Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Music Help?  (Read 899 times)
BigPizza77
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: January 23, 2013, 07:50:11 PM »

Hey all, I've got one annoying issue with making music: it breaks my game.

Im running the "without homebrew" version of brawlbox with lots of texture replaces, stage replaces, model swaps ect. I know all that works fine, since i tested it all out and the mod as a whole has endured countless hours of being on without a hitch.

then i try to replace the Temple (melee) with the skyward sword theme. Im running the NTSC file patch code 3.5.1 that's supposed to be able to boot music from the pf/sound/strm file. I tested my btrsm file in brawlbox and works fine.

The issue arises when i even go to the 'melee' section of the menu. i doesnt matter if i hit the 'melee stages' button, or brinstar comes up in random.

i took the sound folder back out of my sd card and everything works fine again.

anyone know where i goofed it?

Speedy101
Holy Kitten

You were my New Dream

• Awards Warm Welcomer Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 08:00:32 PM »

Can you be a bit more specific what truly happened

personas: [Nathan Drake Cole Mcgrath(Street  Fighter X tekken version  Jonah Hex Johnny storm Cilf Hudson Sonic Chuck Greene Frank West batman wolverine the Flash Green Lantern  Superman  Marty Mcfly  The atom(Dc universe comics)  Mimic (The Exlies  comics version) Alan Wake  Rambo  Indiana Jones and others

BigPizza77
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:07:00 PM »

Sure! i used this (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241578) to make an mp3 into a .btrsm. then i renamed the btrsm to Temple (melee)'s three-character name (W24? off the top of my head?)

i then dropped the file into! privatewiiappsbepfsoundsstrm

i then load up brawl, only to be greeted by that great "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" sound whenever i get to the stage selection screen after choosing my character. The freeze happens before, and after, choosing a stage: depending on how fast i went.

Post Merge: January 23, 2013, 08:49:05 PM
    sorry for the double post, i fixed my own problem: i must have somehow goofed another file up, because now everything works fine after formatting my SD and trying again with a backup from yesterday. im not sure what i messed with, but its fixed now.

this can be closed!
    « Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:49:05 PM by BigPizza77 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: