Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14
Author Topic: Vaanrose Custom Imports: Mewthree out in the Wild  (Read 68887 times)
HowDoISpaceJam
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 10:09:57 PM »

It's also pretty simple to get Brawl and some hacks up and running on Dolphin if you're not opposed to emulation. Makes testing mods a hell of a lot faster, and my computer is a few years old and I can still run Brawl fullscreen with all the trappings and still get 60fps, which is nice.

Vaanrose
    Hyper Kitten

Moetwo

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker Starstormer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 10:24:13 PM »

Took me a few hours, but I think I got the software set up to run off my usb hdd. Unfortunately, it'll take me a couple days to get the ISO (abysmal internet here), and even unfortunatelyer, I already bought another Wii on eBay. Guess when it gets here I'll just flip it and see if I can make a few extra bucks.

Anyway, until then, Duck Hunt Dog on Wario is on hold, since I can't test the rig, and instead I'll work on a new model, so stay tuned.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 11:28:11 PM »

Took me a few hours, but I think I got the software set up to run off my usb hdd. Unfortunately, it'll take me a couple days to get the ISO (abysmal internet here), and even unfortunatelyer, I already bought another Wii on eBay. Guess when it gets here I'll just flip it and see if I can make a few extra bucks.

Anyway, until then, Duck Hunt Dog on Wario is on hold, since I can't test the rig, and instead I'll work on a new model, so stay tuned.
    Eh, you could keep it in another room.

I have a Wii near my PC. And a Wii in my living room. The other Wii could be used for other games. Plus, most Brawl ISOs can't play cutscenes. So having the new one wouldn't be a bad idea.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 06:52:21 AM »

Also, that loud CD noise isn't actually all that hard to fix.

It causes so many problems, but it's quite literally a piece of metal riding the top of you Discs, making them unstable. It was the same problem my Wii had. All you need to do is open up your Wii and bend the metal in a different direction. That's it.

If you just order some Triwing screwdrivers off the internet, you can have it done within an hour, really.

Getting ISOs for games you already own will be easy once you get something that can read a CD. I think USB Loader GX has an "install" button, and then there's CleanRip which does the same thing. They both rip games to .WBFS, so you'll need Wii Game Manager to convert them to ISO. Once you do, using them in Dolphin is easy too.

Edit:

And can't you test your rig in BrawlBox or Maya? And if you seriously need to test it ingame, you can just ask someone to do it for you. It's not like they'll run off with it or claim it as their own.
    « Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 06:55:14 AM by Spex130 » Logged

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 07:38:36 AM »

Just get a USB stick and a Brawl ISO. You can set up USB loaders on the Wii so that it reads games from a USB stick instead of a disc drive.

Doesn't really help if your Wii's disc drive is dead, since it has to read your game discs to install them onto your USB devices.

Anyway, you can use the File Patch Code with the Dolphin Emulator, if you have the proper programs at your disposal.  On my end, pretty much all the snapshots that I take now come from the Dolphin Emulator, since their quality is a lot better there than what you can ever get in-game; 1600x900 pixel .png images, instead of 640x480 pixel .jpg images.

However, I have had problems with Olimar whenever I use the Dolphin Emulator.
    « Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:40:14 AM by mnsg » Logged

HowDoISpaceJam
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 08:15:38 AM »

However, I have had problems with Olimar whenever I use the Dolphin Emulator.

Yeah, for me at least Snake and Olimar will sometimes crash the emulator when you (not the CPU) win the fight as them. Not sure why. Brawl Minus actually seemed to lower how often this happened for me, while Project M also made the same problem appear for Charizard and Ivysaur. As far as I know the only way to stop this happening is to actually patch the ISO instead of using Dolphin's use SD card setting.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 11:16:25 AM »

Doesn't really help if your Wii's disc drive is dead, since it has to read your game discs to install them onto your USB devices.
    It's called getting an ISO Im srs here

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Vaanrose
    Hyper Kitten

Moetwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 11:46:03 AM »

I can test the rig just fine in BB, but my past models haven't always translated perfectly right away. I'd ask others to help test it if it wasn't for the fact I tend to go back and forth between the computer and wii a dozen times.

I did look up the stuff about the Wii disc drive and it's faulty retention clip. It is an easy fix, and I had to do something similar when my PS2 stopped reading discs. I'm still planning on trying to fix it, too, but I found an auction on ebay for a Wii in good condition for 40 bucks ending within minutes of my search, so I wasn't going to pass that up just on the chance I could get my Wii working again.

So I did spend a little bit of time on DHD over Wario. Here he is with the new proportions. Still need to model the mouth.

As I opened up a new scene and began working on a new character model, I had this kinda weird idea. I knew it would be an easy model, so I threw it together before the idea slipped away.

Who is associated with the color purple and a backwards letter "L?"

It's not Waluigi

€ð’ð¤ð¶ÿðÈðÚðìðþññ"ñ4ñFÿñXñjñ|ñŽñ ñ²ñÄñÖÿñèñúò òò0òBòTòfÿòxòŠòœò®òÀòÒòäòöÿóóó,ó>óPóbótó†ÿó˜óªó¼óÎóàóòôôÿô(ô:ôLô^ôpô‚ô”ô¦ÿô¸ôÊôÜôîõ õõ$õ6þõHeZG¥í+µ3W; ?Cj KOS²W[s cªg k!o"s#ªw${&G)‡*«‹,-“/—‰U1Ÿ2£4§5«U7¯8³9·:»U;¿<Ã=Ç>GVBÓC×DÖßG«ãIçJëKïÿ: HÏçƒAƒ½™#   ˜&u÷½g*  …!¹ ó"_„è‘(õXLŐ÷¿O"ˆ N‚&ù$ ¸Ô úX¢&Í ‡¼¼(¤!U[¾ ³
    It's MissingNO
    « Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:43:30 PM by Vaanrose » Logged

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 03:00:02 PM »

Who is associated with the color purple and a backwards letter "L?"

It's not Waluigi

My reaction to this was as follows:

Waluigi? 8D
    I hate you.
    I love you.

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »

That MissingNO got me 100 Master Balls. Awesome Face

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Vaanrose
    Hyper Kitten

Moetwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 08:48:43 PM »

Mmmkay here's a preview of what I'm really working on.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 08:51:03 PM »

I have no clue who it is, but it's looking awesome so far Awesome Face

Vaanrose
    Hyper Kitten

Moetwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: March 31, 2013, 08:56:40 PM »

He doesn't have any of his defining features yet, so I figured he'd be unrecognizable. Plus on top of that he's obscure.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »

He does ring a bell, but I don't know who he is.

Vaanrose
    Hyper Kitten

Moetwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: March 31, 2013, 09:03:59 PM »

Takamaru, from Nazo no Murasame. Japan only NES game. He's one of the more commonly requested characters for Smash U, and since he got one of the Nintendo Land mini-games named after him, who knows what could be going on with him behind the scenes.

But I figure, everybody has to put somebody on Marth eventually. Might as well be a long forgotten NES character.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: