Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A few general questions  (Read 978 times)
hack3r
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 29, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »

Hey all,

while I'm not necessarily new to the Brawl hacking scene, I have been skimming by for a while now with a very basic knowledge of how exactly everything works. I currently run my hacks through Riivolution, and I often experience seemingly random freezes while playing the game. This usually happens at the beginning of the match, just after the 3-2-1 countdown, though it has also happened mid-gameplay, I suspect triggered by an item. When it freezes, a high pitched continuous beep begins until I go up to the wii and shut it off manually.

Now, this doesn't happen every time I play, but it does happen frequently enough for me to be concerned and annoyed by it. Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? If you need more information from me I'd be happy to provide it. I thought that some of the texture-hack files I downloaded might be glitchy, but I've tested them all and they work fine, until they don't...

My other question, completely unrelated, is in regards to character PSA's. I like the idea of them, but I don't really want to be downloading them if it means I won't be able to use the character's original moveset as well. It kind of illegitimizes the game for me. As I stated before I use the Riivolution app to run my hacks. Is there any way for me to be able to put the PSA hacks on my SD card but then have the option to choose when I want to use them and when I want to keep the original movesets? I don't mind switching my hack loading method, I'm just looking for some advice. I have a feeling I may need to reorganize everything I have soon anyway.

If anyone can help me out even a little but it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Iwvi
Cronic Procrastinator
Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 09:51:46 PM »

It depends a lot. Many hacks work individually but sometimes not toguether. The freezing can happen when many hacks that take a lot of memory are together. 4 player matches are more likely to freeze than 2 player matches.

About PSAs, I'm not sure. There was something that alowed something similar. But you could only load one at a time. For example you had Ike /claud, you could load either in a match but could not put both against each other (If both were on the ike slot). I don't remember the name. Maybe "Alternate file loeader" or "clone engine", one of those or maybe they are the same. Not sure.

I'm not really good with Riivo. But thats what I can say.

hack3r
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 12:38:52 AM »

Thank you, this helps. Your description of how the PSA switching system works actually sounds better than what I had envisioned. I have no problem with that limitation. You said you don't have much experience with Riivolution. Would you recommend another program?

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 11:42:50 AM »

Not sure. From what I have heard Riivo is a good method. I'm just too lazy to switch.

hack3r
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »

Okay, well thanks anyway! Anybody else have any answers?

EDIT: I just thought of another question. I already have the .gct files for my Brawl codes in a folder labeled "codes" on the root of my SD card. These files are labeled "riivolution" and "RSBE01". I also have a Riivolution folder on the root of my SD card with the xml files "modlauncher", "ocarina", and "RSBE" in it as well as "codehandler.bin".   I set all of this up so long ago I really don't remember much about it. If I want to add some new codes how would I go about editing these files? I assume it can be acieved easily with the Code Manager program, but I'm not even sure which files I should be editing. Sorry if this is confusing or I'm leaving any important info out.
    « Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:36:30 PM by hack3r » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: