Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Creating new Link PSA (Animations Freeze but game does not; need help)  (Read 1793 times)
charatchan
Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 03, 2012, 02:02:15 AM »

I am working on a PSA for Link (a good one) but I am having three problems.

The first one is minor:  Link's sheath disappears in most of his animations.  It is present in his item holding poses and a few others but most of the time it is gone.  I may just do away with sheath all together.

Second:  Link's sword is sheathed while he is still holding it.  I have not inserted the 'model changer' line into PSA nor have I messed with his sword handle.  For some reason it is sheathed at all times (and if you stack this with problem one its a sword handle that just floats behind him in an invisible sheath).  Again minor problem;  if I do away with sheath I'll do away with this too.

BIG PROBLEM:  Recovery (landing) animations are freezing him.  If you are in the air and you use a regular attack (not one of his special moves;  just pressing A) AND the animation is still playing through when he hits the ground he will just stand still and be uncontrollable until he gets hit.  I need help with this bad, I have spent so much time with this problem that the PSA has come to a halt.

[Example of problem 3:  I jump and while in the air use links Down-A attack... after he lands he stands up and wont move until he takes damage or is grappled].  Please help, thank you in advance;  this PSA and moveset are so fun to use but the freezing has made it unplayable.
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:26:50 PM by charatchan » Logged

"Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep" -- Fran Lebowitz

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 06:23:24 AM »

Problem 2 should be solveable by removing the handle of the second sword in bbox.

Problem 3 sounds like animation issues. You have any statements that say the animation has to end?

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

charatchan
    Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 11:19:13 AM »

Problem 2 should be solveable by removing the handle of the second sword in bbox.

^.^ I Figured that was the case.  Using the 'model changer' line to remove the sheath does not work.  If I hex it out then he wont have the sheathed handle at all.... XD I was going to have him use it but I'll just get rid of it.

Problem 3 sounds like animation issues. You have any statements that say the animation has to end?

Ok this one:  Technically I have not inserted any statements that say the animation has to end.  HOWEVER:  I have only changed his animations in the FitLinkMotionEtc file and in the animations that are giving me trouble I have only changed the angle he holds his sword at (i'm pretty sure thats all);  I have not changed the original info in the FitLink.pac file so in theory there is already info there telling him to end that animation (am I wrong? do I have to put it in manually?)

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 03:26:04 PM »

if im not mistaken changing the length of his attacks without changing his psa info to match can cause issues.

charatchan
    Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 08:29:40 PM »

I didn't exactly 'Fix' it per say.  I downloaded a new Fitlink.pac and redid my mods to it and now it works just fine.  Maybe I corrupted my file before or maybe accidentally deleted/changed something I wasn't supposed to.

The invisible sheath and the floating sword are still there but I'll just get rid of them ^.^

Thanks for the help.  As soon as its done (or maybe in a Beta stage) I'll post it;  I think you will like it.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 10:03:54 AM »

Maybe so. I created dual wielding Link a few days ago and its fun. Havent decided on releasing it or not.

Glad i could help you though.

charatchan
    Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 03:19:16 PM »

>.> that's exactly what I'm working on

Darn it, why does everyone always get to the kewl stuff before me

>.< and I figured out how to do it all on my own too; didn't get help from anyone lol

Ah well, yours will prolly be better than mine anyway.  I'll keep watch and if you don't release yours I'll let mine lose on the vault lol.

^.^ anyway thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
    « Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:35:58 PM by charatchan » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: