Project Star Wars

Started by MasterObiQui'Et, July 18, 2012, 01:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: milliondollar mistake on July 20, 2012, 03:03:04 PM
I can't help but think Chewbacca would look best over Sonic Snake.
YES.
The grab would be just like Chewie *strangles*

Quote from: MasterObiQui'Et on July 18, 2012, 07:28:58 PM
I'm planning on it. The Force Unleashed has an incredible selection of just about any Star Wars character you can think of. Obi Wan, Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul, C3P0, Kit Fisto, Darth Sion (from KOTOR2), you name it. The only trouble with Jedi is you pretty much have to port them over Ike/Marth. You could create a PSA on a different character, but you would just wind up with another Ike/Marth that no one knows how to use.

I'm thinking next will probably be Obi Wan or Qui-Gon as a skin for Marth/Windu. I would also REALLY like to do a Wookiee character, perhaps over Ganondorf.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Force_Unleashed#Appearances
Kit Fisto, Grievous, Dooku, Leia (over zss would work well), and Han Solo in particular would additionally be neat. :)

Quote from: toastoftriumph on July 22, 2012, 08:09:50 PM
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Force_Unleashed#Appearances
Kit Fisto, Grievous, Dooku, Leia (over zss would work well), and Han Solo in particular would additionally be neat. :)

Oh that's interesting, Grievous is in the game. I'll have to look into ripping that. I'll definitely try to do something with Leia and Han Solo. Those would be cool.
I'm not sure about putting Chewie on Snake. It would be a little weird to see a Wookiee in command of that much firepower, and using Ganondorf would give him the right size and raw physical power that he is supposed to have (I'm imagining him picking people up with the Side B). I'll have to think about it.

i just tryed your yoda and hes totally epic :srs: love his move and the animations look very smooth i love his loose animation :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

hi
really awesome project
and amazing imports  :kdance:
good continuation :)

I really want Yoda! But where to put Zero so he's not on Link or Metaknight?
!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
!!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thanks everyone I'm glad you like them!

Some plans for the future: Obi-Wan over Marth (being rigged), make Vader's helmet smoother and shinier, Lego Yoda skin, Han Solo, Princess Leia, and hopefully Chewbacca.
I'll just update this topic when I add more characters so I can get a nice Star Wars character network going.

Quote from: MasterObiQui'Et on July 28, 2012, 07:40:04 AM
Thanks everyone I'm glad you like them!

Some plans for the future: Obi-Wan over Marth (being rigged), make Vader's helmet smoother and shinier, Lego Yoda skin, Han Solo, Princess Leia, and hopefully Chewbacca.
I'll just update this topic when I add more characters so I can get a nice Star Wars character network going.
if you dont wanna replace ike moves why not make the vader psa on ganon with nano vertex? there are already several  sworded ganon psas and all that
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on July 28, 2012, 11:06:06 AM
if you dont wanna replace ike moves why not make the vader psa on ganon with nano vertex? there are already several  sworded ganon psas and all that

Sorry this is a really long answer.

First of all, I don't want to get rid of Ganon any more than I want to get rid of Ike. The Brawl developers spent a lot of time designing, testing and balancing these characters. Something I've noticed about PSAs: unless they are amazing, people will use them once or twice, and as soon as they get over the fact that *insert name here* is in the game now, they go back to the characters they know and never play your PSA again. Yoda was a different story because I had a great idea for a unique character and the Smash designers didn't do a very good job on Metaknight anyway. When I imagine Darth Vader fighting in Brawl, all I see is a slightly slower and heavier Ike, just the kind of thing that people will try once and never use again.

Second, Ike's moveset with the force choke grab fits Darth Vader almost perfectly. (Warning: I'm about to go super nerd on you. Be prepared.) Anakin Skywalker was a practitioner of lightsaber Form V, called Djem So (no I'm not sure how to pronounce that). This lightsaber form is heavily based on brute force. The general philosophy is to make counter-attacks and overpower your opponent with incredibly strong lightsaber blows, using the force to enhance your strength (sound like a Smash Bros character to you?). After getting his armor, Vader had to adapt his fighting style to rely even more on brute force and precision.

Here's a quote from Wookieepedia: "The Djem So attack stance consisted of holding the lightsaber above the head, angled back and down at an approximately forty-five degree angle. The characteristic Djem So attack was dubbed the 'Falling Avalanche,' an overhand power blow that crashed down upon an opponent with exceptional force." Sound like Ike's smash to you?

Only a person as nerdy as me will understand without me explaining it, but Ike is basically Darth Vader already. No PSA necessary.

I understand u, some brawl movesets are fine the way they are with certain characters...

Me too. Still if the PSA is good, balenced, fun & preferably also better then I'd want to have it if there is room or I can make room for it. Like currently I got Tails over Meta but once I get good SFX for Yoda consider him replacing Tails :D
!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
!!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.