Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brawl Hacks and Riivolution  (Read 8073 times)
mtmaster
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 18, 2013, 07:10:48 PM »

So I recently switched to Riivolution to use my Brawl hacks, as I like the idea of being able to alter the sound effects, voices, and videos and such. But I noticed that when I played Brawl + (yes I play that with friends), I noticed that while some codes were obviously working others weren't, or at least it seems that way. I know that when I load up my Brawl hacks in Gecko I am able to have infinite camera panning, extra long replays, the characters are notably faster, tripping is gone, and I am able to wave dash/dash dance just to name a few things. But I noticed that when I loaded up my hacks with Riivolution all of those things disappeared. All the characters seem to move at normal Brawl speed, the camera is back to default, as is the replays, and you can trip and such again. My thing is that why aren't codes like that working, when codes that allow custom stages and music and such are? I'm kind of newbie at Brawl hacking, so maybe its just the way Riivolution works.

So what I want to know is is there a way to make my Brawl hacks loaded up from Riivolution work just like they do in Gecko, as while I like the ability to have different voices and sound effects and such, I also like the mechanics that Brawl + provides that only seem to work to their full extent as far as I know in Gecko. Now I'm not sure if its the Riivolution.gct file that s causing the problems I am speaking of or not, as I have not changed my RSBE01.gct codes at all. So if any one would be so kind as to explain these things to me, and maybe help me understand it better so I can try and fix it that would be great. You can even PM if you'd like if it'd be simpler to explain things to me, but that is only if anyone really wants to.

Please and thank you in advance people Smiley.

Renova

Extreme Kitten

There's one thing a saiyan always keeps..HIS PRIDE

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 09:39:34 PM »

I'm having similar issues.

Linkxp500
Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »

You need the Riivolution "ocarina.xml" and "codehandler.bin" in your riivolution folder on the root of your SD card.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

mtmaster
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 10:27:36 PM »

You need the Riivolution "ocarina.xml" and "codehandler.bin" in your riivolution folder on the root of your SD card.

Excuse me for sounding like an idiot, but is there a specific ocraina.xml and codehandler.bin needed, and are those available here on kc-mm? *probably should have looked before asking that. . .*

Renova

Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 11:12:48 PM »

Check the "Noob" thread (I'm not joking) in the tutorial section for the required riivolution files.

mtmaster
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 11:20:39 PM »

Check the "Noob" thread (I'm not joking) in the tutorial section for the required riivolution files.

I was just looking at that. I actually bought a brand new SD card yesterday, and I am following those instructions to the T. Hopefully the things will work like I want them to.

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 10:10:39 AM »

Well, the xml and bin I got were from the Riivolution home page... I don't know if the Noob thread had the link to it, but yeah, they should be just about the same, since it's been around for a little less than 2 years.

mtmaster
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 10:44:27 AM »

Okay so I have followed all of the instructions for the Riivolution on the N00B guide. When I load up Riivolution I have two pages one page shows File Replacement and it allows me to toggle it on and off, and then I have a second page that has Ocarina and then Codes. The toggle for Ocarina has several modes or something of the like called hooks, I just turned it on to the first one which was V1, and I enabled codes. When I launched it goes to a black screen and just gets stuck there and I have to hard reset my Wii. Would anyone happen to know why its doing that? I'm thinking that it might be one of the XML files as I have two. One that I got from the download link on the N00B guide which is entitled SSBBfiles and then another called Ocarina, both of which are in the riivolution folder on the root of my SD card. The config folder within that also has XML file called RSBE. My intuition is telling me its these multiple XML files, but I'm not entirely sure.

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 12:26:39 PM »

Okay so I have followed all of the instructions for the Riivolution on the N00B guide. When I load up Riivolution I have two pages one page shows File Replacement and it allows me to toggle it on and off, and then I have a second page that has Ocarina and then Codes. The toggle for Ocarina has several modes or something of the like called hooks, I just turned it on to the first one which was V1, and I enabled codes. When I launched it goes to a black screen and just gets stuck there and I have to hard reset my Wii. Would anyone happen to know why its doing that? I'm thinking that it might be one of the XML files as I have two. One that I got from the download link on the N00B guide which is entitled SSBBfiles and then another called Ocarina, both of which are in the riivolution folder on the root of my SD card. The config folder within that also has XML file called RSBE. My intuition is telling me its these multiple XML files, but I'm not entirely sure.

Alright, according to this, I would assume the ONLY thing you might have forgotten was disable the File Patch Code in the GCT.

Seems like everyone forgets to do this... (Don't worry, I've done it, too) Just grab a GCT creator and the txt file for the codes you use, load up the txt enable everything you want but disable any File Patch Codes you see.  You should be all set after that.

mtmaster
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 12:41:31 PM »

Alright, according to this, I would assume the ONLY thing you might have forgotten was disable the File Patch Code in the GCT.

Seems like everyone forgets to do this... (Don't worry, I've done it, too) Just grab a GCT creator and the txt file for the codes you use, load up the txt enable everything you want but disable any File Patch Codes you see.  You should be all set after that.

Is it weird that I don't have a text file? I got my GCT for Brawl + from Smashmods, and if I recall I don't remember it coming with a txt, just gct file.  Does the txt matter, as I have edited codes before with a code editor to add adn remove codes before (adding in codes to allow Pit to act like roy and removing stage freezing), if that is the case then it shouldn't be much of a problem for me.

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »

Is it weird that I don't have a text file? I got my GCT for Brawl + from Smashmods, and if I recall I don't remember it coming with a txt, just gct file.  Does the txt matter, as I have edited codes before with a code editor to add adn remove codes before (adding in codes to allow Pit to act like roy and removing stage freezing), if that is the case then it shouldn't be much of a problem for me.

As long as you can isolate the File Patch Code to disable it, then there shouldn't be any issues.

mtmaster
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »

As long as you can isolate the File Patch Code to disable it, then there shouldn't be any issues.

That didn't seem to work for whatever reason. . . I got rid of the filepatch codes that were on the GCT and still nothing, that is a little weird.

Edit: I am fairly certain that the reason its giving me the black screen is because of the Ocarina.xml and codehandler.bin file that I am using. When I switch back to my other Brawl hacks (I backed up my previous set up) Riivolution and Brawl+ Loads even with the File Patch in the codes. My problem now is figuring out why the camera codes, the character CSS, and other such aren't working when I load up Brawl + with Riivolution. Is this just how Riivolution works or what? On a side note I don't know if it matters or not but the hack of Brawl+ that I downloaded from Smashmods includes a Riivolution.gct file that comes along with the RSBE01.gct and I have no idea what its for or what it does, as my GCT Fusionzer won't let me open it to see what codes it has so I have no idea whether or not I need or not. I am pretty determined to get these to work like I want them to with Riivolution lol.

Edit2: The XML and Code bin that I switched to are beyondriivolution's which allow me to load up Brawl with Riivolution like I said whether or not the file patch code is enabled. But that doesn't explain why all my codes aren't working. I was reading somewhere that I might have to use Brawlbox, but I have no idea what that is or how to use it. . .
    « Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:17:42 PM by mtmaster » Logged

mtmaster
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 10:29:33 AM »

bump?

Renova

Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 10:28:59 PM »

If anyone has the working sd contents with riivolution working, an upload would be amazing.

mtmaster
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »

If anyone has the working sd contents with riivolution working, an upload would be amazing.

That really would be convenient and would save a lot of time lol.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: