Rosalina Version V3 aka complete rosalina released

Started by Allbait, March 07, 2010, 04:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I think should maker her natural B move reflect projectiles  :kdance:

I think her upB should be something like she puts her arms back and she kind glows as the stars lift her up and the stars can delicatly bring her to the ground :)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i think she should have a heavy jump for her upB, something like DeDeDe. She would leave a puff of smoke under her legs and just... JUMP! Nothing has to happen when she lands either (but if you're gonna give her the jump, mite as well give her the attack that comes after it too).
"If the illogical is rational enough, we can probably achieve the impossible."
                      ~sincerely yours, Garnett J. Frederick


Quote from: Orphan on June 04, 2010, 12:00:58 PM
she is not heavy :D
Yes she is, due to long time exposure to zero gravity. That is why she is a heavy character in Mario Kart Wii.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

I think it's due to the fact that she is taller due to the exposure to zero gravity. And they couldn't put her any where else in MKW

So on my SD card, I put the Peach files in the ssbb folder for riivolution, but where do I put the System files?


I'm I the only one to notice that her Dair does a grand total of 39% DAMAGE!?
I love the spike to it and sometimes the possible combo set up, but it needs to be more balanced, like doing a total damage between 6-12%.

I fixed the download! So yeah now its the REAL v3... Most of her moves are combo moves and her kill moves... well they can kill a lot.

I think she is pretty balanced... I use Brawl+ and she seems to be working well... But if someone thinks she is too unresistant please post here! I want to know what you all think  :)

Yeah and in the balanced version D-air does 2-6 N-air does 2-8 U-air does 3-4 B-air does 4-5 and F-air does 15...

U-smash does around 30 with charge and so does F-smash but D smash can only do around 10...its a defensive move.

F-tilt does around 10 D-tilt does 5 and U-tilt does around 8

Dash does 4-8

N-B does 13 S-B does 8 D-B varies a lot and U-B does I'm not sure...


Her aerials are extremely useful to combo with but not kill attacks unless its the F-air... Her D-smash isn't a kill move but can be used to edge guard like the D-tilt. The D-air has a weak spike that is only useful on characters that suck at jumping. Her U-smash is her best kill move but short characters don't get hit by it on the ground. Rosalina has a OK speed and a pretty good recovery but she is unresistant (maybe too much you guys decide so I can fix that part)..

So yeah... Didn't change much at all... Just balanced...

And sorry about releasing the wrong file before! :kdance:

Anyone who downloaded it can re-download it now from where you got the last one!

Moderators if you want you can reset the hack in my vault for rosalina back to 0 since everyone has to re-download it.

Enjoy!
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

all right, can't wait to try it!
>>eh, what do you want?

>> I WANT LOTSA SPAGHETTI!

July 25, 2010, 12:30:53 AM #86 Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:32:14 AM by mariofan1138
Idea for an Up-B move:

Rosalina uses magic to surround herself in a bubble like shield. Think of Super Mario Galaxy, when Mario falls off of the Observatory, and floats back up. She could also have that rainbow afterglow that trails Mario when he falls off.
Pretty much, she puts her hands and wand out, and floats upward, Wizard of Oz style (if you remember the good witch from the beginning of the movie, when she floats down to Dorothy).

As for mobility, you should be able to move around horizontally at a slow-to-moderate speed, as she floats upwards. Think of how Snake's Up-B is.

The bubble would only look like a shield however, and she could easily be attacked when moving up. After she reaches the end of the move, she could go into the idle state already made, where she gently floats downwards with her wand (operating similar to Peach's umbrella). If the Up-B is used on a character, the beginning of the move would have a hitbox, as the bubble is formed.

That's my two cents, please comment if you like, dislike, or see potential additions onto this idea.

Hey, just wanted to say this looks great, but something's wrong with the Mediafire link.  Whenever I click "Click here to download", nothing happens.  Other items on Mediafire work great.  Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is the link bad?

I don't if anyone noticed, but whenever Rosalina is hit while using an attack that uses her umbrella the umbrella stays in her hand until she completes another attack using an umbrella. It doesn't affect gameplay or cause any side-effects though, and it could be because I'm using your moveset with KAZECoyote's vertex hack of Rosalina.

Anyway, great job on this moveset for Rosalina. I really love how you moved her away from Peach's standard set while at the same time maintaining balance. Looking forward to future updates.

Real men use Peach

(Sorry for the double post).

I seemed to have noticed another problem with your Rosalina, and this one happens to be a more serious one. Apparently whenever I play as her (and I'm sure it applies to CPUs as well) the game will freeze after playing a match for a while. I didn't have this problem with the last version of your moveset so I thought it was something in this new update. Do you (or anyone else) have any idea as to why this happens? Just so we're clear on this situation, I use Standard Brawl (no hacks) with Riivolution.

Real men use Peach