Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Gardevoir over zelda  (Read 12115 times)
ShinySpiritSeer
Mega Kitten

Providing ideas to the community

View Profile Awards
« on: September 16, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »

I was wondering if someone could import the ssbb gardevoir over zelda (because the vertex dosen't look apealing) that would be awsome

Aafyre
Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:39:45 PM »

I'm sorry my vertex displeases you.

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »

Two things:
    1), the vertex looks very similar to the actual model. I'm not sure you could tell which was which if they were laid up side-by-side, so the SSBB model really isn't what you're looking for.
    2), this is the wrong section. You should post in the request section.

Now available in blue.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 10:06:02 PM »

i support this.

vertexes should be history now.

EDIT: wrong section...

!
    « Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:07:12 PM by ShadowSnake » Logged

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 11:37:10 PM »

i support this.

EDIT: wrong section...

!

That's just mean. Considering how much work it took for Aaf.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 01:47:47 AM »

Yes this is the wrong section.

i support this.

(because the vertex dosen't look apealling)
    That's just plain rude. I know u guys have rights to say that. Since every opinion counts. But Aafyre worked very hard on that vertex. It takes time and effort to be put in vertexing. I think u two should say sorry to Aafyre if u hurt his feelings.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 07:56:11 AM »

Yes this is the wrong section.
    That's just plain rude. I know u guys have rights to say that. Since every opinion counts. But Aafyre worked very hard on that vertex. It takes time and effort to be put in vertexing. I think u two should say sorry to Aafyre if u hurt his feelings.
    That's just mean. Considering how much work it took for Aaf.

?

It's my own [censored]ing opinion, yeah i worked very hard on my vertexes too but i dont use one single vertex anymore (even mine) because how much better an import/custom model can look compared to it. Vertexes were the last generation of brawl modding, and now we can get the actual model we tried to reflect back in the vertex days with importing, should be history. Vertexes were so limited to what we could make with vert count, bad proportions, mismapped and stretched textures and [censored]ty normals.

I dont think Aafyre's vertex was bad, he did a great job with the limits of vertex hacking. He was one of my top 5 favorite vertexers actually, he made a lot good stuff and still does, your new battletoads custom model looks great btw. But anything can be improved. In my opinion an import is needed for gardevoir to match with the current generation of brawl modding. You dont have to agree. Hell maybe Aafyre could make a high poly custom model of Gardevoir that would look better than an import of that low poly brawl model? Like StarWaffle did for Mewtwo.

Lastly, is it rude to request an import? no, so let TheGardiunAzelf make his request without getting attacked on his opinion.

Sorry about unintentionally causing this Aafyre, i hope i cleared this misunderstanding in the above text.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

XxTailsxX
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 08:31:36 AM »

@shadowsnake dont u know how to import?

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 08:36:40 AM »

@shadowsnake dont u know how to import?
    Hey even he has many things and projects going on. He can't do them all at once yknow.

So anyways I support this and someone please move this to the request boards.....

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 11:25:36 AM »

?

It's my own [censored]ing opinion, yeah i worked very hard on my vertexes too but i dont use one single vertex anymore (even mine) because how much better an import/custom model can look compared to it. Vertexes were the last generation of brawl modding, and now we can get the actual model we tried to reflect back in the vertex days with importing, should be history. Vertexes were so limited to what we could make with vert count, bad proportions, mismapped and stretched textures and [censored]ty normals.

I dont think Aafyre's vertex was bad, he did a great job with the limits of vertex hacking. He was one of my top 5 favorite vertexers actually, he made a lot good stuff and still does, your new battletoads custom model looks great btw. But anything can be improved. In my opinion an import is needed for gardevoir to match with the current generation of brawl modding. You dont have to agree. Hell maybe Aafyre could make a high poly custom model of Gardevoir that would look better than an import of that low poly brawl model? Like StarWaffle did for Mewtwo.

Lastly, is it rude to request an import? no, so let TheGardiunAzelf make his request without getting attacked on his opinion.

Sorry about unintentionally causing this Aafyre, i hope i cleared this misunderstanding in the above text.
    No. Am saying it's bad to say things like "vertexes should be history now" and that can offend people because they can take it the wrong way. even though u ment it in a good way. I know u and every vertex hacker worked hard on them. But also u should consider ones feelings on the matter of vertexing. People can be easily offended when their work is criticized in a bad way even though the person didn't mean it like that. I know model importing is way better then vertexing. Because they are importing the model of the character and not just making it. But the point is somethings people say can offend and saddened others.

Ok I'll stop going off topic now.

But I also agree someone can do an import of Gardevior over Zelda. I could download it if I had more Zelda slots though...
    « Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:31:34 AM by Zelia » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 11:41:30 AM »

Ehh, someone was gonna rig this but its been months already.. Here's my edited Gardevoir model for anyone that wants to rig her: http://www.mediafire.com/?15vq5mag6pr8vo2
    (If that's not the right link tell me.)
    She's remapped so then she can be as detailed as other brawl characters however I didn't change her textures at all and the issue is that I only included the open eyes (which can be fixed easily by the one who wants to rig it)
    Side to side picture with the original brawl model.

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »

Hey even he has many things and projects going on. He can't do them all at once yknow.

So anyways I support this and someone please move this to the request boards.....

this, i work full time and go to college. There is barely time to mod brawl.

No. Am saying it's bad to say things like "vertexes should be history now" and that can offend people because they can take it the wrong way. even though u ment it in a good way. I know u and every vertex hacker worked hard on them. But also u should consider ones feelings on the matter of vertexing. People can be easily offended when their work is criticized in a bad way even though the person didn't mean it like that. I know model importing is way better then vertexing. Because they are importing the model of the character and not just making it. But the point is somethings people say can offend and saddened others.

Ok I'll stop going off topic now.

But I also agree someone can do an import of Gardevior over Zelda. I could download it if I had more Zelda slots though...

I dont see why you and velen are making such a big deal about this. i didnt mean to offend anyone, im sorry if i did. i just meant that vertexes are from the last generation of brawl modding and most of the good vertexes from the day like gardevoir diserve a model import or custom model update.

@ mods

will someone move this thread already...  not impressed

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »

Honestly though... The vertex is BETTER then the Brawl model...

I'd only want an import, if it's actually higher quality then the vertex... *I'd prefer if Aaf did it too.*

The vertex has a nice texture, the details are all there. Only odd thing in my opinion is the normals.

In honesty, I hate this way of thinking. Some people still use plain old texture hacks. Why? They still hold up alright. As do some vertexes. Gardevoir is one of those vertexes that still looks good, even now.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 02:46:33 PM »

Not all imports are good or done properly, unlike vertexes, which actually take WORK to do. Yeah, models take effort, but compared to vertexes? It's the same as BRSTMs -- it takes some labour, but it's nothing that can leave your jaw hanging.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 03:14:40 PM »

In honesty, I hate this way of thinking. Some people still use plain old texture hacks. Why? They still hold up alright. As do some vertexes. Gardevoir is one of those vertexes that still looks good, even now.[/color]
    Not all imports are good or done properly, unlike vertexes, which actually take WORK to do. Yeah, models take effort, but compared to vertexes? It's the same as BRSTMs -- it takes some labour, but it's nothing that can leave your jaw hanging.
    ^This. Just cause Imports are the new modding doesn't mean you toss aside the good textures/vertexes cause they're from the "older modding", that's just plain bull[censored] and you know it.

Imports =/= Quality.
    Importer =/= Quality.
    Heavy work into perfecting something = Quality. <-- perfect example is Aafyre's Gardevoir and many other textures and vertexes.

Aaf's Gardevoir is WAY better then the crappy Brawl model. I'd pick his over the Brawl one any day.

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: