Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Changing from Gecko OS to Riivolution  (Read 1417 times)
Lightstorm
Expert Kitten

Semi-good hacker

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 16, 2013, 07:39:28 PM »

I recently downloaded riivolution so I could use the different sounds that came with some hacks. at first I was confused, but ended up finding the xml at http://rvlution.net/riiv/Ocarina_Codes that allowed to me to use gecko OS codes. I went in-game and found that my hacks were working like regular, but the sounds weren't replaced. I did some rummaging around the tutorials and found Beyond's Riivolution for old gecko users, and used that instead of the xml I mentioned earlier. This time, however, my Nintendo wii started flashing and the loading screen took forever (even though the loading screen WAS changed) and once it finally finished the game froze. After that I switched back to the xml I found. Is there anything I did wrong?

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 12:06:25 AM »

It probably read the BRSAR that 2nd time... maybe you messed up on the SFX importing somewhere... Also be aware of the filesize too.

Lightstorm
    Expert Kitten

Semi-good hacker

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 12:37:57 AM »

well I have the brsar and sawnds in the same place. I got a modern sonic sawnds file and opened up sawnds, and clicked inserted it into the brsar. I tested it with the xml that actually let me play the game and it didn't change anything. Did I forget to do something else or is that it? and whats the file limit, cause I only added 2 voices (both of which I got from the brawl vault that seemed to work for everyone else).

EDIT: I checked the sounds using super sawndz, and found them unchanged, so I guess I put them in wrong. I got rid of the brsar and instead downloaded one where it already had the new sonic voice already put in for me. I opened up sounds and the sounds were changed. I then started brawl with the xml I got and found that the sound was still not replaced. I am about to test to see if the other method works.
    EDIT2: I checked it with the riivoltion for gecko-users and it still froze :/ I've heard around about not having the file replacement code in the gct but I have no idea how to get it back out
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:37:45 PM by Lightstorm » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: