Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Well, I've been working hard on Roy and I guess I'll post some more progress.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If you want some feedback I think the top of his boots, the part that connects the boots with the pants is too wide. Also, his eyes don't have the white reflection yet (Eyehigh), but I think you'll add it later. The rig is looking great so far. Are you going to add reflections to his armor, like the melee Roy by DSX8?

So I started Mia's rig a bit after Thany started Roy. Let's just say she inspired me...

I've not rigged her Jacket yet, as I find that's best for last. I'll surely have many issues with it...


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This rig is pretty bad, but it looks fine on gameplay.

The biggest issues I have are with shoulders and the knees.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The knees were fine, but the boots made it troublesome to fix... And the shoulders... I'm about to just attempt to fix them one last time, it's getting annoying.

She'll have extra faces, too.

Mia looks great so far! Nice weapon choice, alondite fits her trueblade model very well!
I just finished a custom vague katti, if you want it just let me know and I'll upload it here.


I even made a sheathe for it:



And my reference picture:






I assume I could add it, if you want.

Anyways:







Now I just need the extra mouths. And I'll be shortening her jacket so it doesn't clips through.

niice progress in here

c'mon, that doesnt look "bad" at all, Alba. looks pretty great for yer first. remember, it literally cant be perfect. even Nintendo's clip here and there. some even clip horribly (look at Marth's neck while charging his side SMASH). they were smart though, the restricted camera hid all of it      ..and uh, are you really banned?

Thany, are you using the newest brawlbox? i ask cuz it looks like Roy gots that problem the old brawlbox's brought up, a side of his normals looks inverted

Lucina looks much more complete, now with actual hair, and im eager to see how Spirit Roy turns out. is Krom on yer to-build list too, Vert?

Finally! The internet returns!

Awesome progress in here, all. Mia's looking fantastic. especially for a first rig. Lovin' that Roy progress Thany.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: ramonM64 on July 03, 2012, 07:56:53 PM
niice progress in here

c'mon, that doesnt look "bad" at all, Alba. looks pretty great for yer first. remember, it literally cant be perfect. even Nintendo's clip here and there. some even clip horribly (look at Marth's neck while charging his side SMASH). they were smart though, the restricted camera hid all of it      ..and uh, are you really banned?
It may not be bad, but I find it annoying when I have to start the rig over and over to fix pieces here and there. lol

And no, I was just messing with myself there. :P

Finally I find time to post again! I'm on exams again so I don't have much free time right now, but I'll continue working on Lucina next week.
First things first, here's the vaggue katti:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b19298v1jxc7bi5

I made small progress on Lucina herself, but I managed to finally make a decent falchion. When I modelled Marth, I found too difficult to make the new design of the falchion, so I just made a cool sword that barely resembled the new design. But now I tried again and I made the actual official design. Not my best work, but still kinda decent.





I also ported different eye expressions Shun textured to the model, and I also tried a damage face (I had to make her an actual mouth). I'm not really good at this kind of stuff but it's decent, isn't it?

-Normal face:


-Half blink face


-Closed eyes


-Damage face:


Quote from: ramonM64 on July 03, 2012, 07:56:53 PMLucina looks much more complete, now with actual hair, and im eager to see how Spirit Roy turns out. is Krom on yer to-build list too, Vert?

I might do him someday, he doesn't seem hard to do. if you think about it I just did his sword after all.

Lucina looks great so far, deifnantly liking the update to the sword. I'm assuming the new sword will be added to awakening Marth now?

And I'd totally use a Krom Model over Ike if it were to ever be made.

That sword. Is awesome.

Nice work Vert. I was going to update the eyes and turn the blue part white, but now that I see your damage eyes I'll have to make sure to fix those up to. I'll also fix up her sleeves a bit so they better fit.

I can get to the texture work this week (finally) so it shouldn't take me long.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Well, as per usual, I can't seem to find the words to describe the magnitude of awesome in this, especially that sword.

Eyes look pretty damn nice, and the mouth itself looks good as well.
Yet, something about the damage expression in general seems off... I think it may be the eyes itself, perhaps if her brow was more furrowed and the pupils were slightly bigger, it may look better. I'm not sure, I'm sure you'll be adjusting it more yourself in the future though.