Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to make a custom Kirby Hat with Wind/Gravity/Jiggle Physics  (Read 1865 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 23, 2013, 11:08:31 AM »

You see this Kirby Hat here?

Wanna know how you can make something like this yourself?

Well you came to the right person! Here's what you need to do...

Note: To my understanding, this will only work for the following Kirby Hats:
    -Fox.
    -Ike.
    -Link.
    -Lucario.
    -Marth.
    -Pikachu.
    -Ivysaur.
    -Squirtle.
    -Sheik.
    -Sonic.
    -Zero Suit Samus.
    -Toon Link.
    -Wario.
    -Wolf.
    -Zelda.
    It might work for Snake, Jigglypuff, and Olimar as well. But I can't be too sure, since their Kirby Hat models are merged with Kirby, rather than just being a hat.

For this Tutorial, I'll be assuming either long hair, or a long tail.

1.) Open FitKirbySZeroSuit00.pac in BrawlBox.

2.) Export the Havok-4.0.0-r1 to somewhere you'll remember.

3.) Go to the last ModelData[0], and export the WpnKirbySZeroSuitHair model as a .dae file. Exporting the Textures is optional. You may close out of FitKirbySZeroSuit00.pac now, if you like.

4.) Now open your FitKirby*Character*00.pac in BrawlBox, and export the hat model as a .dae as well. Again, exporting the Textures is optional. You can either leave the file open, or close it.

5.) Follow Step 2 of Gamma's Kirby Hat Tutorial for importing into 3DS Max. But don't add the Skin Modifier yet. You may also have to do some model editing.

6a.) If you have two models for your hat (Ex: A hat and a tail): After you have your hat positioned onto Kirby, go ahead and manually move the Pony01N bone to about the base of the tail. You may have to rotate the bone as well.

6b.) If you have one model for your hat (Ex: Long hair): After you have your hat positioned onto Kirby, go ahead and manually move the Pony01N bone to about the base of the hair. You may have to rotate the bone as well.

7.) Once you have that bone in position, go ahead and do the same with the Pony02N, Pony03N, Pony04N, and Pony05N bones. But since these bones are child bones, you'll have to position one bone, before going onto the next. Ex: Position Pony02N before positioning Pony03N.

Example Picture:

8.) You can begin your rigging now. Add the Skin Modifier to both the hat and the tail.
    8a.) Add only the TopN and CenterN bones to the hat. Then rig the hat to TopN, then CenterN.

9.) Add all the bones to the tail. Rig the tail to the TopN and CenterN first before you begin to rig the rest.
    9a.) Just like with bone positioning, you have to rig the hair bones in order (Pony01N, Pony02N, Pony03N, etc).

10.) After you're done rigging, go ahead and Export as a .dae file.

11.) If you don't still have your FitKirby*Character*00.pac open, then open it back up, delete the existing hat model and Textures, then import your exported hat, along with your custom hat's Textures.
    Note: You can follow Step 3 of Gamma's Guide for help with importing.

12.) Preview your model to make sure you did everything right.
    Note: Make sure the TopN bone has a scale of 1.

13.) Replace the Havok-4.0.0-r1 with the one you exported.

14.) Save, put the edited file into your Kirby folder, and test in-game. If it works, then congrats. But if it crashed/looks odd/didn't work, then go back, and find out what you did wrong.

I hope this Tutorial will help people with making specific hats for specific PSA characters. If you get stuck, or don't understand something, then feel free to state what you're stuck with and/or don't understand.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 01:38:25 AM »

so the Havok-4.0.0-r1 in the kirby hat's make the wind,gravity,jiggle Physics if you rig the model right?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 08:39:22 AM »

so the Havok-4.0.0-r1 in the kirby hat's make the wind,gravity,jiggle Physics if you rig the model right?
    Yes.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: