Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 60
Author Topic: Stage Workshop  (Read 444360 times)
BlueBrain
God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #390 on: January 31, 2014, 04:26:36 PM »

yes you can mirror, set the X scale value to -1 in the animation.
    it does need it's own bone though obviously.

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #391 on: January 31, 2014, 06:26:07 PM »

Took me a while to figure out how to stop the texture from being inside out >.< Stupid material cull Tongue

Anywho, finally got a design I'm pretty happy with, here's the full stage:
    Only thing I'm undecided on is that far back right blue stalk... but w/e Tongue

Here's a shot more 'in-game' instead of zoomed out:

Bonus:

This is what I like to call the 'Sea of extra parts' Tongue

Leaves on all the background plants will come soonish, then paratroopers and finally - if I can figure out how to texture it  - I'll import some gold mario coins to spin around while floating next to the Beanstalks Azn

Oh and the clouds... and maybe some leaves that bend when you stand on them Tongue

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:30:17 PM by Syvkal » Logged

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #392 on: January 31, 2014, 06:31:33 PM »

I spent a bunch of time tinkering with BrawlBox, got the full stage ingame, but was having a bunch of problems with transparency shaders and stuff.  So after spending a silly amount of time trying to research how to do it... I gave up.

Then I worked more on background assets.

[...]

Created the small town to the left of the tower
    Created simple log bridges to go across the rivers
    Added mountains/clouds to the skydome to make the sky more interesting.
    Created textures for the doors on the main platform.
    Looks nice! If the polygon count ends up getting too high, I'm sure you'll be able to shed a ton of polygons by rendering and flattening the mountains. Just look at how Shadow Moses Island does it, for example.

Click for my stuff:

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #393 on: January 31, 2014, 06:54:19 PM »

I spent a bunch of time tinkering with BrawlBox, got the full stage ingame, but was having a bunch of problems with transparency shaders and stuff.  So after spending a silly amount of time trying to research how to do it... I gave up.

Then I worked more on background assets.

Created the small town to the left of the tower
    Created simple log bridges to go across the rivers
    Added mountains/clouds to the skydome to make the sky more interesting.
    Created textures for the doors on the main platform.
    That looks really impressive i can't wait to see the final design Cheesy
    Anyway this is just a suggestion but if you wanted to make the sky look more interesting you could have used the skydome from battlefield as its already animated and would hopefully save some time in the long run assuming it wouldn't give any problems transferring it over

Took me a while to figure out how to stop the texture from being inside out >.< Stupid material cull Tongue

Anywho, finally got a design I'm pretty happy with, here's the full stage:
    Only thing I'm undecided on is that far back right blue stalk... but w/e Tongue

Here's a shot more 'in-game' instead of zoomed out:

Bonus:

This is what I like to call the 'Sea of extra parts' Tongue

Leaves on all the background plants will come soonish, then paratroopers and finally - if I can figure out how to texture it  - I'll import some gold mario coins to spin around while floating next to the Beanstalks Azn

Oh and the clouds... and maybe some leaves that bend when you stand on them Tongue

I'm loving this one as well keep up the good work!
    It makes me so happy that there's more than a handful of stage makers again

LlamaJuice
    Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• Awards Former PMDT Tutorial Writer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #394 on: January 31, 2014, 07:39:10 PM »

@Chuy Thanks Smiley

I looked at the Battlefield background as some form of inspiration when thinking of what I wanted to do for my background, but I was tired of seeing so many stages with reused backgrounds (how many stages use the waterfall or crevice background from SSE?)

This made me want to create something somewhat high quality that would be unique to my stage.

also, I'm glad that the stage scene seems to be picking up (I have an extremely short frame of reference).  There was a solid page or so of just me posting updates haha.  It's nice to have other people's work to look at too Smiley

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #395 on: January 31, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »

I'm loving this one as well keep up the good work!
    It makes me so happy that there's more than a handful of stage makers again

Thanks =] However, I hardly count as a stage maker, all of my creations are pretty much just edits of existing stages or an arrangement of imported objects from other stages. But if someone likes them, then I guess it doesn't matter Tongue

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #396 on: January 31, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »

@Chuy Thanks Smiley

I looked at the Battlefield background as some form of inspiration when thinking of what I wanted to do for my background, but I was tired of seeing so many stages with reused backgrounds (how many stages use the waterfall or crevice background from SSE?)

This made me want to create something somewhat high quality that would be unique to my stage.

also, I'm glad that the stage scene seems to be picking up (I have an extremely short frame of reference).  There was a solid page or so of just me posting updates haha.  It's nice to have other people's work to look at too Smiley
    You sir just gained more respect in my book for that statement for being original as i do agree there are alot of unoriginal bg swaps in the vault however i didn't think that battlefield`s background had become popular to swap which is why i recommended it to using it.
    Granted though i haven't gotten to good a look at brawlvault in a long time.

Thanks =] However, I hardly count as a stage maker, all of my creations are pretty much just edits of existing stages or an arrangement of imported objects from other stages. But if someone likes them, then I guess it doesn't matter Tongue
    Take it as you will but the stage has great potential in it and i really do look forward to the final product

LlamaJuice
    Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #397 on: February 01, 2014, 03:56:03 PM »

Made red "Babi Lighthouse", redid the side towers, recolored the floating circle platforms, Optimized everything, redid all of the mountains, Optimized everything some more.

I also added/moved some clouds.

I'm currently at 49,880 triangles.  Just for you Eternal Yoshi.

iwantgames
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #398 on: February 01, 2014, 04:11:42 PM »

Made red "Babi Lighthouse", redid the side towers, recolored the floating circle platforms, Optimized everything, redid all of the mountains, Optimized everything some more.

I also added/moved some clouds.

I'm currently at 49,880 triangles.  Just for you Eternal Yoshi.
    this looks amazing, can't wait til it's finished

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
    Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
    Discord: Iwantgames

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #399 on: February 01, 2014, 05:14:46 PM »

idk how it'll look in-game if you use some sort of fog, but the red house stands a bit too much out to me...

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #400 on: February 01, 2014, 05:30:20 PM »

idk how it'll look in-game if you use some sort of fog, but the red house stands a bit too much out to me...
    nothing like a bit of fog cant fix :p

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

LlamaJuice
    Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #401 on: February 02, 2014, 03:42:16 AM »

Played a lot with the engine today trying to figure stuff out.

I for the life of me can't figure out transparencies, animated textures, or an easy way to do lighting/fog that doesn't involve launching brawl each time to see my changes so that makes things a bit ugly at the moment. #Noob

Also, I started playing with trying to figure out how I'm going to light the lighthouse and introduce this stage's gimmick.... haven't split the mesh apart yet, but I did this instead.

Preview video of my mockup of the animation in Maya.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5l81GDHm8U" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5l81GDHm8U</a>

Also, realized that I'm the only person who doesn't spoiler tag all of my images.  I'll stop being rude now.

@jjookkeekkiidd, I'm not too sure about the red yet either.  It's easy enough to fix though that I'm not too worried about it just yet.  I wanted to go for a color similar to what's in the game's overworld map.  I assumed the fog would fix it as well.  I'm just bad with fog/lighting in this engine though right now haha.

Here's the overworld from Golden Sun for comparison.
    « Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:58:58 AM by LlamaJuice » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #402 on: February 02, 2014, 05:16:53 AM »

Hmm...

First off in order to do transparency, you need the texture to be transparent (as in a checkered background in photoshop/gimp, not a black background) and to save it as a .png.

When you get it in there, you need to make the format either CMPR or RGBA8(For semi transparency)

Also for materials that have textures you want transparent, you need to edit the highlighted part of the material that the clouds/whatever you want transparent use.

Also right click the Mdl0 block and make a new Shader for the transparent parts to use. Here's an example of a Shader ready for transparency usage.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bwv1862u8nn1do6/ShaderTrans

Don't worry about the name; just use the newest Brawlbox to replace the new shader you made with this.

Lastly, make sure that your transparent materials are using the Shader by checking this setting:

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #403 on: February 02, 2014, 11:06:17 AM »

Played a lot with the engine today trying to figure stuff out.

I for the life of me can't figure out transparencies, animated textures, or an easy way to do lighting/fog that doesn't involve launching brawl each time to see my changes so that makes things a bit ugly at the moment. #Noob

Also, I started playing with trying to figure out how I'm going to light the lighthouse and introduce this stage's gimmick.... haven't split the mesh apart yet, but I did this instead.

Preview video of my mockup of the animation in Maya.

Also, realized that I'm the only person who doesn't spoiler tag all of my images.  I'll stop being rude now.

@jjookkeekkiidd, I'm not too sure about the red yet either.  It's easy enough to fix though that I'm not too worried about it just yet.  I wanted to go for a color similar to what's in the game's overworld map.  I assumed the fog would fix it as well.  I'm just bad with fog/lighting in this engine though right now haha.

Here's the overworld from Golden Sun for comparison.
    looks nice so far, but i did tell ya that i'd help ya on the stage :p

So if u beed help, then im here to do it for ya!
    « Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:09:34 AM by 悪魔スレイヤーX8 » Logged

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #404 on: February 02, 2014, 12:18:34 PM »

tristrip the hell out of it and you've got my download

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Pages:  1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 60
    Print
    Jump to: