Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I reset the poll because i add more option, i also make the options more easier to understand , so what kind og gameplay do you want for Blaze ?
Same Speed than Sonic / lighter than sonic (-15%) / more powerful than Sonic (+15%)
Slower than Sonic (-20%) / same weight than Sonic / slightly more powerful than Sonic (+10%)
Faster than Sonic (+20%)/ same weight than Sonic / less powerful than Sonic (-10%)
Slightly slower than Sonic (-10%) / lighter than sonic (-15%) / alot more powerful than Sonic (+20%)

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 50
Author Topic: Blaze the cat - SOLar version, BETA V0.9i NOW on the VAULT !  (Read 298887 times)
Novarek
Extreme Kitten

Model import, PSA, SFX & GFX hacker

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 18, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »

WORK in PROGRESS

[UPDATE : 03/14/2014] : NEW VERSION & NOW OUT ON THE VAULT !

_________________________________________________ _____________________________________

V0.9.i

Changelog for the v0.9i :

- The v0.9i have a new ground up B, this new move as been designed to be a fast combo and escape move.
    When doing the up B (on ground), if you press B again, Blaze will do her aerial side B, so gou can quicly go away of trouble.
    If you press Dpad DOWN when doing the up B, Blaze will do her aerial down B, this is the combo move.
    - Minor animation fix on the ground final smash
    - Minor SFX fix on the aerial neutral B

New "ground" Final Smash, time for a SOLarmageddon !!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I completely redo the topic for the occasion, so it will take some time, but for now, here's what you need to know about the beta.

1 - beta contains a single slot Costume atm, because the other slot does not contain a simple variant of the texture, but an alternative model (the outfit summer and winter of Blaze, from the Mario & Sonic olympic game), and the other models are not ready.

2 - some SFX of Sonic may remain in the PSA, this will be fixed in a next hotfix, so atm, don't play with Sonic and Blaze at the same time for avoiding this SFX issue.

3 - a small amount of hitbox doesn't work as intended, like the ground up-B or the side-B who are actually OP, those move work without glitch but not like i wanted, they will be reworked.

4 - the beta contain the victory theme and SFX, the CSP and a small bonus from Akeno-san.

5 - keep in mind that this is a beta, many things will improve or even completely change for the V1.
    In addition, this hack was built on Dolphin and never tested on Wii, so I need some beta tester, report on this topic every bug or any other issue than you will find.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 08:56:33 AM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 10:05:40 AM »

Common misinterpretation.  The Shadow PSA was made by ME and PORTED by MarioDK. 

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »

does this use articles?

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »

Common misinterpretation.  The Shadow PSA was made by ME and PORTED by MarioDK.  

Oups sorry, fixed.

But now i can send you my official request for using your PSA. Smiley

Quote from: Neku Sakuraba
    does this use articles?

What do you mean?

I still not familiar with all the terms of ssbb hacking.

EDIT : ok now i know what do you want to know, i think. :p

So article = special GFX used only by the character owner, like the Mario fireball, right ?
    If i have right, so no, this PSA use only "standart" GFX
    « Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:02:51 AM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

metatrongrhm
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 10:24:49 AM »

Looks cool, hope it turns out good!

I'm normally a PAL user too(UK here), I own a PAL copy of SSBB but use an NTSC iso on my wii.

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »

Looks monstrously powerful, but I'll go test it out.

Post Merge: June 19, 2012, 07:43:12 PM
    Ok, so I'm gonna say this as an overall: I like it. Not super overpowered although the graphics of the attacks may make it look that way. All of the following said: I don't really know Blaze as a character since I haven't played her games. I don't know how accurate these moves even are to her.

I do have a list of criticisms though.

- The biggest thing anyone will notice upon downloading this is her running. She has insanely slow acceleration, making it feel like she's not moving at all when you mash the joystick. She picks up in speed to be pretty quick, but the opening movement makes her feel like she's stuck in sand.

- When down air makes contact with the ground, she kind of sits there a little too long.

- I don't know if this is intentional, but Up B is kind of wonky. If you don't charge it at all, you get full range out of it. If you charge it just a little, you get no range. If you fully charge it, you get medium range. And her halt at the top is a little awkward.

- Her model disappears briefly in both Up-A and Wall-Jumps. Dunno if this is intentional, because her mouth and still appear in some frames.

- Again, don't know if this is intentional or not, but her Neutral B-Air stops the second she touches the ground. Makes short hop attacks impossible, or using it under a platform that you can go through difficult to judge. The graphic for this move is also absolutely monstrous, but it's power is pretty balanced.

- Side B is very awkward in the air and even moreso on the ground  because of the step back and down she takes. When you use it on the ground, she goes into the ground. Even more important: Her special fall out of Side B is uncontrollable. After you use side-b in the air, she falls straight down. You can't control it at all - can't move side to side or drop yourself down. She just falls.

- Her down smash has a HUGE graphic, but it has no range. You have to be right next to someone for it to have any affect. I'd suggest making the graphic change depending on the amount of charge, with the hitbox increasing with the graphic.

- Down B in the air does dark damage instead of fire.

- Up Air is very, very difficult to make contact.

- I don't know what I did to trigger it, I can't emulate it, but I think I got hit - her eyes had four pupils. One in each corner of each eye. Also during the results screen, her eyes are all the way to the side and in her head. Her mouth also disappeared during a win pose.

One of my favorite parts about this is her combo potential with A moves, and her side air is really cool.

Post Merge: June 19, 2012, 08:09:40 PM
    Got two more

-When used from up close, her ground Final Smash freezes the game.

-Her metal doesn't affect her jumping. She jumps the same height but faster. Only thing it affects is how quickly she comes down.
    « Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:09:40 PM by Riddler » Logged

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »

this is just shadow over marth edited to have fire instead of chaos power

oh, adn teh fs is broken because you use a ike.rel

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 11:35:25 PM »

I don't know what Shadow you're using, but it's definitely mostly different from the one I've got

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 12:55:08 AM »

Thanks for the reply Riddler, i add that in the "know issues" and start to work on a fix.

Edit : ok i have find and solved approximately 50% of prob you have find, i still work on the other, i will post a hotfix today.
    « Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:51:22 AM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

Youngnamez
    Expert Kitten

Due Tomorrow? Do Tomorrow

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 11:40:57 AM »

I like this PSA but every once in a while, if i try to catch an item in the air, the game freezes and the horrible BEEP sound plays. Can you please fix this?

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »

I like this PSA but every once in a while, if i try to catch an item in the air, the game freezes and the horrible BEEP sound plays. Can you please fix this?

Yes, i start the work on a fix.

EDIT: ok i have try in my side and nothing, all work good, do you have this problem with all the item ?
    Are you a PAL user ?
    Do you using the last version of this PSA?
    « Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:17:56 PM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

Youngnamez
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 04:51:32 PM »

I The items it froze on were the capusle, pokeball, and smart bomb. I use NTSC and the latest version

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 07:03:42 PM »

I The items it froze on were the capusle, pokeball, and smart bomb. I use NTSC and the latest version

I have do another test with the item you have a prob and still nothing in my side.

Prety hard to do a fix on a bug i cannot see.

Wait the next update (the version over Wario) maybe this will fix your bug (i think it should be done for this week).

Next project after Blaze

Youngnamez
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 09:57:59 PM »

I figured out what the problem was. If you jump in the air and press "Z'' on the gamecube controller, the game freezes. Please check this out when you have time.

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 06:04:05 AM »

I figured out what the problem was. If you jump in the air and press "Z'' on the gamecube controller, the game freezes. Please check this out when you have time.

I have again do another test in game and check inside the PSA, everything are normal in my side.

I will continue to investigate but i cannot fix something who does not exist in my side.

EDIT: i have a theory, your prob maybe come from the "size limit", each character slot have a size limit, this hack increase the size of the original file inside the Toon Link slot, if the size are heavily increased, the hack do not work for anyone, if he are lightly increased, the hack work for a majority but cannot work correctly for a minority.

At the moment, you are the only one who have reported this issues, so maybe my theory are correct.
    « Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:32:48 AM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 50
    Print
    Jump to: