Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Character Select Freezes On Kirby Portraits?  (Read 691 times)
silveruchiha
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 10, 2012, 03:25:49 PM »

So here's what's happened: I installed a new CSS (the darkblue flame CSS by ASFlink). I installed all the proper codes so I know that works. I also went through every portrait beforehand making sure every character's was the right size, colors, etc. The .pac file is smaller than needed, so I know that it should all be working absolutely fine.

Problem: I noticed this when going through kirby, testing to see what Brawl-Minus 2.X will do. When I flipped through his portraits, it froze on one of them. So then I resized it to be smaller and took out colors. When I tested this again, a different portrait froze. After this happened a third time, I resized all of Kirby's portraits AND removed the GigaBowser & Company icons too (thinking they might be a part of the problem). If I cycle through his outfits on the select screen, it eventually freezes on one of them (not always the same one). Any idea what the problem is here?

EDIT: Tried replacing the portraits with the default portraits. Still freeze. I'm starting to think that it is more the CSS than the portraits.

EDIT2: Further testing indicates it's not the CSS either. Switched it to an older one... still freezes... on Kirby... no one else. WTF?

EDIT3: So it had to do with the CSS codes... not sure which ones... but most of these codes I've used for quite a long time and never had issues... now they mess up Kirby for no adequately explained reason... I repeat... WTF?

EDIT 4: Seriously? I can't bump my topic even once to try and get help? If no one sees this the first time around nothing happens? That's great. Well here's another damn update since it is back to not working:
So when I thought it was working... nope. I added the portraits back in and it [censored]ed up again. Does anyone know why this is happening? I'm literally out of reasonable ideas as to what the problem(s) is/are. Only thing I can think of is that it is the Brawl Minus 2.X, but that only changed the movesets and nothing else. And it shouldn't be the portraits because it broke on default portraits and worked before 2.X with the custom portraits.

... seriously. I have no idea anymore.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:04:04 PM by silveruchiha » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: