Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: KC-MM BrawlVault: Homebrew App *6/13: See Page 4*  (Read 51939 times)
rectina
Newbie Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »

this is a good idea

Emmanoelbs
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2013, 06:10:17 PM »

YEAH!!!

Photos
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2013, 09:18:31 AM »

11/10 Do want.

I actually had this idea a while back (whether I was the first to have it is highly debatable) but had zero programming and hacking skillz to see it through.
Good on you, tc!

SonicWolf
Wolf Warrior
Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog Heart Container RAGE!! Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: February 15, 2013, 01:54:30 PM »

I hope this will be possible. But it's looking like it's not atm... Hopefully I'm wrong tho.

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:

isaimcbrein
    Advanced Kitten

Friend code: 2710-2190-3673

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: May 21, 2013, 11:23:23 AM »

Dude, that an awesome idea! please do that! *-*

Friend code: 2710-2190-3673

BrawlFan53
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: June 18, 2013, 04:26:01 PM »

Love it, would definitely help me.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #141 on: June 19, 2013, 08:22:38 AM »

Yeah... Better not give false hopes. Unstickied. We will sticky it again if the project actually moves forward.

Ozymandias555
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: June 20, 2013, 03:21:41 PM »

I'm all for this. If Homebrew Browser is able to install apps, then with a simple code to be able to rename files to more conveniently download hacks, this should be very possible. One issue I should point out is how people will be putting up files (in zip files, with images/other files, etc.) which could be solved with having people follow a certain format when uploading hacks (such as textures being uploaded uncompressed/unzipped beforehand, with only either or both of the paired .pacs or .brstms and no other extraneous files like a ReadMe or snapshots, while other more specific and complicated downloads such as .brres or only parts of of the .pacs and such, be uploaded to brawlvault but without access to them on the Wii. As for how the app will know where to place the files, we'd have preset location/redirectories for them. The user would be able to choose through a simple GUI that narrows down the preset locations until they get to the correct one (Choose Fighters, HUD displays character selection screen or similar, choose character e.g. Mario to choose corresponding folder, then choose from the 10 or 12 Portraits, the ideal ones being ones with numbers like the missing texture portraits from cBliss, which names it correspondingly e.g. portrait 02, file(s) get renamed as FitMario02.pac/pcs correspondingly). To improve upon this we might let the app use the common_5.pac files and such to use for the interface. The difficult part would be letting the app EDIT files, as it would need to be able to do what BrawlBox does.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #143 on: June 21, 2013, 04:36:41 PM »

I'm all for this. If Homebrew Browser is able to install apps, then with a simple code to be able to rename files to more conveniently download hacks, this should be very possible. One issue I should point out is how people will be putting up files (in zip files, with images/other files, etc.) which could be solved with having people follow a certain format when uploading hacks (such as textures being uploaded uncompressed/unzipped beforehand, with only either or both of the paired .pacs or .brstms and no other extraneous files like a ReadMe or snapshots, while other more specific and complicated downloads such as .brres or only parts of of the .pacs and such, be uploaded to brawlvault but without access to them on the Wii. As for how the app will know where to place the files, we'd have preset location/redirectories for them. The user would be able to choose through a simple GUI that narrows down the preset locations until they get to the correct one (Choose Fighters, HUD displays character selection screen or similar, choose character e.g. Mario to choose corresponding folder, then choose from the 10 or 12 Portraits, the ideal ones being ones with numbers like the missing texture portraits from cBliss, which names it correspondingly e.g. portrait 02, file(s) get renamed as FitMario02.pac/pcs correspondingly). To improve upon this we might let the app use the common_5.pac files and such to use for the interface. The difficult part would be letting the app EDIT files, as it would need to be able to do what BrawlBox does.
    there is the homebrew browser app. it has a way to un-RAR files and ZIPS so you could probably use coding from that. perhaps it would be better to start smaller and work up from there. like maybe a very  basic downloading app that allows you can extract, move, and rename the files after you download them? i think other edits can be put off till later tho, such as editing the common.pac files, etc.

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
    Print
    Jump to: