Peardian's custom models (Collabs wanted!) - Newest: Exor

Started by Peardian, December 23, 2012, 05:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 45 Guests are viewing this topic.



I finally made a proper render of the full stage animation, enhanced with some nice lighting effects.

Bowser's Keep stage animation

This is the ideal Bowser's Keep!
Click for my stuff:


I gotta say.....this is the most detailed stage ever! The models, textures, shine, animations, and lightning are perfect.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

*sigh* i might have to lose the stage :,','(

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

@RAWRzilla: What I'd do is two things: first, I'd get an env with lots of sharp, highly contrasting bits, such as the one used by Dialga's gem, and add in some rainbow sprinkles. Next, I'd make a mask for the shell that is very close to, if not entirely, high-contrast noise. With these things together, you're bound to get lots of little sparkles of light as he moves. If the effect isn't great enough, I'd try increasing the shader strength. All that said, this really isn't the place for something like that, so if you have any further questions about it, please make your own thread to discuss it.

@Gnorcteen: Huh?
Click for my stuff:



Quote from: Peardian on November 18, 2013, 11:53:50 PM@Gnorcteen: Huh?
on half of the 4-player matches I play (and few 3-player matches), it lags to half-frames-per-second. I use my modded brawl to entertain, and my friends loved the design, but just couldn't play on it without quitting mid-match due to match-lengths. I would ask for something to be done, but you guys are busy enough as it is. plus it's likely im the only one on this thread experiencing it.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Ah, that is bad. I suppose we could make a minimalist version that completely gets ride of the left- and right-hand walls, so long as people don't mind the completely jarring end of scenery when rotating the camera around. Of course, that depends on if DSX8 is up to it.
Click for my stuff:


nah man, don't work your ass off about this; I almost always have backup plans. fortunately I do with this one. it may not be as full of life, but it's a Bowser stage nonetheless. im just getting Bowser's Castle over norfair.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

actually, i think heavy lag should always be taken care of, specially in a stage.
havent looked at it yet, but i bet you guys are so perfectionists you even kept models that aren't visible when fighting...

also, another option would be to get rid of some height levels, and just animate it in a way you dont see the lack of walls, like, if you get up a certain height, the lower wall would go up and viceversa when going down...

I got into the stage using Nano's Mega Lucario.
Thing lagged a lot ;-;
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


then fix it for those who need it. i always have alternatives. just wish 8XSD wasnt quitting. his ssb4 boxing ring was very impressive (and still is)

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

I guess now I can mention that it lags a lot on Dolphin, with just original Mario & my Dark Bowser which has practically the same detail as Brawl Bowser, so I know it's not them. There's a lot of polygons that are being loaded here, idk maybe swapping the Koopa's multiple bodies into bones that rotate will help? I just know that there's a lot of models and possibly the only way to reduce lag is to reduce the detail of the models, I know reducing textures reduces file size, but I don't remember it messing with lag. I do agree with finding out why it lags because the stage is amazing and lots of people will want to play it without tons of lag with their friends. :-/
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

alright ppl.. i'll be deleting like about 5 floor of poly's from the giant wall model, and will be deleting some unseen objects too, so be patient for an update either tonight or tomorrow folks.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady