Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More Information/Discovery on Menu Files  (Read 4293 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 19, 2013, 11:22:09 AM »

*If this is in the wrong section, please let me know*

During my time away, I decided to look into the Brawl ISO to see if there were any more files that could be edited for a more complete character replacement.

With what's already known combined with what I found, here's what I found so far:

*See the Notes for details*

pf > info > Info_en.brres: Related to character names and franchise icons. [Note #2]

pf > info > portrite > InfFace###.brres: In-game character portrites.

pf > info2 > info_boss_battle_en.pac: In-game character name (Boss Battles Mode). [Notes #3 and #4]

pf > info2 > info_corps_en.pac: In-game character name (All-Star/Classic Mode). [Notes #3 and #4]

pf > info2 > info_en.pac: In-game character name (Multiplayer Mode). [Notes #3 and #4]

pf > info2 > info_homerun_en.pac: In-game character name (Homerun Contest Mode). [Notes #3 and #4]

pf > info2 > info_training_en.pac: In-game character name (Training Mode). [Notes #3 and #4]

pf > menu > adventure > comer_tex > tex_face###.brres: Subspace character portrite.

pf > menu > adventure > selchrcd_common_en.brres: Subspace character portrite + Name.

pf > menu > cmnwindow > challenger > Challenger##.pac ("A new challenger has appeared!" screen. 14 different files for the 14 unlockable characters).

pf > menu > collection > Figure_en.brres: Trophy preview images.

pf > menu > collection > Replay_en.brres: Character icons ( Saved Replays menu).

pf > menu > common > char_bust_tex > MenSelchrFaceB###.brres: Character Selection portrite (Results Screen + Tourney Mode).

pf > menu > common > CharaFaceTex_en.brres: Character portrite + Name (Tourney Mode).

pf > menu > common > StockFace1pTex_en.brres: Possibly the Stock Icon for Subspace.

pf > menu > common > StockFaceTex_en.brres: Stock Icons for Tourney Mode, the Results Screen, or both.

pf > menu > intro > ending > EndingAll##.pac: The "Congratulations" picture for All Star Mode.

pf > menu > intro > ending > EndingSimple##.pac: The "Congratulations" picture for Classic Mode.

pf > menu > intro > enter > chr####.brres: Classic Mode vs Screen.

pf > menu > main > MenuMain_en.pac: TextureData[10] contains the preview images for the .thp videos (How to Play, Subspace, etc). TextureData[11] contains the character icons for the Records area. TextureData[12] contains the character franshise icons. [Note #5]

pf > menu > selcharacter > char_bust_tex_lz77.pac: Related to the character selection screen icons. [Note #1]

pf > menu > selcharacter > multi_en.brres: Related to the character names. [Note #1]

pf > menu > single > event_list_en.brres: Event Mode icons for both Events and Characters. [Note #6]

pf > menu > tournament > TourGame_en.brres: Character name for Tournament Mode.

pf > menu > wifi > wifi_friend_list_en.brres: Wifi profile icons.

pf > menu > wifi > wifi_watch_en.brres: Franchise icons and character names (Spectator Mode).

pf > menu2 > if_adv_mngr_en.pac: Character stock icon and in-game name for Subspace.

pf > menu2 > mu_menumain_en.pac: The superior file over MenuMain_en.pac [Note #5]

pf > menu2 > sc_adv_seal_en.pac: Character portrite and name for the Sticker Equip screen in Subspace.

pf > menu2 > sc_title_en.pac: Contains the character images used in the cutscene after defeating Tabuu in Subspace.

pf > menu2 > sc_sel_event_en.pac: Event preview icons and character portrites. [Note #6]

pf > stage > melee > STGRESULT_en.pac: Possibly Character Stock icons for the Results Screen (Multiplayer Mode). MiscData[110] contains the franchise icons.

pf > system > common5_en.pac: Character portrites, selection icons, Stage selection stock icons, and names on the Character Selection Screen (All modes, except Subspace).

Notes:

Note #1: Edits are not noticed, most likely being due to the Brawl developers making common5_en.pac be the superior file.

Note #2: Edits are not noticed, most likely being due to the Brawl developers making Info_en.pac be the superior file.

Note #3: There are two files for each of these files, but are named differently (Example: Info_en.pac and Info_mg_en.pac). Both files have the same contents, but the mg files are larger in file size.

Note #4: Both duplicate files must be modified in order to have your character's name to be in-game for Classic, All-Star, Boss Battles, Target Smash, Event, Multi-Man Brawl, Homerun Contest, Training, and Multiplayer modes. Otherwise, your character's name will not appear in certain modes.

Note #5: mu_menumain_en.pac is the superior file over MenuMain_en.pac. Editing MenuMain_en.pac seems to have no effect in-game.

Note #6: sc_sel_event_en.pac is the superior file over event_list_en.brres. Editing event_list_en.brres seems to have no effect in-game.

If one edits the current files in my findings, then everything except the Results Screen character name and the character name for the Replay menu, the Event Mode selection menu, and the Records section will be edited.

I hope this will help users further complete their character replacements.

Also, feel free to share what any of you have found as well.
    « Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:52:08 AM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 11:48:14 AM »

Result Screen character logos are on the STGRESULT file, and somewhere else I forgot:

pf > stage > melee > STGRESULT_en.pac->2->MiscData[110]. Not sure if you mentioned this one up there.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 11:51:26 AM »

Result Screen character logos are on the STGRESULT file, and somewhere else I forgot:

pf > stage > melee > STGRESULT_en.pac->2->MiscData[110]. Not sure if you mentioned this one up there.
    I did not mention that. I'll add it to the OP.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 02:26:05 PM »

The info here has been highly useful to me. Thanks a ton.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 02:28:41 PM »

The info here has been highly useful to me. Thanks a ton.
    Glad it helped. Smiley

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 08:57:30 AM »

Glad it helped. Smiley

If ever I said Jigglypuff is lame, I was sorely mistaken.  Im srs here

This is beyond (pun not intended) helpful for me, especially when working with Riivolution to completely replace a character.

Thank you so much for this bit of information. Smiley

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: