(FilePatch3.5.3)Update

Started by Don Jon Bravo, October 07, 2012, 02:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Kaaoeyi on February 03, 2014, 07:31:02 PM
I've tried both of those, It's probably just me, but it still won't swap sfx at the homescreen, css, sss, or anywhere. I think someone else should try it out to confirm that it's just a problem on my end.
yea
sfx for the css is not possible
because the game loads it from the beginning
but it should swap it for characters from different rosters

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 04, 2014, 02:20:29 AM
yea
sfx for the css is not possible
because the game loads it from the beginning
but it should swap it for characters from different rosters

It just freezes when I try that.

so how do you add your custom css to the other folder? do you just drop the code file in there?

February 04, 2014, 11:14:01 PM #303 Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:19:10 PM by HaloFanODST
So, the Soundbank Replacement Engine Code of IE is not needed now?

EDIT: I just read it again, and I noticed that we still need to use that malfunctioning code.

Sorry, I still prefer my BRSAR.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: BruceTD on February 04, 2014, 08:29:48 PM
so how do you add your custom css to the other folder? do you just drop the code file in there?
just put in your other sc_selcharacter in the RSB4 folder inside the corresponding folder
which is menu2, i think

So has anyone gotten this to work with the SDHC expansion and BrawlEx?

Like i said. When I use this update. I freezes immediately when switching.

The concept is great! Executing it though, seems to only work for a small group.

February 06, 2014, 03:35:26 AM #307 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:39:21 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: KendallJT on February 05, 2014, 05:39:46 PM
Like i said. When I use this update. I freezes immediately when switching.

The concept is great! Executing it though, seems to only work for a small group.
do you have the brawl config files in both pf folders?
in the pf folder for rsbe
and in the pf folder for rsb4
do you have ur edited sc_selcharacter in both folders also?

it is also likely that u guys may be having issues because brawl ex requires filepatch 3.5.b, which may push offsets and codes to a different place in game location

which is easily fixable...

February 07, 2014, 01:28:33 AM #308 Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:31:07 AM by KendallJT
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 06, 2014, 03:35:26 AM
do you have the brawl config files in both pf folders?
in the pf folder for rsbe
and in the pf folder for rsb4
do you have ur edited sc_selcharacter in both folders also?

it is also likely that u guys may be having issues because brawl ex requires filepatch 3.5.b, which may push offsets and codes to a different place in game location

which is easily fixable...


yes, yes, and I think I'm good now. I'm just going to move on.

Post Merge: February 07, 2014, 01:31:07 AM

Quote from: HaloFanODST on February 06, 2014, 04:22:06 AM
Yes it does.

Well since it matters to you. You figure it out.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 06, 2014, 03:35:26 AM
do you have the brawl config files in both pf folders?
in the pf folder for rsbe
and in the pf folder for rsb4
do you have ur edited sc_selcharacter in both folders also?

it is also likely that u guys may be having issues because brawl ex requires filepatch 3.5.b, which may push offsets and codes to a different place in game location

which is easily fixable...

File Patch 3.5.1b fixes only the common2-.brstm file confliction (which is literally 6 bytes of hex when comparing the two codes), so it shouldn't be too much to fix.

Quote from: ToadKart on February 05, 2014, 05:37:42 AM
So has anyone gotten this to work with the SDHC expansion and BrawlEx?

does brawl EX modify the file patch code? i havent really looked.  basically you can get any FPC working if you just add the last part of the code onto it. i don't think the SDHC code affects the FPC so it shouldn't need any modification.

February 08, 2014, 02:57:22 AM #311 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:00:33 AM by Albafika
[censored]ing christ. How out-of-context can you be in a week, HaloFanODST? This is the second thread you derail with your nonsense this week.

Cleared the OFF-Topic. You both earned something.

Quote from: Sirkura on February 07, 2014, 02:19:34 AM
does brawl EX modify the file patch code? i havent really looked.  basically you can get any FPC working if you just add the last part of the code onto it. i don't think the SDHC code affects the FPC so it shouldn't need any modification.
:kirby: SDHC Code is a completely different modification.
The 3.5.3 update on the OP seems to not work with the 3.5.1b FPC used by BrawlEx.


On that note, I saw a "3.5.3b" code floating around somewhere, you should check it out.