doc's separate attacks, but I never confirmed giving a single alt a whole soundbank makeover.
    Oh. I'm not saying that you guys would do a full overhaul, but I presumed that it was possible, considering how normal SFX works. It isn't, then?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #576 on: October 05, 2013, 07:07:06 PM »

Each character has a handful of empty SFX clips.  Enough for a few changes such as with Doc's pills but not enough for an entire character soundbank. 

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #577 on: October 05, 2013, 07:20:24 PM »

Each character has a handful of empty SFX clips.  Enough for a few changes such as with Doc's pills but not enough for an entire character soundbank.  
    Ah, okay; now I understand. You guys are just modifying the original .pac file to put in more sounds, and then rerouting it to your alt slots. Something like the example I gave wouldn't require too many different sounds, though (at least with how I envision it). Theoretically, would you guys consider making an alt character with a moderately unique soundbank, assuming you could make it work with the slots open on that character?
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:21:15 PM by Dmickolas » Logged

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

« Reply #578 on: October 05, 2013, 07:21:56 PM »

Can't wait for 3.0, this is promising to be the biggest update yet. I was kind of disappointed when 2.6 didn't have turbo mode, but there's so much being added now that I don't really care anymore.

Purpa(Rage83)
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #579 on: October 05, 2013, 11:05:55 PM »

Does beating level 9 CPUs qualify me as "TOURNAMENT-CALIBER SKILL" for a PM application?
     Im srs here

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #580 on: October 06, 2013, 12:03:27 AM »

Im not sure if im understanding this sfx converstion
    but sfx loading for alternate costumes does not break file size
    because the game is loading the soundbrsar only once, but it loads dfferent sfx per character whenever the alt costume code is executed
    its possible to have a complete different sfx for alternate costumes with fp 3.5.3 by the way

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #581 on: October 06, 2013, 07:58:05 AM »

Does beating level 9 CPUs qualify me as "TOURNAMENT-CALIBER SKILL" for a PM application?
     Im srs here
    No.

CPU =/= Human. Human > CPU.

A lot of people can easily beat Lv 9 CPUs, but have a Hell of a time against Human players.

The PMBR would not be impressed.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #582 on: October 06, 2013, 07:59:59 AM »

^ Right. What I was asking is whether or not they would hypothetically consider filling up the empty slots for the character in the brsar, and use those (if there's enough slots) to make an almost unique soundbank for the alt character. I realize you can't place in too many sounds, but I assume it'd be enough for characters that don't speak or are otherwise simple in design. (and I haven't heard of them using 3.5.3, so that's not an option as far as I know)

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #583 on: October 06, 2013, 10:26:56 AM »

^ Right. What I was asking is whether or not they would hypothetically consider filling up the empty slots for the character in the brsar, and use those (if there's enough slots) to make an almost unique soundbank for the alt character. I realize you can't place in too many sounds, but I assume it'd be enough for characters that don't speak or are otherwise simple in design. (and I haven't heard of them using 3.5.3, so that's not an option as far as I know)
    i think they are swapping sfx and costumes(instead of adding), therefore filesize is not a problem

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #584 on: October 06, 2013, 10:33:39 AM »

i think they are swapping sfx and costumes(instead of adding), therefore filesize is not a problem
    Oh. So you think it's like 3.5.3, but just for characters, and with no SFX and GFX glitching?

Pages:  1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: