Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question about giving articles from one character to another  (Read 2437 times)
cahrazyman
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 04, 2013, 05:22:36 PM »

So I'm still fairly new at modding brawl but I have managed to do a couple things here and there. My problem is that I am trying to give MK, snake's grenades and I'm not really sure how to do that since MK has no articles and I have only found tutorials showing how to swap articles but never give articles to someone who doesn't have any.

So my question is: is it possible to give MK snakes grenades (specifically making them spawn while MK does his neutral B), and if it is possible is there any tutorials that I can be directed to to help me or can someone help me in some way if there are no tutorials on this sort of thing.

Thanks

ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:43:16 PM »

You can't add articles... At least not that I'm aware of.

cahrazyman
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 09:18:28 PM »

If that is true then how are completely new characters made with a new moveset and their own articles?

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 12:26:21 AM »

We don't use new articles, we replace them. But another alternative that may work would be to create an External GFX.

cahrazyman
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 04:49:29 PM »

I will look into that and see how it goes. Thanks alot

Sly64
    Advanced Kitten

Try my links.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 10:48:02 AM »

The Mach Tornado is an article.
    Snake would have to be on-screen for what you're doing to work, because the article can only be spawned when the character who owns it has been loaded.
    Meaning: If you could find a way to put Snake's moveset into MK's, while keeping MK's moves, you'd be set.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 11:06:12 AM »

Another thing to take note of is that Snake's grenades are also considered as items. But I don't think you can call them unless Snake is in the match.

cahrazyman
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 08:07:50 PM »

Well I don't think that loading an external graphic because I would like the grenades to have the same effect or similar effect will MK uses his tornado as when snake throws the grenades soo its more than just a graphic. So that's the problem i have been running into. I'm not sure how to give MK the article and even though the grenades are items, they cannot be loaded without snake.

EDIT: instead of making another topic hopefully my other question can be answered here. I was wondering how codes are made for brawl and if there is some sort of tutorial or guide to maybe help me get started in making my own? If that is possible.

Codes as in like the File patch code, or the code to unlock all the characters or change the color of your shield.
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:11:28 PM by cahrazyman » Logged

Sly64
    Advanced Kitten

Try my links.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 08:53:08 AM »

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225238
    This may help.

cahrazyman
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 06:33:10 PM »

That is for putting codes into a .gct and running them. I was wondering how the codes themselves are made that are put into a .gct and than ran.

charatchan
    Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »

Not exactly sure if this will help; and I haven't tried it with MK yet.  BUT this is the strategy I used to give my dual wielding link ganon's sword.

Create a new bone on MK.  Open snake's fitsnake.pac and eport the grenade model and its texture somewhere.  Go back to MK and create a new object and attatch it to the bone you made.  Replace that object with Snake's grenade and put the texture in the texture area.

You will have to go to the object and manually tell it where to load the texture from and what bone it is linked to.  Also you will have to link your new created bone to some other bone (or just use the throw bone).

when you load the character you will see the grenade constantly.  Its a pain in the butt but you will need to go the the grenade bone and set its x, y, and z scale to 0 in EVERY animation (yeah, all of em).

Next you will need to create an animation for when he throws the grenade.  The x, y, z scale will be set back to 1 on this animation.

2 things to note:  1.  the grenades will NOT deal any damage on their own (they aren't snakes grenades, they just LOOK like them).  You will need to manually put in damage with PSA (on the proper bone of course).  2.  They will not behave like snake's grenades.  they will go only where you move the bone to (and will move with the character if you don't set the scales back to 0 after the animation).

I know this isn't exaclty what you are looking for but if you want MK to have grenades then this is the only way I know how to do it.  ^.^

Sorry if that didn't help lol.
    « Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 09:27:53 PM by charatchan » Logged

"Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep" -- Fran Lebowitz

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 09:32:14 PM »

Not exactly sure if this will help; and I haven't tried it with MK yet.  BUT this is the strategy I used to give my dual wielding link ganon's sword.

Create a new bone on MK.  Open snake's fitsnake.pac and eport the grenade model and its texture somewhere.  Go back to MK and create a new object and attatch it to the bone you made.  Replace that object with Snake's grenade and put the texture in the texture area.

You will have to go to the object and manual tell it where to load the texture from and what bone it is linked to.  Also you will have to link your new created bone to some other bone (or just use the throw bone).

when you load the character you will see the grenade constantly.  Its a pain in the butt but you will need to go the the grenade bone and set its x, y, and z scale to 0 in EVERY animation (yeah, all of em).

Next you will need to create an animation for when he throws the grenade.  The x, y, z scale will be set back to 1 on this animation.

2 things to note:  1.  the grenades will NOT deal any damage on their own (they aren't snakes grenades, they just LOOK like them).  You will need to manual put in damage with PSA (on the proper bone of course).  2.  They will not behave like snake's grenades.  they will go only where you move the bone to (and will move with the character if you don't set the scales back to 0 after the animation).

I know this isn't exaclty what you are looking for but if you want MK to have grenades then this is the only way I know how to do it.  ^.^

Sorry if that didn't help lol.

To put what she's saying in a nutshell...

1). Create an External GFX
    2). Animate Bone Used (Throw Bone is best)
    3). Attach External GFX to the same bone with the External GFX Event (11010A00)
    4). Attach Hitbox to the same Bone
    5). Have a Requirement in the special that'll change actions when the Hitbox Hits.

That's what I'd do.

I skimmed it a bit and made it to my liking... lol. Don't worry about Animating the Hitbox though... lol.
    « Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 09:34:44 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: