Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SSBB -> Hacking ideas, possible?  (Read 2282 times)
Teschi
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 11, 2012, 02:48:05 AM »

Hi Cheesy

I started with cusomizing SSBB. I know the basics,replace character,stages,music etc.
Now,i have here some questions and i think,here's the best forum to find the right answer without long waiting x)
K,here are the ideas/quests:

-> Is it possible to "clone "an original character in the game,so i don't have to replace him for a custom char and let him disappear from the game?

-> Same with stages

-> How can i add  custom SFX for in-battle voices right?there are .hex and .dat always in a pack. And,is it possible to test them,like in brawlbox?

-> Is it possible,to delete the character-select-announcer complete?Maybe i will need,and it doesn't matter for me if there's no announcing.Cuz,i had many problems in adding custom announces.

-> Which tool is the best for making custom stages on PC?

-> and,anyone know a css customizer for german games? (sc_selchar_de.pac)

I know,maybe a lot of questions,but i hope to find the answers here.
Nice greetz and thank you,
Teschi.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:15:23 AM by Teschi » Logged

Spex130
Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 11:32:37 AM »

-> Is it possible to "clone "an original character in the game,so i don't have to replace him for a custom char and let him disappear from the game?

Hey there!

So, this one is the only question I can answer.

Kind of. .Rel ports allow you to do that, in a way, but it only works for a few characters.
    You can also do it the other way, old-style porting, but the special moves will ALWAYS be different.

So, no. Not perfectly.

Teschi
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 05:00:37 PM »

Oh hey,first answer,thank you.
    Year,the best is to try sth. out to copy,rename files,and many more.
    Hope i'll find answers to the other quests Shocked

GanonZack
    Extreme Kitten

Dark Lord's Disciple: GanonZack

• Awards Featured Ninja Tutorial Writer Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 08:27:22 PM »

You can do rel port to stages too. I recommend you to check out this thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=26269.0
    If the download link of that page doesn't work, you can find the original rel files in the resources section of the Vault.
    Actually, any stage that originally goes over Final Destination can be rel ported over any other stage (Except Castle Siege and Onett).

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 05:14:34 PM »

Hi Cheesy

I started with cusomizing SSBB. I know the basics,replace character,stages,music etc.
    Now,i have here some questions and i think,here's the best forum to find the right answer without long waiting x)
    K,here are the ideas/quests:

-> Same with stages

Actually, what you're referring to is called character expansion. In short, the answer is no; at this point, only stages can have stage expansion, with extra slots that don't have to replace others.
    Characters have to replace other character slots. However, most of the time, there are limitations with this. For example, a PSA (moveset) made for Mario will only work over a Mario slot, unless it is ported to another character (which is often glitchy or requires major modifications). The "Clone Engine" seeks to resolve this, and allow any moveset to replace another character's slot. The Clone Engine uses .rel files (or rel porting- completely different from normal, non-rel porting) to substitute some of the hardcoded files specific to each character. Stages also use rel files when you want to replace, for instance, Hyrule Temple with a Final Destination based stage.
    For the moment, character rel files have been made for Marth and Ike, only. So pretty much, any moveset on either of those characters can replace any other character you desire (although, over some characters, codes must be added into the RSBE01.gct file to account for additional hardcoded attributes, such as the number of jabs in their A-A-A attack; otherwise, the rel ported moveset would have only two jabs instead of three).

---
    as for your SFX question, I'm not an expert in the field, but Sawndz may offer something for that. Check the resources page on the Vault (above where the character category is).

Here's the link for the German CSS file (sc_selchar_de.pac)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?78aj4k1t1282mpe

Teschi
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 06:10:03 PM »

Ah,ok.
    I dont  mean that i need the german css,i mean i need the CSS Customizer for german sc_selchar_de,cauz the only one,that i find,can just change _en

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 12:03:46 PM »

Ah,ok.
    I dont  mean that i need the german css,i mean i need the CSS Customizer for german sc_selchar_de,cauz the only one,that i find,can just change _en
    what do you mean by "CSS Customizer"? You should be able to use brawlbox to change CSS. Unless you're looking for a German version of Brawlbox?

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 05:44:50 PM »

-> Is it possible,to delete the character-select-announcer complete?Maybe i will need,and it doesn't matter for me if there's no announcing.Cuz,i had many problems in adding custom announces.
    Easy. Just replace the announcer's voice clips with silence.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Teschi
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 12:44:22 AM »

With CSS cutomizer i meant the tool.It can change the CSS bei drag & drop (other character placement),but only for _en,and i need it for german.

Segtendo,i wanted to remove it,because i DONT KNOW HOW TO INJECT/REPLACE SFX's.So,replacing with silence.dont know :x

Is there a better programme (for PAL) for SFX's?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: