Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?
Yeah, sure.   - 18 (81.8%)
I would give a try. - 3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting. - 0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected. - 1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 21
Author Topic: Mortimer's Thread - Wandering  (Read 143408 times)
Mortimer
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #105 on: March 20, 2014, 12:34:55 PM »

I believe this kind of subject shouldn't be discussed on this thread. You probably should make those questions by pms, just to avoid problems. But I use characters one per battle, always changing, from the ones I like of course.

JarodLH
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #106 on: March 20, 2014, 11:42:37 PM »

I believe this kind of subject shouldn't be discussed on this thread. You probably should make those questions by pms, just to avoid problems. But I use characters one per battle, always changing, from the ones I like of course.

Sorry! Really I am. Well can't wait for the Goat, and great work on Dry Bones!

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #107 on: April 22, 2014, 08:53:34 PM »

Alright, to keep things updated. I should have finished this psa already but I ran into a quite serious problem. For some reason, I can't make the game read any models on fitdededefinal file. I had this problem with rob as well, and I believe it happens because they are originally empty files. Even using another character's file, the game refuses to read it. In other words, I lost a lot of space I already planned to use, and had to re-think some stuff, which delayed me.
    I still have space to do all what I want, but won't be as good as I planned. I don't think I will take too long to finish, but I won't promise any date to avoid problems. 

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #108 on: May 05, 2014, 02:45:49 PM »

Well, first I must apologize because this took a lot longer than I expected. I finally managed to make this preview video. I wanted to post it yesterday, but had several problems with the rendering.

<a href="http://youtu.be/yA7aJyJ8ZN0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/yA7aJyJ8ZN0</a>

Some things here will be changed, like the hit sound of the fs, Luigi's eyes if I manage to fix it somehow, and I'll see if I can change the projectile properties. I also still need to fix a bug where the curry shots don't show up, and change the staff hit sound.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #109 on: May 05, 2014, 03:26:07 PM »

A Dedede PSA?! O_o
    Whoever Baphomet is, I'll download this masterpiece! Oh, and what's the name of the song during the vid? The one where you showcase the moves...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #110 on: May 05, 2014, 05:48:42 PM »

This is...

Quite the interesting PSA.

The animations look quite smooth and fluid in movement and seem quite nice overall.

This is some good nightmare fuel. Tongue

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #111 on: May 06, 2014, 11:54:56 AM »

A Dedede PSA?! O_o
    Whoever Baphomet is, I'll download this masterpiece! Oh, and what's the name of the song during the vid? The one where you showcase the moves...

Thanks.  Smiley But actually I used 3 different musics there, and I don't even know if they have names. They are all from resident evil series. With Captain Douglas, I used the police station basement music from RE2. With Wario, I know it plays in the clock tower while messing with clocks in the wall in RE3. With Link, is the vacant factory theme from RE2 also.

This is...

Quite the interesting PSA.

The animations look quite smooth and fluid in movement and seem quite nice overall.

This is some good nightmare fuel. Tongue

Cool  Cool Though I admit I had problems keeping his staff in place, mainly because of the wait1 animation that forced me to relocate the staff in almost every attack. There may be some undersirable frames, but fortunately I think they are not very explicit.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #112 on: May 17, 2014, 11:38:22 AM »

So far in my tests, I didn't find bugs here, except that cpu tends to suicide using the glide move and suck at using the fs.
    What's holding me now is that, for some reason, the hitlag and collision sound during the final smash don't work, and I can't find what is causing the curry shots to not spawn. Does anyone out there have a hint for me about this?

Chimæra
    Mega Kitten

That doesn't sound good.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #113 on: May 25, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »

It looks very good. Where do these crazy ideas come from? I'm talking about the smashes and Baphomet. Dry Bones seems pretty tame but those others...dang! Dry Bones is probably top 5 best PSAs for me. Yes, even better than Viewtiful Joe and all that. I look forward to seeing more!

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #114 on: May 26, 2014, 12:43:57 PM »

It looks very good. Where do these crazy ideas come from? I'm talking about the smashes and Baphomet. Dry Bones seems pretty tame but those others...dang! Dry Bones is probably top 5 best PSAs for me. Yes, even better than Viewtiful Joe and all that. I look forward to seeing more!

Most of them are based on something I've seen before, not necessarily on their respective games. That's not the case of Ike's sword spinning, for example, which I just associated the word "eruption" with the place where magma comes from, and how to get there could be by digging.
    I'm glad you liked mr.boneses. I hope Baphomet don't turn into a disappointment. After I saw I couldn't use the final smash file, I restricted myself a lot in making everything on him to not cross the file size limit, and it ended up quite less demonic than I first planned.  Tongue

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #115 on: July 23, 2014, 12:51:37 PM »

I've just submitted the psa to the vault and I updated the first post with informations about the attacks.
    I warning already that this psa is not bug free. I hated working with Dedede and for sure it was the first and last time I did it. I listed the bugs I found in the download's description. It's nothing that serious, but may annoy someone.
    Also, I tried to change his AI but found that extremely confusing. Therefore, I sent a CPU version, in case you want to fight him, which helps preventing his self-destructs.

Aside the bugs I listed, I still don't know what can happen with him. You can tell me if you find something and hopefully I'll be able to fix it. Just keep in mind the free space left on this psa file is critical and I'm not sure I'll be able to do it.

Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
    Supreme Kitten

I fear no Evil, for I walk the path of the Gods.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #116 on: July 25, 2014, 07:02:27 PM »

I don't get how you do the Alt Attacks.
    I did them, without knowing how I did them. maybe you can Elaberate.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #117 on: July 27, 2014, 10:53:01 AM »

I don't get how you do the Alt Attacks.
    I did them, without knowing how I did them. maybe you can Elaberate.

They just happen randomly. The chance  of that happening is always low because you're not supposed to expect it.

Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
    Supreme Kitten

I fear no Evil, for I walk the path of the Gods.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: July 27, 2014, 11:45:33 AM »

Ah, but, that doesn't make sense.
    Why have them when you don't except them?
    Then you do them, but the opponent is on the other side of the screen and you completely miss your chance to do a really epic move on them.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #119 on: July 27, 2014, 01:52:34 PM »

Well, all those moves are extra things I like doing because I judge the amount of attacks in brawl not enough to define a character, but that's me.
    If I let people use all of them at anytime, even if I weaken them, the character will have by far more possiblities than any other. Mastering it would be tough, but would make him extremely overpowered, probably.
    Besides, before I released Dry Bones, I asked what people would prefer, and no one replied. After I released, I asked twice about any problems related to the psa, besides the polygon stretching bug, and got no answers. So, for me, everything was ok. In Baphomet's case, it's too late anyway, because the file size is already critical and I can't take chances of making such a massive change on the psa.  Tongue

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 21
    Print
    Jump to: