Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3ds Max Model Import Problems  (Read 3802 times)
mnsg
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 08, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »

I was recently able to get hold of Autodesk 3ds Max.  Unfortunately, the best that I could download was the Autodesk 3ds Max 2010 edition.

Anyway, I have been playing around with some of the Brawl models with the program, but when it came down to doing vertex hacks, I was clearly missing some major steps.

I looked at the tutorials, and they mentioned about COLLADA being involved with the model imports.  I browsed around to look for an OpenCOLLADA revision for 3ds Max 2010, and I saw a couple plugins that I could use.

Unfortunately, I soon ran into a brick wall, as whenever I try to import a .dae model with OpenCOLLADA, it never imports the model at all.

Either I'm missing something, or I'm just completely stuck.  Some help would be appreciated.

Edit: If it helps, my computer's operating system is Windows 7.  As for some images...

I try to import a .dae model with OpenCOLLADA...

It never gets imported.
    « Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 06:42:25 AM by mnsg » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 07:07:19 AM »

If you want a faster answer, I'd suggest asking for help in the BrawlBox thread.

DemonBoy
    Holy Kitten

That one guy

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 07:12:46 AM »

Download this, install it, and import the dae using the default dae importer.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 07:41:17 AM »

Download this, install it, and import the dae using the default dae importer.

I think I got hold of the right plug-in.  However, I did end up with the following errors while doing the import...

And to add insult to injury, whenever I use the Brawl VertexHacker Tool to fix the AiS Import, the polygon positions get messed up.

DemonBoy
    Holy Kitten

That one guy

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 07:52:23 AM »

well you can use this guide to import the model correctly
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41996.0

I never tried vertex hacking before so that's all the information I can give you

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:40:57 AM »

Okay, I've went through that guide, but when it got to part involving the script that detaches objects by material ID, it left me with an error message.

This really isn't what I had in mind if I want to do vertex edits, so I may need a better solution.

@Albafika: Isn't the BrawlBox thread for BrawlBox related questions?  This is more of a 3ds Max issue that I'm having, unless it has something to do with exporting .mdl0 files into .dae files.

Edit: I've finally managed to get 3ds Max 8 onto my system, and managed to get the tools that involve vertex hacking to work too.

Therefore, this issue is pretty much redundant now.
    « Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:23:03 PM by mnsg » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: