Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28
Author Topic: Cloud Strife Project - Cloud Strife V2.0a2 Released - 3/14 - Glitches Fixed  (Read 134259 times)
Jack H.
Titles cost $5,000
Supreme Kitten

Co-Founder of KC-MM

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #330 on: March 13, 2010, 06:07:42 PM »

Another reported glitch: More than one Cloud at a time causes a soft-freeze (however, not the buzz of death). Most likely due to the incredibly massive FitMotionEtc file-size.
    « Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:38:04 PM by Jack H. » Logged

-Jack H.

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic Star Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #331 on: March 13, 2010, 06:13:17 PM »

Another reported glitch: More than one Cloud at a time causes a soft-freeze (however, not the buzz of death). Most likely due to the incredibly massive PSA file-size.

Lol, the PSA is an average size. The motion pac is above average tho.

janfeae
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Donator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #332 on: March 13, 2010, 06:37:46 PM »

Great work guys. Great work. Like I said before, some of us may not show it, but we reeeeeally appreciate you guys hard, hard work!!!

???
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #333 on: March 13, 2010, 06:45:31 PM »

I Found a Glitch.

If king boblin hits you as cloud it freezes. Injected into the ISO. Dolphin Beta Final Build v2

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #334 on: March 13, 2010, 07:39:44 PM »

Dolphin? Well no wonder. XD;

Here, use this code so that he won't go by and the bridge won't break, but the stage still animates. :3

Dark Link Duel [Phantom Wings]:
    4A000000 90180F3A
    38000000 FF000033
    48000000 805B8ADC
    DE000000 80008180
    1400036C 4F000000
    E0000000 80008000

Vinyourg
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #335 on: March 13, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »

Wait, homebrew works on Dolphin now?
    Man, I need to get a new laptop.

Aside from emulators, I have my two cents to point out now. I know you're asking for glitches, but not many casual hackers are good at finding them, so i'll focus on gameplay. The only 'glitch' I found, per say, was that his winning-waiting animations are completely frozen. Not that it freezes the game, but rather the animation is frozen.

MASSIVE GAMEPLAY REVIEW TEXT WALL. DO NOT READ IF IRRELEVANT.

All in all, Cloud has no obvious weakness to be exploited. His worst point is getting back on stage, and it's mediocre at worst. His Side-B and Up-B are fine for recovery. His Up-B moves are also bad at hitting people.

You want to really beat Cloud? Get a character with projectiles.

There's no way to approach him without them, and when you do, it can only get worse.

From above? His Uair will juggle you, no matter how long the dodge is. For variation, try Nair instead and laugh when opponents can't get away from it's huge hitbox.

From below? Expect a Dair, Toon Link style and less lag. Or a Down-B. Slower, but great for off-stage spiking.

From the side? Cloud has two projectiles (Neutral-B and Down B) that can be predicted and dodged, but off-stage they become scary edge-guarders. His Foward Smash is fine for dealing with people that are good at spacing.

His F-tilt is mediocre, his D-tilt is better than Ike's, and his U-Tilt is magical. Compare the Utilt to Sheik's Ftilt.

Is Cloud on the ledge? His Side-Aerial move will hit anyone waiting for him, with it's massive reach.

It's so satisfying to land a full Aerial Neutral B on someone.  Happy Face

And there's my gameplay review on Cloud. Balanced? Nope. Legit? Yes. It's Cloud Strife, he's supposed to kick everyone's a**.
    « Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:34:20 PM by Vinyourg » Logged

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #336 on: March 13, 2010, 08:47:03 PM »

Peach's Final Smash causes him to freeze the game when he falls asleep...Yeah, talk about weird. XD

Canon98
    KC:MM Team
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Starstormer Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #337 on: March 13, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »

I think I may know the reason why he's freezing for some of these. I'll get to  them quam celerrime.

Jack H.
    Titles cost $5,000
    Supreme Kitten

Co-Founder of KC-MM

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #338 on: March 13, 2010, 08:52:29 PM »

Wait, homebrew works on Dolphin now?
    Man, I need to get a new laptop.

Aside from emulators, I have my two cents to point out now. I know you're asking for glitches, but not many casual hackers are good at finding them, so i'll focus on gameplay. The only 'glitch' I found, per say, was that his winning-waiting animations are completely frozen. Not that it freezes the game, but rather the animation is frozen.

MASSIVE GAMEPLAY REVIEW TEXT WALL. DO NOT READ IF IRRELEVANT.

All in all, Cloud has no obvious weakness to be exploited. His worst point is getting back on stage, and it's mediocre at worst. His Side-B and Up-B are fine for recovery. His Up-B moves are also bad at hitting people.

You want to really beat Cloud? Get a character with projectiles.

There's no way to approach him without them, and when you do, it can only get worse.

From above? His Uair will juggle you, no matter how long the dodge is. For variation, try Nair instead and laugh when opponents can't get away from it's huge hitbox.

From below? Expect a Dair, Toon Link style and less lag. Or a Down-B. Slower, but great for off-stage spiking.

From the side? Cloud has two projectiles (Neutral-B and Down B) that can be predicted and dodged, but off-stage they become scary edge-guarders. His Foward Smash is fine for dealing with people that are good at spacing.

His F-tilt is mediocre, his D-tilt is better than Ike's, and his U-Tilt is magical. Compare the Utilt to Sheik's Ftilt.

Is Cloud on the ledge? His Side-Aerial move will hit anyone waiting for him, with it's massive reach.

It's so satisfying to land a full Aerial Neutral B on someone.  Happy Face

And there's my gameplay review on Cloud. Balanced? Nope. Legit? Yes. It's Cloud Strife, he's supposed to kick everyone's a**.

Thanks. This kind of input is also appreciated. We'll be sitting in our lawn chairs slurping juice - but we'll be on our netbooks on the front lawn read'n the subtle suggestions. You wont go unheard.

-Jack H.

Lord Prosper
    Expert Kitten

Nyeeeeh! Indeed!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #339 on: March 13, 2010, 09:28:37 PM »

I was playing on the Pirate Ship with Cloud and Pokemon Trainer (specifically Charizard), and after awhile it seemingly froze for no reason.

Canon98
    KC:MM Team
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Starstormer Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #340 on: March 13, 2010, 09:41:57 PM »

Expect a re-released fixed file soon.

Freeze Fixes:
    4 Player Clouds
    Peach's Final
    Hog Collision (Bridge of Eldin) 
    Stand-up glitch

Lordgiratina7000
    Expert Kitten

May the Triforce Be Within you..

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #341 on: March 13, 2010, 09:49:18 PM »

is it normal wen rosalina uses her final smash cloud makes a weird noise and it freezes

Feanor
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Featured >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #342 on: March 14, 2010, 03:54:31 AM »

Wow this really looks awesome! Sadly I can't test it myself as I won't  have wii before may T_T

I just have a question though : I saw in the gameplay video that he still had Ike's voice, didn't you say you would change it? Or will you had it in the final version of the PSA?

Forgive me if you already told it somewhere.

DrKoala
    ­Tactical Disaster
    Special Access

­

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #343 on: March 14, 2010, 05:46:24 AM »

Oh yeah, I have to report a glitch:
    While fighting Link with Brawl Minus PSA, the game froze after the first KO.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to note: I was playing PAL Brawl.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #344 on: March 14, 2010, 06:01:53 AM »

Wow this really looks awesome! Sadly I can't test it myself as I won't  have wii before may T_T

I just have a question though : I saw in the gameplay video that he still had Ike's voice, didn't you say you would change it? Or will you had it in the final version of the PSA?

Forgive me if you already told it somewhere.

Sound effects do NOT get replaced though PSA. It's through the smashbros_sound.brsar.

And that's a VERY tedious and annoying task. I'd be surprised if they're still doing it, though if they are, more power to em. I sure as hell wouldn't have the patience. >_>
    « Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:03:00 AM by Wave Kusanagi » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28
    Print
    Jump to: