Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Wingedkoopa67's Stage Thread  (Read 18525 times)
Wingedkoopa67
Advanced Kitten

The "I Did It All By Myself" Guy

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:35:12 PM »

Hey hey. It's a me, Wing. I saw most of all the well known stage creators here have their own thread. So I decided to get with the cool kids and make my own thread. I'm a huge Mario fan to say the least. I grew up with Mario. I have played almost every Mario game to date, so I have alot of useless info on the Mario series. I also have a sorta bond with the series as a result too. So I focus on Mario stages more than anything.. You may see a few oddballz. But not many. Wink I'm not a hardcore stage creator, I only make these stages when I feel a passion for it. So I don't just shoot out stages weekly.

Completed Stages:
Yoshi's Island From Fortune Street                  Peach's Castle From Paper Mario       Bowser's Castle From Fortune Street                                         

PetalBurg From PMTTYD

Working on:
Bowser's Castle From Paper Mario
                    [No Image]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 02:35:09 AM by Wingedkoopa67 » Logged

SSJ Is Clueless!
Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 08:53:12 PM »

nice stages, i can tell your a mario fan XD

is pedal berg gonna have animated koopa's in it?

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

Wingedkoopa67
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 09:04:57 PM »

nice stages, i can tell your a mario fan XD

is pedal berg gonna have animated koopa's in it?
    Most likely, yes. Wink

SSJ Is Clueless!
    Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 09:06:42 PM »

Most likely, yes. Wink
    sweet, cant wait for that

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

Syeo
    Extreme Kitten

Dude Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 10:58:06 PM »

Hey WingedKoopa67, I'm glad to see that you now have your own thread. Smiley

Actually, we already talked about your stages on Youtube (I'm the guy who knew your second stage is from Paper Mario N64).
    I can also use your stages because I sometimes switch to NTSC, so I was already able to try them out.
    Your stages are great and I'm really looking forward to see much more! Smiley

Wingedkoopa67
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 11:02:43 PM »

Hey WingedKoopa67, I'm glad to see that you now have your own thread. Smiley

Actually, we already talked about your stages on Youtube (I'm the guy who knew your second stage is from Paper Mario N64).
    I can also use your stages because I sometimes switch to NTSC, so I was already able to try them out.
    Your stages are great and I'm really looking forward to see much more! Smiley
    Hey, hey. Sup bro! x) Well I'm glad you can use them. I just wish I could make 'em work for PAL users too.

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 11:05:39 PM »

Awesome stages! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Smiley

Wingedkoopa67
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »

Awesome stages! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Smiley
    Thanks! I hope I can get Petalburg done soon. Cheesy

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 05:56:03 AM »

Nice introduction, Wing. I'm Mewtwo2000, another stage maker around here Tongue

It's nice to see new people starting to make stages, specially when they're that good. Your stages are outstanding, they look really nice. And you've just started, I can't imagine how will your stages be once you've done a few more.

Making the thread is the best option, so people know about you, what you're doing, and the state of your current projects. But I'm against something you've said. That 'somebody making some stage' thing. I personally don't care if somebody is already making certain stage, if I had the will to make it before, I will make it even with existing versions over there. I mean, don't let others take you down when you already decided on doing something. If your version is good to play, good looking, and well done, there's no reason for people to not get it.

At least, that's what I do. Of course, I don't like to come with already made stages, it would be better if nobody would have done them yet. But if it isn't the case, and the stage was important to me, make sure that I'll still make it.

BTW, I've noticed your stages do not cast character shadows in your videos, in case you don't know how to make them, I'll leave you the last tutorial I made. I like to see shadows in the stages, I guess they're a little more realistic with them. And they're easy to use.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47160.0

Keep up the good work! Cheesy

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Syeo
    Extreme Kitten

Dude Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 06:27:44 AM »

Hey, hey. Sup bro! x) Well I'm glad you can use them. I just wish I could make 'em work for PAL users too.

I'm sure you will know how to make your stages compatible for PAL users over certain stages as well when you get more knowledge. As you know, your stages are very impressive and beautiful. Smiley

@Mewtwo2000: I told Wingedkoopa67 that you're able to make stages, which require no rel file (Fourside over Onett for example). He is also interested in making his stages compatible to PAL users. Do you think you could tell him how to do that?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 07:13:07 AM »

To make a stage compatible with many stages, you only need to have a stage with lots of empty modeldatas. I make all my stages from an empty stage full of these, and usually put my models in modeldatas 1, 2 and 101. If a stages freezes on a slot, it's usually due to not having all the modeldatas needed. FD is one of the simplest, cause it only uses 1, 2, 100 and 101. Temple uses 0, 100 and 101. And Battlefield uses a few more. To make a stage compatible with both FD and Temple at once, all the models should go in modeldata 101, you can't put models in modeldata 100, and anything in modeldatas 1 or 2 won't be loaded in Temple, and same thing with modeldata 0 when put over FD.

For PAL compatibility, there's nothing special to do. If a stage works in NTSC, it should also work in PAL. The differences I've found are just sizes, it seems like bigger files are only loaded by NTSC, while PAL games freeze. And rel porting uses different rel files each. That's all.

If a stage freezes in PAL, it's either too big or uses a wrong rel.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

SwingSet
    Holy Kitten

taunt

• Awards Pin Collector Dedicated Hacker Fiery Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »

I'm loving this so far. Great work you got there! Smiley

xxWutzMercyxx
    Lol Kitten

Men become Demons

• Awards RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 12:43:57 PM »

Glad to see you took ma advice and made a thread bro XD Get ready to get real popular now. Now that your thread is up...THERE'S NO ESCAPE o_0

Wingedkoopa67
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »

Nice introduction, Wing. I'm Mewtwo2000, another stage maker around here Tongue

It's nice to see new people starting to make stages, specially when they're that good. Your stages are outstanding, they look really nice. And you've just started, I can't imagine how will your stages be once you've done a few more.

Making the thread is the best option, so people know about you, what you're doing, and the state of your current projects. But I'm against something you've said. That 'somebody making some stage' thing. I personally don't care if somebody is already making certain stage, if I had the will to make it before, I will make it even with existing versions over there. I mean, don't let others take you down when you already decided on doing something. If your version is good to play, good looking, and well done, there's no reason for people to not get it.

At least, that's what I do. Of course, I don't like to come with already made stages, it would be better if nobody would have done them yet. But if it isn't the case, and the stage was important to me, make sure that I'll still make it.

BTW, I've noticed your stages do not cast character shadows in your videos, in case you don't know how to make them, I'll leave you the last tutorial I made. I like to see shadows in the stages, I guess they're a little more realistic with them. And they're easy to use.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47160.0

Keep up the good work! Cheesy
    Why thank you Mewtwo! Cheesy Glad to see my work is quite impressive.

Well, now that I see it your way. It makes since. I think the only reason I wouldn't want to make a stage someone else is working on, is because I don't want them to get mad at me.. xP

I was always a little blurry on making the shadows appear. I'll give your tutorial a look. maybe I'll have shadows in my next stage. ^.^

(In reply to other post) vvv

I always wondered that. When I looked at your peach's castle stage, it had a boat load of model data's with "Static" in them. xD But now I know. hopefully I can make 'em work for PAL now. Thanks Mewtwo. Cheesy

Post Merge: November 23, 2012, 12:49:32 PM
    Glad to see you took ma advice and made a thread bro XD Get ready to get real popular now. Now that your thread is up...THERE'S NO ESCAPE o_0
    lool, I don't think I wanna excape. >Smiley
    « Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:49:32 PM by Wingedkoopa67 » Logged

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 12:50:45 PM »

lol this^

Also wing they wont get mad with you this happens in model imports they make tons of different versions of the same character...slenderman and more known shadow Tongue

btw nice stages..cant wait to see your coming stage Awesome Face

Pages:  [1] 2 3
    Print
    Jump to: