Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 40
Author Topic: Uniform Team Color Project (Work in Progress)  (Read 224637 times)
Shun_One
Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #180 on: March 19, 2013, 08:49:22 PM »

Maritime Wolf: I definitely agree with the silver boot straps. Everything else looks good.

Mars Falco: Instead of shifting his feathers to the purple side, shift more towards green. If you trying to match Mars Ike/Marth hair color is a good way to go. I think the others covered most of the other things. Also, don't be discouraged! You're making good textures, it's just tough to make one that fits the theme of this project. Stick with it!

Mars Sonic: Black shoes maybe?
    Mars Link: It's been said, shift the red to the more orange side, turn his gloves and boots to black.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Mithost
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #181 on: March 20, 2013, 05:30:10 AM »

Maritime Wolf: Looking good, I agree with trying the silver boot straps. Even if you didn't, It looks really good already. Maritime is almost complete!

Mars Sonic: Black shoes is the only thing I could say about it there. The red colour you used is nice.

Mars Link: Can't say much about this due to the odd screenshot, but the colours could be a bit more orange (not too much, just an orange tint of red) then add darker colours for his leather parts (boots, straps, gloves, etc).

galaga4991
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards >9000 Famous Hacker Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #182 on: March 20, 2013, 11:08:38 AM »

Mars Link: Updated it to look a bit more orange. Comparison shot below, old Mars on left, new on the right:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?a3d9mh6rjlgzzwz

Mars Sonic: Made the shoes a really really dark brown. Not going to bother with a screenshot, can't find a stage with proper lighting to show them off. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?41k0466ev81ppu1

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #183 on: March 20, 2013, 12:23:04 PM »

Here's a quick Mars Falco I whipped up about an hour ago.

Sharpened and brightened it up a bit so that it looks more in-game-ish-like.

Still not sure what I should do with the inner shirt, but overall I think this is what we are looking for in Falco.

And yes, before anyone asks, I did change the feathers ever so slightly, even though it doesn't look like I did.

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #184 on: March 20, 2013, 07:45:19 PM »

That definately looks much better than before. I think the shirt might be nice as a brighter beige, but overall it looks pretty much what I'd imagine Mars Falco as!

Badge
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #185 on: March 21, 2013, 05:14:25 AM »

Link: Better red tone - maybe a very tiny bit too orange, but it's hard to say with the old version shifting perception. The other part of my suggestion still stands, you should make at least some of the leather parts darker. At the moment it looks more like a red Maritime Link than a Mars one.

Falco: Yes, that's what I wanted to see. Different scarf maybe? The green shirt area and blue soles look a bit odd to me, too.

@Galaga: Could you just give us proper screenshots instead of uploading the files? If you for some reason can't, I can make them for you, but usually I wouldn't bother downloading every revision of the texture just to see what it looks like.

Next version for Maritime Wolf:

Main difference are the silver frame and straps of the boots, I only made minor adjustments apart from that.
    « Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:15:18 AM by Badge » Logged

galaga4991
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards >9000 Famous Hacker Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #186 on: March 21, 2013, 08:19:02 AM »

Link: Better red tone - maybe a very tiny bit too orange, but it's hard to say with the old version shifting perception. The other part of my suggestion still stands, you should make at least some of the leather parts darker. At the moment it looks more like a red Maritime Link than a Mars one.

@Galaga: Could you just give us proper screenshots instead of uploading the files? If you for some reason can't, I can make them for you, but usually I wouldn't bother downloading every revision of the texture just to see what it looks like.
    For Link, darker boots, belt, etc. Got it.

But what do you mean "proper" screenshots? What I've been doing is taking a screenshot in Brawl and converting the .bin to a .jpg. Is there a better way to take screenshots of texture mods?

Badge
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #187 on: March 21, 2013, 09:03:41 AM »

But what do you mean "proper" screenshots? What I've been doing is taking a screenshot in Brawl and converting the .bin to a .jpg. Is there a better way to take screenshots of texture mods?
    The "proper" was mostly there to exclude the kind of screenshots you had given us before for Link, that don't really show anything but one specific area.
    More specifically I meant two things with proper: First, something like the screenshot of the texture problem doesn't count, because it shows nearly nothing of the texture. And second, if you upload the file as the primary method of viewing the texture, you'll probably not care too much about making screenshots from which you can criticize the texture alone. Just try to give a picture of it in its entirety.

I'm sure you would have done that anyway had you not uploaded your files.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #188 on: March 21, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »

for minor details like how colors look, wouldnt a brawlbox picture suffice?

Badge
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #189 on: March 21, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »

Most of the time it does. You just have to keep in mind that textures usually appear brighter ingame than in BB due to different lighting, so it is advisable to take an ingame look at it at some point before releasing. When using BB pictures to show the texture you might also consider increasing brightness and contrast a bit so it looks more like it would ingame, but most of us take that into account when reviewing them for this project anyway. The only thing of importance is to give a good look on the texture, because otherwise the whole feedback part of the work process obviously doesn't work.

Dvorakelt
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #190 on: March 21, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »

My favourite Mars Falco is still the Bright coloured one on page 11. Will that one be available for download?

Keep up the good work guys, These look great.

Mithost
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #191 on: March 21, 2013, 05:45:45 PM »

Maritime Wolf + Mars Falco: Perfect. I have nothing really to add to either of these textures, and no dramatic changes are necessary IMO. Just let them get critiqued by the rest of the team and see what other changes might make them even better.

Mars Link: Almost there. It looks a bit too much like the red link texture that comes with brawl in my opinion. Try doing the black leather that a bunch of people suggested, while keeping that version backed up just in case it doesn't turn out good.

Hereta
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #192 on: March 22, 2013, 12:30:40 AM »

Nice! Cheesy

Dio
    Extreme Kitten

I will go beyond the borders of humanity!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #193 on: March 22, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »

Hey. Sorry it took so long but I have been having some really bad internet connection issues. (Im using McDonalds Wifi right now just to send this)
    Anyway its Mars Snake.
    I hope you guys like it. And again sorry for the terribly long wait.

Mithost
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #194 on: March 23, 2013, 01:02:37 PM »

Mars Snake: Good colours, but I think the red needs a pattern or camo. The normal camo would probably suffice. It just looks like a blank canvas right now.

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 40
    Print
    Jump to: