Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are there any data partitions still intact out there?  (Read 3074 times)
Bigmac909
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 01, 2013, 03:24:37 PM »

I've literally looked everywhere, but part of me doesn't want to report anything in case there's something I'm missing.

I download the NTSC version under the Resources tab on this site, and every time after downloading ~2 gigs, it appears to be done, but says Unexpected End of Archive when I try to access it.

I've looked elsewhere around the web, but they all link to this http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170.

Does anybody have a working link to the partition? Can anybody try the US download under Resources so that I can be sure it's not just me before I report it as a corrupt file? Is it easy enough to extract the files from the ISO?

Anything would be much appreciated!

Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 07:59:51 AM »

And, look at the Resources page on the button next to Brawl Vault's on top of this page, and there, head to the bottom of the page.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 09:03:55 AM »

There is an FAQ for a reason... make good use of it...

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 09:44:06 AM »

And, look at the Resources page on the button next to Brawl Vault's on top of this page, and there, head to the bottom of the page.

I download the NTSC version under the Resources tab on this site

Bigmac909
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 05:15:23 PM »

Yay, one whole person actually read my topic!

Seriously, if you want to move it to help fine, but shouldn't you at least read what I'm asking about to determine if it really belongs under help? I didn't put it there because I suppose I interpreted my question differently. I'll stop there, because I could go on forever about my issues with this site and these forums, but it's not my place and nobody's asking me...

EDIT...except for one thing I have to get off my chest: if that updated n00b guide exists, then why in the world is it the bottom stickied topic, and why the hell is the old and outdated one still up there at all, never mind at the top? But I can't end that rant without admitting I was stupid not to notice said updated guide, regardless of where it was./EDIT

Can anybody actually help me then, and see if that download under the resources tab works before I report it?

Not like it really matters at this point: all of the tutorials I've read fail to mention the much simpler /SSBB template anyways, which I'll probably be using instead since I use Riivolution.

Which reminds me, I'll probably be posting more topics (which definitely will belong in this forum) shortly, about what can be done with which template.
    « Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 05:36:52 PM by Bigmac909 » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 11:52:05 PM »

I have to get off my chest: if that updated n00b guide exists, then why in the world is it the bottom stickied topic, and why the hell is the old and outdated one still up there at all, never mind at the top? But I can't end that rant without admitting I was stupid not to notice said updated guide, regardless of where it was.

It's at the bottom of the stickied topics because nobody has posted there... If one was to post there, it would move back to the top. As for why the old one is there? It covers things that the new one does not. Try actually looking at them.

Can anybody actually help me then, and see if that download under the resources tab works before I report it?

Exactly, what are you downloading from there, the entire thing? I would honestly download the files you need. Having all the other stuff that you would most likely not edit would be a waste of space anyway.

Bigmac909
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 11:53:45 AM »

It's at the bottom of the stickied topics because nobody has posted there... If one was to post there, it would move back to the top. As for why the old one is there? It covers things that the new one does not. Try actually looking at them.

I'm not sure if you're just being sarcastic, or if you legitimately don't understand.

-First of all, more than one version of the same guide should never be active/stickied simultaneously, because it just confuses people.
    -Most of the info in the original guide was general homebrew instruction, which honestly didn't belong in a smash hacking guide anyways. Seriously, it was like 75% information on setting up/maintaining the HBC and Riivo, and there are plenty of other guides all around the web for that stuff. It seriously detracted from the quality of the information that was actually about smash hacking. That's the precious info that needed to stay?
    -If it was really that important to keep that first guide, there are a couple of far superior solutions: 1) Unsticky V1, link to it in V2. 2)Lock V1 and keep it stickied, so that the outdated version doesn't appear above the newer one. Having some organization to the stickied topics in a forum is vital, and right now it's quite frankly a mess. The first, stickied topic on each board should be the latest and most important - that's just common sense.

Exactly, what are you downloading from there, the entire thing? I would honestly download the files you need. Having all the other stuff that you would most likely not edit would be a waste of space anyway.

Since I haven't done this stuff in awhile, I figured it would be much easier to get everything, and delete what i don't end up needing. It's not like I could possibly know which files were used in the file replacement template and which weren't until I played around with it for a bit, and it keeps me from messing up the paths.

Thank you for the serious response here, and I'm still hesitant to report it, but isn't it a problem regardless that the full download doesn't work? Again, this is why I want someone more experienced to try it. Just saying to download less of it/in smaller chunks is avoiding the (potential) problem instead of fixing it.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 07:19:39 PM »

-First of all, more than one version of the same guide should never be active/stickied simultaneously, because it just confuses people.

Will agree on that point there. Why there is 2 guides is beyond me.

-Most of the info in the original guide was general homebrew instruction, which honestly didn't belong in a smash hacking guide anyways. Seriously, it was like 75% information on setting up/maintaining the HBC and Riivo, and there are plenty of other guides all around the web for that stuff. It seriously detracted from the quality of the information that was actually about smash hacking. That's the precious info that needed to stay?

To be honest, You would need HBC and Riivo in order to hack Brawl anyway. I see no problems there.

-If it was really that important to keep that first guide, there are a couple of far superior solutions: 1) Unsticky V1, link to it in V2. 2)Lock V1 and keep it stickied, so that the outdated version doesn't appear above the newer one. Having some organization to the stickied topics in a forum is vital, and right now it's quite frankly a mess. The first, stickied topic on each board should be the latest and most important - that's just common sense.

Might wanna ask the mods/admins on that point... They're the ones stickying these topics...

Thank you for the serious response here, and I'm still hesitant to report it, but isn't it a problem regardless that the full download doesn't work? Again, this is why I want someone more experienced to try it. Just saying to download less of it/in smaller chunks is avoiding the (potential) problem instead of fixing it.

I honestly don't know anyone that would download the ENTIRE Data Partition. Different people specialize in different fields of hacking, and even those All-Rounders have their limits.

Also, why download something you know you won't be using?

If you still want to download that entire thing, and it doesn't work, then you may wanna ask here to have the problem resolved.
    « Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:21:42 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 07:30:46 PM »

We can't discuss torrents here, but I can do this:
    http://bit.ly/14u5c0Q

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 12:52:06 AM »

hmm KK-MM doesn't support piracy (downloading the game completely so you don't need to buy it). however if you need particular files from the ISO for a base of a project CHECK those stickied threads in the help section... one of them i made to reupload the partitions of any broken/missing links.

Q~Q no one ever see's that post </3

alternatively you can create your own, this is the method i use:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32279

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 07:55:15 AM »

My bad, didn't read the whole thing. My sole intention was to move the thread to the corresponding section, but since I read between the lines: "everything leads to this *mediafire link*".

Anyways, BigMac, there is a Sky Drive partition uploaded as a substitute to the Dropbox one. If you are still in need of this, I could find the link. Also, downloading from the Dropbox one by pieces can be a solution, too.

Seriously, if you want to move it to help fine, but shouldn't you at least read what I'm asking about to determine if it really belongs under help? I didn't put it there because I suppose I interpreted my question differently. I'll stop there, because I could go on forever about my issues with this site and these forums, but it's not my place and nobody's asking me...
    Questions rarely belong in "General Hacking Discussion". I don't need to read the specific problem to know that your thread didn't belong in "General Hacking Discussion", so save the bickering.
    « Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:45:10 AM by Albafika » Logged

Tryst
    Expert Kitten

I'd like to stay but I gotta juice!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 09:00:46 AM »

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p01chjw1j1k4zuz/AqQxXnviM%C2%ADp :3

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: