Let's look into Module Fíles (.rel) - Defensive Collision is now!

Started by pikazz, May 04, 2012, 12:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

so, have you found a way yet to make this work for two brawlEx characters, or is that the next step?

Quote from: dikekoj on January 23, 2014, 02:20:21 PM
so, have you found a way yet to make this work for two brawlEx characters, or is that the next step?
this only WORKS with brawlex characters since we can edit the slots which is important!
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on January 23, 2014, 02:50:55 PM
this only WORKS with brawlex characters since we can edit the slots which is important!

oh, ok, i thought you were just editting samus and zss to make this work...
AWESOME!

No no this will work with any character who doesn't already transform. The reason behind that is the modules for transforming chars are double the size of others. If the fighter memory heap is too big the game will crash, so we would need to detangle shiek from Zelda into desperate modules in order for us to be able to use one of them with a homemade transforming character. Otherwise it will load your fighter, Zelda, AND shiek. Which is too much :/

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 23, 2014, 06:51:40 PM
No no this will work with any character who doesn't already transform. The reason behind that is the modules for transforming chars are double the size of others. If the fighter memory heap is too big the game will crash, so we would need to detangle shiek from Zelda into desperate modules in order for us to be able to use one of them with a homemade transforming character. Otherwise it will load your fighter, Zelda, AND shiek. Which is too much :/
I believe you actually can do it to replace zelda/sheik with a brawlex character! only problem is that we need to givethe other one someone else ID so it will not be in the way
Stupid Tinypic :C

Really? If u think so then it may be possible. The only problem I see is that inside the module for Zelda and shiek, they explicitly call for each other in section 1 don't they? :0 wouldn't that be a problem? I mean we could just change the slot config a bit and have it load another character,  but then the file size becomes an issue since it will load Zelda's module and someone else's. And Zelda's is roughly double the size :0

so now it's posible for a ganondorf final smash that turns into ganon from OoT... ala bowser and wario!

pikazz, I need to work with PW to allow transforming characters to work for slots other than the ones that transform right now.

Hey there Dant :P and really? Pikazz, I thought u weren't using Zelda's module for this? :0  I thought u were modifying an exmodule with code from Zelda's module right?

Now I'm kinda confused on What's going on lol

Quote from: dikekoj on January 23, 2014, 07:46:59 PM
so now it's posible for a ganondorf final smash that turns into ganon from OoT... ala bowser and wario!
as long when there is a Ganondorf BrawlEx module, so yes!
Quote from: Dantarion on January 23, 2014, 07:49:35 PM
pikazz, I need to work with PW to allow transforming characters to work for slots other than the ones that transform right now.
and how do you mean by that? o.o I got everything fully working except for the portrait change in battle! from my perspective, it did sound like I am trying to fool you all but you got evidence right before your eyes! or will you help with that portrait change! I am very confused of what you wrote

and no! I arent using zeldas module! I will actually release both Jigglypuff and Marth soon!
Stupid Tinypic :C

That's what I thought @.@ what Can't said confuzzled me. I can't think of anything that could be broken

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35845

the link to everything of the transformation Jigglypuff and Marth!

and I know what I should do, I will actually port every module thats for BrawlEx being able to transform and very easy to customize and upload them like PW did with the BrawlEx Modules instead of doing a tutorial of how to create a own from scratch!
Stupid Tinypic :C

Well so far you're making amazing progress pikazz, a practical use I could see with this is a fully functional Majora's Mask Young Link with each of his forms being on a taunt, that being said it'd probably overload the Wii's memory loading 5 modules at once (Link, Zora, Deku, Goron, and a Fierce Diety final smash).

All this progress really makes me want to try my hand at some custom characters, though I don't know where exactly to start,

Aww...i was really looking forward to the tutorial :0 hmm..I honestly think it would be less work to just make a tut. Then if everyone still doesn't understand after your tut and my video tut, then i or you could always take requests for transforming modules :P

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 23, 2014, 11:50:45 PM
Aww...i was really looking forward to the tutorial :0 hmm..I honestly think it would be less work to just make a tut. Then if everyone still doesn't understand after your tut and my video tut, then i or you could always take requests for transforming modules :P
I think this is the best, but I will still do a tutorial of how to set it up and customize the module to load right Grapfic, Action after transform, the right way to set up Slot ect!

but if you guys REALLY want a tutorial of how to make one from scratch, I can put up one
Stupid Tinypic :C