Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: perfect auto-rig guide  (Read 42013 times)
spongeman131
Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #90 on: November 05, 2013, 10:52:10 PM »

Sorry for necro-post but I'm having a really hard time following this due to the wording. From reading the op and subsequent posts I've gathered this as how to perform the method:

1. Import a .dae of the original Brawl model into 3DSMax.

2. Take your imported model and delete all polygons (eg face and eyes) that aren't needed so you only have the body and the rig remaining. Save this as a 3DSMax scene.

3. Take your edited model with matching legs, arms etc... positions and import only the polygons ie vertices into the scene with your rig from the original model.

4. Delete all Skins on your edited imported mesh if any.

5. Select one object of your edited, rigless model and apply an Edit-Mesh modifier to work with incase you screw up.

6. Apply a Skin Wrap modifier to your Edit Mesh modifier.

7. In the parameters window under the Modify tab click the "Add" button underneath the big empty window.

8. Press H.

9. Select the corresponding object from the original Brawl model with the rig and press "Pick". Wait for 3DSMax to finish its stuff.

10. Tick the "Weight all points" checkbox. Wait a bit more.

11. Press the "Convert to Skin" button.

12. Delete Skin Wrap modifier.

13. Repeat for all the objects in your edited model.

Now if we say only had modified one polygon from the original Brawl model and wanted to re-rig it. Would the easiest thing to do be to:

-open the scene with your edited model

-import the original brawl model into the scene

-delete the skin off the object that needs to be re-rigged

-apply the Skin Wrap to that object that needs to be rerigged

-select corresponding object from imported original Brawl model

-continue on following the rest of the guide

If I do this I get an "OutofBounds" exception when trying to import the .dae into BrawlBox, so something is wrong.

Following the guide though how do we get the bones into our model from the original Brawl one? Or do we make those ourselves? I think I may be confused as to the difference between "rigging" and "bones". I made sure to apply all the bones back to the Skin too.
    « Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:02:59 PM by spongeman131 » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #91 on: November 06, 2013, 09:23:15 AM »

this guide is not to edit a brawl model, instead it is to import new models using the brawl rigs to your advantage, if i understood correctly, you are trying to edit a brawl model and re-import it.
    if this is indeed your case, this is not your guide.

spongeman131
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #92 on: November 06, 2013, 09:50:05 AM »

this guide is not to edit a brawl model, instead it is to import new models using the brawl rigs to your advantage, if i understood correctly, you are trying to edit a brawl model and re-import it.
    if this is indeed your case, this is not your guide.

Yes that is indeed the case. I've edited one object from a Brawl Model and I need to import the model but that object needs re-rigging.

Why wouldn't this guide work though?

Thank you.
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:46:59 AM by spongeman131 » Logged

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #93 on: November 06, 2013, 01:32:32 PM »

It should work, since it uses skin wrap. But since you have only on object that needs rigging, you'll only need to apply it to that objects and chose the objects you want to follow. I had a similar tutorial about adding objects using skin wrap. It should be around the tutorial section.

spongeman131
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #94 on: November 06, 2013, 02:54:55 PM »

It should work, since it uses skin wrap. But since you have only on object that needs rigging, you'll only need to apply it to that objects and chose the objects you want to follow.

Looking at your guide I think I found what I was doing wrong. When you import the two models so you have the original rigged one and the one you want to re-rig you want to leave them in the middle of the scene on-top of each other.
    I was moving one away from the other before applying the skin wrap thinking that since the vertices were all in roughly the same spot it would be okay.

Reading your guide though I see the grave error I made.

What would be easiest them is to do a Mesh Select modifier on your edited model.

-Delete the skin on the object you want to re-rig

-import the original Brawl model that is rigged and LEAVE IT IN THE SAME SPOT

-Then go and select the object on your edited model you want to re-rig, apply SkinWrap and follow the subsequent processes to get the skin.

-Take your mesh selection modifier to move your edited model out of the way and make it easier to get rid of the imported model from the scene

-delete imported model

-move your edited and newly re-rigged model back to where it was in the center

Would I also be able to take the edited model, detach the object of the edited mesh from it, import that mesh into a scene with the rigged model, apply the Skin Wrap then detach the object from the original Brawl model and then attach the edited object to the model? Or would what I have above be an easier method?

Good to go. Or is there an easier way to remove all elements of an imported object in a scene in 3DSMax? I think the bones would cause problems wit the Mesh Selection modifier (can't check because I don't have access to my home computer right now).
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:59:59 PM by spongeman131 » Logged

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #95 on: November 06, 2013, 07:30:42 PM »

The way you word your sentences is veeeeeryyy complicated. Just put your model over the rigged one, use skin wrap, then delete what you don't need. Done. I can't really tell if what you said is right or not, since I got confused halfway trough your last explanation, sorry Tongue

spongeman131
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #96 on: November 06, 2013, 10:23:44 PM »

The way you word your sentences is veeeeeryyy complicated. Just put your model over the rigged one, use skin wrap, then delete what you don't need. Done. I can't really tell if what you said is right or not, since I got confused halfway trough your last explanation, sorry Tongue

Sorry it's the part about putting "your model over the rigged one". In order to do that you need both of them in the same scene at the same spot right? In order to have both in the same scene you need to import one into the other. That's what I was trying to ask. Tongue The step-by-step was to show my understanding.

In my case I've edited the body object. So would that mean I need to select all the objects from the original Brawl model for applying the skin wrap? Or would I just need to select the body object from the original Brawl model?
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:50:48 AM by spongeman131 » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #97 on: November 07, 2013, 04:45:28 AM »

you have 2 models.
    1-has a rig (the original brawl model you are importing over)
    2-has no rig (the model you want in the game)

model 1 and 2 need to be perfectly alligned with each other.

spongeman131
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #98 on: November 07, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »

model 1 and 2 need to be perfectly alligned with each other.

If I have only edited the width/thickness of certain parts though of model 1 to give me model 2 they should be aligned though even when I import them into the same scene.

Also with the skin wrap. I'm not actually doing anything to model 2? I'm taking the unrigged object from model 2 (in this case the body), using the Skin Wrap on it, and them adding it to model 1 and deleting the original body object from model 1?
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:25:15 PM by spongeman131 » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #99 on: November 07, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »

you get both model 1 and 2 in your scene.
    add skin wrap modifier to model 2.
    in this modifier, you add all relevant pieces of model 1.
    check all you need to check and save as skin (forgot the names of the buttons, but you should know them).
    NOW you can delete model 1

spongeman131
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #100 on: November 07, 2013, 10:06:51 PM »

you get both model 1 and 2 in your scene.
    add skin wrap modifier to model 2.
    in this modifier, you add all relevant pieces of model 1.
    check all you need to check and save as skin (forgot the names of the buttons, but you should know them).
    NOW you can delete model 1

When you say add Skin Wrap to model 2 (our edited model) you mean add the Skin Wrap to the object that we want to rig right? Otherwise we get that "Instancing not supported by this action" error.

Now when you say "all relevant pieces of model 1" would that just be the body in my case where I have only edited the body object? Or would it still be all the "important" objects of the model that were not deleted in model 1 when we follow your guide in the OP.

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #101 on: November 08, 2013, 01:05:59 PM »

Sponge man, you are using a brawl model as a base? If so, it is most likely already rigged. So only add skin wrap to not rigged models.

spongeman131
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #102 on: November 08, 2013, 11:06:34 PM »

Sponge man, you are using a brawl model as a base? If so, it is most likely already rigged. So only add skin wrap to not rigged models.

I used a brawl model as a base and made some modifications to the body of the model. Now I get model deformations on some of the areas where I made the modifications. I made a help thread here where I've included pictures of my problem.
    I was directed here from my help thread with the reason being that my problem seemed to be that the model I was working on needed to be re-rigged to fix the deformations.

iwantgames
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #103 on: November 26, 2013, 09:13:48 AM »

does this work for or has any tried this over snake. doing deapool from deadpool game over snake. I keep doing it and he freezes everytime on stage selection screen. I done it before on other characters so I know how to do it and that it works, but it's just not working for him.

there is also nothing wrong with the model, I rigged him manually and he worked fine. I want to do auto because my rig got corrupted and I don't want to do all that over again right now. just wanted a fast and good solution and I know auto rigging is a good one.

help me plz

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
    Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
    Discord: Iwantgames

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #104 on: November 26, 2013, 10:13:59 AM »

filesize is more of an issue when auto-rigging.
    my liquid snake hack is made with this method.

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
    Print
    Jump to: