[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

So, how does Project M compare with Minus? Because I'm already using Minus, I'm not really hyped about P:M. I've never played any fighters besides Brawl. I'm not a great Brawl player either. I don't know any advanced techniques or big combos. It would take a huge difference for me to notice any changes. Because of this, I don't know if P:M would be too noticeably different from ordinary Brawl or Brawl Minus for someone like me. What do u guys think about this?

Quote from: FaIIenKing on May 08, 2012, 09:38:02 PM
So, how does Project M compare with Minus? Because I'm already using Minus, I'm not really hyped about P:M. I've never played any fighters besides Brawl. I'm not a great Brawl player either. I don't know any advanced techniques or big combos. It would take a huge difference for me to notice any changes. Because of this, I don't know if P:M would be too noticeably different from ordinary Brawl or Brawl Minus for someone like me. What do u guys think about this?

Give it a try. Several characters have plenty of new moves for you to have fun with. For biggest impact, choose Charizard, Lucario, Toon Link, Wolf, or Sonic. They have new moves that will be apparent to you as soon as you start playing.

Even if you don't stick with it, at least you can say you gave it a try. Just back up your B- stuff on your desktop first.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Yeah, that's what I was gonna do. I don't wanna bother downloading a demo though. Any word on when the full thing comes out? It's been in development for what, 1-2 years now?

May 09, 2012, 02:10:55 PM #138 Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:13:03 PM by JirachiMaster
Is there any chance double jump cancelling with Ness will be made to work with X or Y? It's impossible to take full advantage of it having to tap the control stick twice.

Quote from: FaIIenKing on May 09, 2012, 02:03:09 AM
Yeah, that's what I was gonna do. I don't wanna bother downloading a demo though. Any word on when the full thing comes out? It's been in development for what, 1-2 years now?

Yeah, I wouldn't expect a final version for a while yet. To be fair though, this demo is only missing about 10 characters, so that's a good sign.

Quote from: JirachiMaster on May 09, 2012, 02:10:55 PM
Is there any chance double jump cancelling with Ness will be made to work with X or Y? It's impossible to take full advantage of it having to tap the control stick twice.

You mean...it doesn't? I'm pretty sure I only DJC with Ness using the X and Y buttons.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: FaIIenKing on May 09, 2012, 02:03:09 AM
Yeah, that's what I was gonna do. I don't wanna bother downloading a demo though. Any word on when the full thing comes out? It's been in development for what, 1-2 years now?

Except ironically enough the demo is more polished than every Brawl mod and has more characters than Melee does. 

May 10, 2012, 04:03:46 AM #141 Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:10:36 AM by JirachiMaster
Quote from: Shun_One on May 09, 2012, 02:38:18 PMYou mean...it doesn't? I'm pretty sure I only DJC with Ness using the X and Y buttons.

Yeah that works, but it needs to work in combination with the control stick, for the sake of using it to attack from ground level. (Such as Up+Y+bair) For example, pressing X-X-attack or Y-Y-attack works properly, but tapping Up+X/Y+attack does nothing, he double jumps during the attack.

Quote from: JirachiMaster on May 10, 2012, 04:03:46 AM
Yeah that works, but it needs to work in combination with the control stick, for the sake of using it to attack from ground level. (Such as Up+Y+bair) For example, pressing X-X-attack or Y-Y-attack works properly, but tapping Up+X/Y+attack does nothing, he double jumps during the attack.

Ah, that's what you meant. In which case, I agree it should work. Hopefully the team can get it to at some point along the line.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Honestly, the way I got into this mod way back when was pure boredom. Formatted my extra SD and popped the sucker in. Haven't stopped since. There's still plenty of things that need to be worked on, but just the idea of a game designed with balance and competitive play in mind makes me hard.

Those two videos just make the game look like MvC :/

Whatever floats people's boats.


Quote from: Haseyo on May 10, 2012, 12:54:20 PM
Those two videos just make the game look like MvC :/

Whatever floats people's boats.
Someone doesn't know what a TAS is. r)

I certainly don't know whats TAS.

But im guessing its a person who does the craziest combos.

Quote from: -Hero- on May 10, 2012, 02:31:44 PM
I certainly don't know whats TAS.

But im guessing its a person who does the craziest combos.

T=Tool A=Assisted S=Super-play

Normally using an emulator and save-states, and slow-motion gameplay to pull off actions that are nigh impossible to do for a human during normal game-play. In other words, you've got to be pin-point accurate to pull off any of this stuff
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

As if that stopped anyone in Melee. I stand by what I said.


here is an example of tas

[SSBB]Part0.84[TAS]
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]