A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake

Started by ABloodyCanadian, December 12, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!

Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?
January 01, 2013, 12:31:42 AM #60 Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:52:47 AM by A Bloody Canadian
Demo is now ready! Please leave Feedback. I'll update the OP with another preview video soon.

Post Merge: January 01, 2013, 02:52:47 AM

Updated the OP with the new video. You can see it as soon as it finishes Uploading.

Downloaded. I'll leave feedback after I try it out tomorrow.
Now available in blue.

January 03, 2013, 06:26:36 PM #62 Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:32:09 PM by Azure_Shadow
I have some feedback for you, if you want it.

I think most of the moveset is pretty good, and the SFX aren't as annoying in practice as they are in theory. I'd be fine with leaving them as they are.
I do think that a few of the moves are unbalanced, however. Like the side B move; even though the random chance between elements (at least I assume it was random) made it a little more interesting, elemental attributes are one of the more overused ideas in PSA and feel like unnecessary add-ons unless they have a good reason for being there. Given that she's using guns, they just didn't seem to fit.
Secondly, even though the machine gun is supposed to be used to rack up damage while the pistol has greater knockbacl, I think they need a little more balance in a few places. Down smash in particular; it just doesn't make sense for a fully-charged smash attack to do 7% damage and still have such a small amount of knockback, but that's what happens on the pistol. Given that I haven't opened the PSA up and looked at the code yet, there may be extra hitboxes that I keep missing with, but if there are I haven't noticed them in play.
Lastly, I like the range on the B and side B attacks, and the AAA combo, but on other parts of the moveset (side tilt, aerials, etc) the range is so short that you have to touch the opponent with her gun in order to do any damage. I feel like she's too light and fragile to be used as an up-close fighter, and that the attacks don't do enough damage to justify that imbalance. I know that you said earlier that ranged fighting seems like a cheap tactic to you, but she's got ZSS's weight and agility with only a third of her range- I think giving her an even longer range than ZSS wouldn't be cheap, because stronger characters can take the attacks or shield them easily enough and faster characters will be able to approach at a decent rate anyway. ZSS seems like a weak character to me, so making her weaker by pulling off her range just doesn't feel right.

Overall, I like it. It's different from most of the movesets on the Vault, and we're in serious need of PSAs for Samus and ZSS that aren't overpowered. Even so, I think this moveset might be in need of a little buffing, mostly concerning the range as that's the primary point of the PSA- the two guns she uses.


...And that's my two cents! (phew!) :)
I hope it all made sense. I'm not used to writing feedback.
Now available in blue.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take some of these into consideration. Yes the Side B is Random Chance... lol. I also had a hard time thinking for the side special, then I remembered that Resonance of Fate had elemental bullets so... eventually that idea came up. Also, most of the hitboxes for the tilts and sorts is just 1 offensive collisions so I can understand how you would have a hard time hitting with them. As far as stats go. I didn't really change her stats too much because I didn't know how the attacks would correspond to it. All I did was made her jump lower and slightly heavier. It's a good thing I'm asking other people to try it... lol

Glad with the positive feedback so far!

Also went ahead and updated the Shinda PSA. Makes fixes on one of her Side Smashes and tones down the Down Smash.

I'm thinking of changing the Side Special Idea. A few more ideas have come up.

One of them being some sort of Non-Damaging Dash. But if you're holding a button, you can either attack from behind, interrupt it with a jump, and maybe a few other things.

The demo moveset was a lot of fun to play as, but I found myself having trouble to K.O. Peach even at 250+%.

The SFX is fine, at least for me. Yeah walking animations..and mostly stuff Azure_Shadow said, the only reason I won't keep this PSA is because it requires the samus.pac

Surprised that nobody seems to be annoyed by it... lol

I might change the Side Special. Idk...

Oh, and could you consider a new down special? I honestly don't know what it does and I keep trying to use it in battle..on ground and in air.

January 04, 2013, 11:34:10 PM #67 Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:37:09 PM by A Bloody Canadian
Actually, the Down Special is the key to the moveset. It changes her guns. That's probably why you're having a hard time KOing people. Machine gun is used to rack Damage, while the Handgun is used to KO your Opponents. You always start a match with the machine Gun... lol

Only works on the Ground though...

lol I see now, thanks. in future versions, will the samus.pac no longer be needed? cause i already have a psa over samus..


I'll release a second demo to see if any of the issues mentioned before have been fixed. I pretty much did some Stat changes, Hitbox fixes, and I'm working on an entirely new Side Special. No Elemental Bullets... lol


January 11, 2013, 03:19:33 AM #72 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:46:42 AM by A Bloody Canadian
I updated the Demo Link with the 2nd Demo. Still unsure of the stats though... Again, feedback would help.

Also good news... No FitSamus.pac file this time!

Changes since last Demo:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


As a side note... I'm still in need of a Character Hack... with Model Edits...


No, I'm not talking about Leanne... That's an entirely different Project.

I want somebody to create a character hack over Zero Suit Samus to go with this PSA. I've contacted this person, and this person about this, but neither of them has yet to tell me word about progress.