Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 85
Author Topic: Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!  (Read 558112 times)
Raikrom
Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #555 on: June 14, 2013, 11:41:22 AM »

A little off topic, but I just think I should mention that a stage in SSB U/3D looks to be Arena Ferox from FE Awakening.
    If this is the case then I'm pretty sure we're getting at least one Awakening rep, likely Chrom.
    Maybe Lucina replaces Marth but retains his moveset? She is the most popular female in most polls.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #556 on: June 14, 2013, 11:50:29 AM »

I did plan on rigging Hero Ike at some point. If you guys do the faces/fit it to the bones (?), I'll gladly do it. I just hate doing faces. Hopefully, though, someone's up to rigging him, as he's not in my priorities.
    Whomever takes on Hero Ike, I'm down to re-texture him to fit. My laptop has problems working with 3D unfortunately.

Awakening Ike please? *Shot*
    I was doing a vertex of a sort of FE13 Mercenary Ike if that counts.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

ShadowGarion
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #557 on: June 14, 2013, 11:54:51 AM »

A little off topic, but I just think I should mention that a stage in SSB U/3D looks to be Arena Ferox from FE Awakening.
    If this is the case then I'm pretty sure we're getting at least one Awakening rep, likely Chrom.
    Maybe Lucina replaces Marth but retains his moveset? She is the most popular female in most polls.

You realize that Marth will never be replaced right? He is the first and most recurring Lord in the series, he is the best character to represent FE as a series in Smash, its not all about the "flavor of the month" characters

Alexbt1992
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #558 on: June 14, 2013, 12:30:19 PM »

You realize that Marth will never be replaced right? He is the first and most recurring Lord in the series, he is the best character to represent FE as a series in Smash, its not all about the "flavor of the month" characters

Who knows? Maybe there is a possibility that all three are included this time.
    Or maybe they'll replace Marth with Lucina, seeing how she has his ENTIRE outfit, minus the hair.

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards >9000 Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #559 on: June 14, 2013, 01:09:18 PM »

[quote author =Albafika link=topic=43708.msg1146530#msg1146530 date=1371216902]
    If you guys do the faces/fit it to the bones (?), I'll gladly do it. I just hate doing faces.
    [/quote]
    I can easily do that once I'm done with finals.

+100000000

Who knows? Maybe there is a possibility that all three are included this time.
    Or maybe they'll replace Marth with Lucina, seeing how she has his ENTIRE outfit, minus the hair.

Marth in brawl has the trading card game/classic monsho no nazo design, but just because Sakurai didn't know about his redesign for the NDS remake of shadow dragon, which was in development at that time.
    In the new smash games, he will most likely get one of those two designs:

I'd personally love to model his shadow dragon appearence for brawl, just like I did with his awakening look.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #560 on: June 14, 2013, 01:11:09 PM »

Whomever takes on Hero Ike, I'm down to re-texture him to fit. My laptop has problems working with 3D unfortunately.
    I was doing a vertex of a sort of FE13 Mercenary Ike if that counts.

If they look anything like the Mercs in Awakening. Then sure.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #561 on: June 14, 2013, 01:12:58 PM »

I think we'll see 3 fire emblem characters in the next smash: Marth, Ike and Chrom. Chrom will be the swordsman Roy would've been in brawl: the balance between Marth's speed and Ike's Power.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #562 on: June 14, 2013, 01:14:44 PM »

If they look anything like the Mercs in Awakening. Then sure.
    I'll post previews some time next week, if I get a chance.

Also, I was contemplating an attempt at Shadow Dragon Marth.

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

No one man could have all that POWER!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Pro Gamer Active Contributor

« Reply #563 on: June 14, 2013, 01:25:18 PM »

I think we'll see 3 fire emblem characters in the next smash: Marth, Ike and Chrom. Chrom will be the swordsman Roy would've been in brawl: the balance between Marth's speed and Ike's Power.

I hope so, but we might get another Kid Icarus and Kirby (Sakurai's own franchises) character while FE, Metroid, and especially F-Zero get ignored.  not impressed

No but seriously Marth, Chrom, and Ike would be perfect. Before I got to play Awakening, I was kind of hoping for Micaiah to be the third FE character so that would be +1 female character and not another sword character, but Chrom is just too awesome to not be in it, although in my personal opinion so are Dark Samus (or Ridley), Black Shadow, and King K. Rool.

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #564 on: June 14, 2013, 02:07:53 PM »

I hope so, but we might get another Kid Icarus and Kirby (Sakurai's own franchises) character while FE, Metroid, and especially F-Zero get ignored.  not impressed

No but seriously Marth, Chrom, and Ike would be perfect. Before I got to play Awakening, I was kind of hoping for Micaiah to be the third FE character so that would be +1 female character and not another sword character, but Chrom is just too awesome to not be in it, although in my personal opinion so are Dark Samus (or Ridley), Black Shadow, and King K. Rool.
    The kirby franchise doesn't really need more characters, the trio used in brawl is the perfect representation. Micaiah is not representative, iconic and popular, like most of the protagonists of "recent" fire emblem games. Dark Samus would be a cool addition to the games, but Metroid Prime games aren't popular in japan.
    K. Rool died when Microsoft bought RARE.
    And smash bros. needs another character representing F-ZERO, and the perfect fighter to do so is Samurai Goroh. Black Shadow is a character with no relevance at all, whereas Samurai Goroh is as iconic and important to the nintedo universe as Captain Falcon. Samurai Goroh has a lot of posibilities as a fighter, think about adapting the concept of his machine to a fighting game (a machine with por acceleration but awesome speed given some time). His chances are low, but I totally bet for him.
    Also, Samurai Goroh even appears in the melee intro!
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:09:40 PM by Vert092 » Logged

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

No one man could have all that POWER!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Pro Gamer Active Contributor

« Reply #565 on: June 14, 2013, 02:59:20 PM »

Also, Samurai Goroh even appears in the melee intro!

That's exactly why I would much rather have Black Shadow. Both would fit into SSB perfectly, but Black Shadow is the true F-Zero villain. Goroh is more of the 'Wario-ish' character. The way I see it: Give Ganon a new sword-based moveset, then take his old one, switch it from 'dark' to electric powers, change it up a bit, and put it on Black Shadow so that the semi-Falcon Clone is an actual F-Zero character. Plus, everyone knows who Goroh is because of Smash Bros. To introduce a new F-Zero character that no one really knows outside of people like myself who love the franchise and want it to come back, everyone else will be like 'Whoa. Who's this guy? I'mma look him up and try F-Zero.' instead of 'Hay. That's that Samurai Goro guy that was the assist trophy in BRAWL. Yay! I know stuff about that Captain Falcon guy's game! ^_^'...

I was actually joking about the fact that Sakurai originally didn't put Dedede and Meta Knight in Melee because he didn't want to over represent his own franchise and then sure enough, in Brawl he added them anyway while some franchises didn't get any new characters. Also, I was ranting from a Metroid and F-Zero fan's perspective, but this probably isn't the place for me to bring that up in the first place, although whenever I mention it anywhere else, the only responses I get are 'No one cares about those games anymore. Add Shadow and Cloud and anime characters and more Mega Man characters and Goku and Batman and...' Well, you get the idea.

Still, hopeful for Chrom though. Cheesy

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #566 on: June 14, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »

One more before I stop being off topic.

Toon Link replaces Young Link, and in some sense Lucario replaced Mewtwo. Ike could be looked at as a spiritual successor to Roy. SSB tends to go with a trend of reps from last gen and early current gen. Even if it's not all about "flavor of the month", there's never a 0% chance that it will happen. It's all speculation at this point. Marth is likely, but at the same time I can't help but feel Lucina has a decent shot at it. If not being a DLC outfit.
    Also for funk's sake Wii Fit Trainer and Villager made it in, anything can happen.

Marth in brawl has the trading card game/classic monsho no nazo design, but just because Sakurai didn't know about his redesign for the NDS remake of shadow dragon, which was in development at that time.
    In the new smash games, he will most likely get one of those two designs:

Well, like I said about SSB going with the trend of early current and last gen, chances are Marth will end up with his Awakening clothes. Don't get me wrong, FE11/12 Marth is manly and cool as all hell, I'd love to see it myself. I just get the feeling that if Samus got her Other M design over her Prime design, chances are Marth is getting his FE13 design.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #567 on: June 16, 2013, 05:12:56 PM »

Hey guys, I haven't checked up on this thread in a while. Are Awakening Roy and Chrom still being worked on?

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #568 on: June 17, 2013, 10:19:44 PM »

Hey guys, I haven't checked up on this thread in a while. Are Awakening Roy and Chrom still being worked on?
    They are...we just get busy with other things.

I thought I'd show what had become of my vertex thus far. It's still pretty sloppy, but you get the idea.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #569 on: June 18, 2013, 01:46:13 PM »

Awesome i'm looking forward to them, the new Roy will be perfect for Cbliss and the Roy slot.

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Pages:  1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 85
    Print
    Jump to: