Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help setting up Peach PSA (force fall on parasol after X frames)  (Read 1388 times)
Foxfan12
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 01, 2013, 08:44:57 AM »

Hey, I'm trying to learn this stuff on my own, but I keep hitting roadblocks. How would I set up something in PSA that will force Peach into helpless state after Parasol has been opened X number of frames? I also want to disable the ability to tap up on the control stick to re-open the parasol after Peach enters helpless state once. Can anyone help me with this? So to be clear I want the parasol to activate as normal, have a few frames of floatiness which can be directed as is usual with the parasol, but I want to make the period of floatiness to be finite and to go into a helpless fall.

As far as I know the subaction for helpless is subaction 26 (FallSpecial) on all characters, but I can't seem to link the UP B Action to any Action or Subaction that changes to subaction 26.

If someone also knew how I could edit the frequency of special turnips (non-item ones like stitch-face etc.) that would also be great, but it is less pressing a matter.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:47:59 AM by Foxfan12 » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 08:56:58 AM »

The Action for the Helpless fall for all characters is 10. If you want it to go to the helpless state after a set period of time, add a variable to her Parasol Float SubAction, then in the action where she does that, have a change action event that allows her to go into the helpless state when that variable is reached. Also, if you want her to not be able to pull up her umbrella during the helpless state, I find that the parasol is involved in doing that, so you'd want to remove the parasol article which is Article 0.

I have a tutorial on how to make Special Attacks if it can help...

As for the Turnip thing, That is controlled by Article Floating Points. You can alter them by using the Article Floating Point Editor.

Foxfan12
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:03:01 AM »

The Action for the Helpless fall for all characters is 10. If you want it to go to the helpless state after a set period of time, add a variable to her Parasol Float SubAction, then in the action where she does that, have a change action event that allows her to go into the helpless state when that variable is reached. Also, if you want her to not be able to pull up her umbrella during the helpless state, I find that the parasol is involved in doing that, so you'd want to remove the parasol article which is Article 0.

I have a tutorial on how to make Special Attacks if it can help...

As for the Turnip thing, That is controlled by Article Floating Points. You can alter them by using the Article Floating Point Editor.

I have the Article Floating Point Editor already actually, and I tried looking at it, but all I could find was odds for the item-based "turnips" (Beam Sword, Mr. Saturn, Bob-Omb, et cetera.)

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 09:09:21 AM »

Can't help you there, sorry...

Foxfan12
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 09:28:28 AM »

Ah, thanks anyway. And thanks for the help with the Parasol. We'll see if I don't screw this up.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: