Villager Joins the Brawl! -Released!-

Started by SonicBrawler, June 12, 2013, 12:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

July 14, 2014, 12:17:27 AM #435 Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:04:11 AM by secretchaos1
Quote from: Snoopy on July 13, 2014, 07:23:28 AM
bah, i thought i got rid of that months ago...  i may have broken something else in the BX version.  are you using the costumes from the BX folder from the download?  the original issue was with the costume files being stupid.  but if it works with the previous version.... bah.  more testing...

Not sure actually, the costumes I had came from another pack before I upgraded so they might be the cause. I'll switch em out for the ones in the download, run some tests and get back to you on that.

EDIT: Crashes with included costumes too. Seems to happen on my 3rd switch, which also happens to be when I go from the boy to the girl. (I'd start a match, exit, switch costumes, start a match, exit, switch costumes, crash)

that is weird, especially since the newest BrawlEx version doesn't crash on me at all.  i'll try a few more things, but i really don't know why you're having issues, and yet i'm not.

In specific I was switching from the boy with the red 1 shirt to the boy with the fire shirt to the girl with the green stripey shirt. The crash only happens on the menus too, before I actually try loading into a match.
I'm using an 8GB sdhc with the sdhc code, and I'm loading with usbloader if that would have any impact on all of it. Still though, the previous revision doesn't have this problem when I use it. Or at least it doesn't seem to.

Quote from: Snoopy on July 13, 2014, 07:23:28 AM- i tried changing the Arrow's hitbox, but it won't change.  at least not in BrawlBox, i may try using Tabuu for that.
Pit's arrow uses a Floating Point for its base damage.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

July 14, 2014, 01:54:46 PM #439 Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:39:42 PM by secretchaos1
I just found out that I was getting some instability due to the hooktype I was using with my USB setup (apparently OSSleepthread works better than AXNextFrame for USB, and judging by my lack of startup crashes it seems to be the case) so I'm going to retry the newest Villager again in a bit and see what happens.

Edit: Nope, same crash. Maybe I could send you my villager files? I don't think I have anything wrong in the module or fighter config to cause it though.

Didn't mention it, but it crashed for me too when going from the SSS back to the CSS while I was in training mode.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

alright, i got some more stuff changed around, including the Slingshot doing only 3 damage, Up B only lasts 90 frames instead of 150, re-added falling off the edge with the Side B but made it a lot slower so you don't end up killing yourself too much, and made the Final Smash have a massive Shield Damage number so that even if you shield through it you'll come out of it dazed.  i even somehow slowed the bullet down a bit.  for as long as i've played Brawl, i never knew that Pit's Arrow actually did more damage the longer it's held.  or that you could turn around while holding it.

so i've updated the download, but for now it's only the vBrawl version i've updated. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrs16l4w8s6tsuy/VillagerPSAFinal.zip

the reason the BrawlEx one isn't changed is because i've been trying to replicate the freezing issue, but it just won't happen.  so i'll take you up on that offer SecretChaos, if you'd send me your files, then maybe then i can figure out why i'm not seeing the issue.  or anyone that's having freezing issues with the BrawlEx version, really.

July 18, 2014, 02:58:54 PM #442 Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:06:36 PM by secretchaos1
Alright, I'm preparing to go away for a couple weeks but I'll try to .rar up my files right quick for you. I'll just include everything villager related that I'm using.

Edit: Alright, I put in all the villager fighter, brawlex files and the module. Didn't include the cosmetics since they don't really matter https://www.mediafire.com/?0yi1bt8rbq3bbo3

well, i tried again with the BrawlEx version, and after 3 times of BrawlBox corrupting the file, this is what i got.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrs16l4w8s6tsuy/VillagerPSAFinal.zip

if it still freezes, then i can't fix it.  i got it to freeze once or twice, but never in a consistent manner, so i still really couldn't test to see what changes might be causing it.  or it might be at a point where it needs to be remade from the vBrawl version, i don't know.  all i can really say is to just go a tad slower through the menus, since it seems like it's been freezing when you try to go through the menus at Sonic speeds.


anything else i should do before calling this done?  because after re-editing the BrawlEx .pac 4 times and the vBrawl .pac once as well, i'm so ready to do just that.

does this mean wiifit trainer?
i have a new site click here to check it out
http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri

I'll give the updated files a try when I get back home from my vacation. Then I'll let you know what's going on with it. Hopefully it's working now though, I can imagine it's a real pain to keep going back especially when it seems there's nothing wrong.

i'll assume that a few weeks of no one complaining/saying anything means that i'm good to release.

which means,

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205558

i'm officially calling it done.  well, 98% done, but still.  so yeah, enjoy.


if you're wondering what i've been doing for the last few weeks...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


as for what i'll do next.... well, i'm not sure.  i've got a few characters still in a WIP stage that i should finish, but i have an idea for one more PSA i'd like to do.  i'm not too sure about the PSA though, since i know it'll take at least 6 months to finish, because of classes, and i only have about half the moves planned right now.  i suppose if there's enough interest, i could go into detail about it, but yeah.