Rosalina Version V3 aka complete rosalina released

Started by Allbait, March 07, 2010, 04:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nice! a Rosalina moveset sounds great! I dont suppose its possible to use the star in her attacks? Kinda like a GFX effect instead of a projectile. You could have a few of her attacks use a star to hit opponents. Like swinging it around her body or something (could be Neutral aerial?) or have her foward tilt or so be her swinging a star in front of her.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Version 2 is released! and no I don't have pics :P
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

I like Rosalina so you get some feedback:

Please remove the umbrella. Perhaps you could make only the stick of it with a star on top. That's what she has originally.
Up B should not be an umbrellar. Make the gliding animation as if you hold the jump button. Than let her going upwards and gliding as she does now.
It's a verry good idea if you make the umbrellar only as a stick. Perhaps she could hold it all the time.
Really nice normal attacks.

Your common3.pac freezes game if I put it into System folder. Do you have one for PAL?

Quote from: Mr.N on March 12, 2010, 02:41:21 PM
I like Rosalina so you get some feedback:

Please remove the umbrella. Perhaps you could make only the stick of it with a star on top. That's what she has originally.
Up B should not be an umbrellar. Make the gliding animation as if you hold the jump button. Than let her going upwards and gliding as she does now.
It's a verry good idea if you make the umbrellar only as a stick. Perhaps she could hold it all the time.
Really nice normal attacks.

Your common3.pac freezes game if I put it into System folder. Do you have one for PAL?

O sorry the common 3 isn't by me its by lensho so you should ask him...
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

Just a suggestion but I have her pulling out a warp star and riding it. No different than the umbrella aside from the way the animation looks.

I tried to make the wand and I failed... If someone could make a vertex for her umbrella to become a wand like this:

Except bigger then I could go right ahead and finish version 3  :kdance:
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

I LOVE ROSALINA.
And coming from a Peach main, I'm happy to have her in my roster instead :D

Some Suggestions, if I may:

Neutral B is really useless D:
I feel like it should reflect projectiles or counter or something useful, preferrably the former. It's basically just the old nair with a larger hitbox.

Speaking of Nair, this new one raises Rosalina in the air a good bit, and can be spammed for infinite recovery, which is reallllllllly broken. Perhaps you could make her nair do exactly what her current Neutral B does, and give her an entirely new Neutral B
....Or just lose the height gain it causes.

Side B is my favourite, however, I feel like it's a bit overpowerd when spammed. Maybe reduce the speed at which you can fire them off?
Also I've noticed that if you use it while dashing towards the edge, she does a sort of glide off of the edge and keeps moving outward for as long as youre throwing stars. Upon stopping, you'll immediately teleport back to the edge of the stage. This might be broken, but it's really fun for mindgames :P

Down B seems really inferior to Side B. Not sure what to suggest here.

Up B on rosalina just seems kinda dull, though I understand if you don't want her to have a completely new moveset.

Keep up the beautiful work :D

Well, I was GOING to say what pearbear said... but pearbear beat me to it.

If you can fix these things as s/he suggested, I'll be comfortable with having Rosalina in my roster as a fair character. She will be the second "fair" character to make it to my roster (Cloud, though overpowered, is the first).
"If the illogical is rational enough, we can probably achieve the impossible."
                      ~sincerely yours, Garnett J. Frederick

@flurryous

I find that the newest more balanced version of Avatar (over ness) is pretty fair and blends well in my game. Just saying :D


wow, a awesome Psa got banged by newbiez
here's some advice
BE HAPPY, CAUSE YOU CAN'T DO NOOOO BETTER
there you go.

Quote from: Alses on March 13, 2010, 05:47:31 PM
I tried to make the wand and I failed... If someone could make a vertex for her umbrella to become a wand like this:

Except bigger then I could go right ahead and finish version 3  :kdance:
couldn't you just switch the umbrella with d star rod, correct me if im wrong

*sigh...* @songeflemy

I do believe the purpose of having a thread is to be able to appreciate the feedback and suggestions for improvement. Whether or not the creator takes that advice is up to him.

And we're not banging it, we're caressing it. I said it elsewhere and I'll say it here too -- I'm already amazed at what these guys can do with the game. It's WAAYY over my head. However, I do know what balance feels like, and I know an overpowered move when I see one. So even if I can't tell him how to do something (as it's not my field of knowledge), I can tell him how it feels in-game (because that IS my field of knowledge).

I assume him, but I'm speaking generally to all creators out there.
"If the illogical is rational enough, we can probably achieve the impossible."
                      ~sincerely yours, Garnett J. Frederick


Quote from: songeflemy on March 16, 2010, 06:39:32 PM
Quote from: Alses on March 13, 2010, 05:47:31 PM
I tried to make the wand and I failed... If someone could make a vertex for her umbrella to become a wand like this:

Except bigger then I could go right ahead and finish version 3  :kdance:
couldn't you just switch the umbrella with d star rod, correct me if im wrong

I'm surprised nobody stated this sooner. Good idea song.

...If you think neutral B is useless, then you're doing her wrong. SERIOUSLY. XD

I find it to work great for combo chasing, KOs, and as a GTFO move. :3