Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?
Yeah, sure.   - 18 (81.8%)
I would give a try. - 3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting. - 0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected. - 1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 21
Author Topic: Mortimer's Thread - Wandering  (Read 142747 times)
JarodLH
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2014, 01:02:22 AM »

Well, if you don't mind questions... Who will the Goat replace? Ganondorf? Also, I know you'll say no, but I've got to ask. Can you... PRETTY PLEASE RELEASE THAT GRAY FOX FINAL SMASH?! I almost cried by how amazing it was. ;_; Lol you get asked that a lot I'm guessing! :p It's just something like that shouldn't just be left to waste. Also sorry if that question wasn't a good one. One last question. For now. Do you make any stages of your own? I saw this metroid level in your 2nd final smash video and it had statues or something of Ridely and others in the background. I cannot find it anywhere.

Carnage
God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #91 on: March 17, 2014, 01:37:32 AM »

yeah i also asked for that gray fox FS alongside bowser FS they are amazing but its up to mortimer to release them or not

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #92 on: March 17, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »

Well I never tried to replace them, but seems our friend Rosetta made it succesful Grin He probably can probably answer that better than I can.
    Haha, thank you for the compliment Laugh Luma is being a real pain in the goat, but Rosalina is just fine. It's actually not that hard to replace Ice Climbers. It's pretty much the same way you PSA other characters. But if you make things complicated, like I do, then it'll be harder. I will most likely never PSA over the Ice Climbers ever again. But if you were really adamant on it, then make sure the models have very similar bone structures, and the animations are similar. I made it hard on myself by choosing a Kirby model instead of asking for it to be rigged over Nana. Eh, but enough about my work.

I have a question about that awesome goat. Is that scene where he has a characters head and spine going to be implemented in some way? Because that'd be awesome Laugh

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #93 on: March 17, 2014, 03:03:18 PM »

I'm making him over King Dedede. But now that you mentioned Gray Fox... like I said, rex is a model attached to him, what means the bone ids will change completely in any character it gets added, as well as the ids of every graphic I used. I can't force people to know how to add models in the correct bone and know how to fix those ids just to have this fs. Well, I can  Evil, but I don't want to.  Angel I'll have to find a way to deal with this.  Roll Eyes
    I'm getting asked since the last two months, actually. That's what made me focus in psas, rather than fs. I can understand that, since I planned to make them for myself only, initially. But thinking again, there was (almost) no reason to not release them. Let me finish this psa and then I can think on something about this fs.
    And no, I never made any stage. I suppose you mean that green cave I used before Bowser's fs. That's one of the oldest stages I downloaded, like 4 years ago. My stage folder says "Sewer", but I doubt that's the name.  Grin Sorry, I don't know the real name of it.
    About Ice Climbers, I was wondering if Nana and Popo share their motion file's size, because it can grant some trouble. Not on your case with Luma, but if you add someone with too many bones.
    I wanted to add that as one of his winning animations, but that's not possible because of the file size limit. If you see in the video, he is with the fs aura, because I had to use his fs file to have enough space to do that.  Smiley I will still use that animation, just not with an impaled head. I still didn't make a single winning animation.  Lips Sealed

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #94 on: March 17, 2014, 03:54:03 PM »

I'm making him over King Dedede. But now that you mentioned Gray Fox... like I said, rex is a model attached to him, what means the bone ids will change completely in any character it gets added, as well as the ids of every graphic I used. I can't force people to know how to add models in the correct bone and know how to fix those ids just to have this fs. Well, I can  Evil, but I don't want to.  Angel I'll have to find a way to deal with this.  Roll Eyes
    I'm getting asked since the last two months, actually. That's what made me focus in psas, rather than fs. I can understand that, since I planned to make them for myself only, initially. But thinking again, there was (almost) no reason to not release them. Let me finish this psa and then I can think on something about this fs.
    And no, I never made any stage. I suppose you mean that green cave I used before Bowser's fs. That's one of the oldest stages I downloaded, like 4 years ago. My stage folder says "Sewer", but I doubt that's the name.  Grin Sorry, I don't know the real name of it.
    About Ice Climbers, I was wondering if Nana and Popo share their motion file's size, because it can grant some trouble. Not on your case with Luma, but if you add someone with too many bones.
    I wanted to add that as one of his winning animations, but that's not possible because of the file size limit. If you see in the video, he is with the fs aura, because I had to use his fs file to have enough space to do that.  Smiley I will still use that animation, just not with an impaled head. I still didn't make a single winning animation.  Lips Sealed
    why do you need to teach ppl to port your FSs? just release like gray fox psa with diferent FSs and Bowser with original FS and so on anyone that wants to port the FS has to study the codding by themselves same for importing gfx, objects imports and merge models.

JarodLH
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #95 on: March 17, 2014, 04:18:32 PM »

Thanks for answering my questions. Smiley About the goat, I currently have Gray Fox on Dedede, but I'll move him to someone else. I'm pretty sure the Goat will be worth having considering you make some great stuff. Where were you at the beginning of brawl hacking? :p Also, how did you get so good at it? One more thing, I am a fan of your work and I hope you make hacks for SSB4 if possible too. XD

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #96 on: March 17, 2014, 08:42:17 PM »

why do you need to teach ppl to port your FSs? just release like gray fox psa with diferent FSs and Bowser with original FS and so on anyone that wants to port the FS has to study the codding by themselves same for importing gfx, objects imports and merge models.
    Of course. That's not what I meant. Bowser is fine, but I mean specifically gray fox is a problem because that psa is not mine, so I need permission to re-upload the psa with those changes. Either that or, indeed, teach people how to port it. And even worse, that's an outdated version of gray fox. Those are the times I wish brawlbox could export and replace subactions.

Thanks for answering my questions. Smiley About the goat, I currently have Gray Fox on Dedede, but I'll move him to someone else. I'm pretty sure the Goat will be worth having considering you make some great stuff. Where were you at the beginning of brawl hacking? :p Also, how did you get so good at it? One more thing, I am a fan of your work and I hope you make hacks for SSB4 if possible too. XD
    I thank you for your trust in my work. Hope you don't get disappointed.  Smiley
    Honestly? When Brawl was released I kept saying to myself I would never play this game because it had too few characters I knew. I didn't know anything about a third of the characters, and another third I just didn't like. In 2010, I decided to finally try it out, since people were going crazy and fanatic for this game. I started playing the subpace emissary and liked of what I saw. It didn't take much to realize before knowing of BrawlVault's existence the game had several problems of balacing concerning the original characters. Soon, I started balacing them to my likings. After that, I saw people releasing pretty simple psas with just added effects to the original attacks, and I found that awesome.  Smiley When I started seeing taunt activated modes, I realized what could be done with game. I downloaded hundreds of psas, copying every cool attack I found to my balanced characters. Then, I started copying final smashes to make the characters more interesting, but them I saw not every character had a second fs, and I started doing them for those characters. So yeah, I've been doing those things since the beggining of 2011, more or less. I learned everything by myself, mostly. Most of my questions were not replied when I needed help because no one knew what to do.  Laugh
    And brawlbox was a lot less powerful than what it is now. We couldn't do a lot of things.
    Aside from that, I was absolutely sick of psas that have a lucario beam or a huge explosion as the final smash. You have no idea how many of those there is on the vault. That's when I decided to release those, but I had to know if people would want them because I implemented way too many things from other psas I couldn't just release without permission. And I forgot who made them firstly, so I had no choice but to redo the final smash on a original file, what would take me a lot of time. Since very few people (REALLY few) talked about it, I decided to start doing psas as well, even more because I found very few psas that were worth using. And here I am now.  Kirby Dance
    Assuming that the next smash bros will ever be hacked like this one, we still would need an emulator to make the tests. I'm not a fan of resetting the console for every test. That will make it break a lot sooner, probably. If that happens, I can think about it.
    Sorry, the posted ended up too long. lol

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #97 on: March 17, 2014, 08:52:57 PM »

so
    will we see cinematic final smashes as well?

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #98 on: March 17, 2014, 10:08:10 PM »

I don't think so. That would make other players "blind" while the camera focus on the final smash. I don't like the time manipulation idea because it doesn't work with your allies and still, it gives the opponents time to think what to do.

JarodLH
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #99 on: March 17, 2014, 11:06:48 PM »

I don't think so. That would make other players "blind" while the camera focus on the final smash. I don't like the time manipulation idea because it doesn't work with your allies and still, it gives the opponents time to think what to do.

I'm going to just quote this smaller thing you said for a response. XD Well, I hope my questions are not annoying or nothing, it's just cool to talk to someone that makes these awesome hacks and what not, and it's cool that you are nice about it and don't just go, "I'm busy. So wait for the release to have your answers given" So thanks. It sucks nowadays because out of me and my friends at school, I'm the only one that gives a crap about Brawl anymore. XD So if it's all right with you, I might lurk around here some more for a while. :p

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #100 on: March 18, 2014, 03:48:27 AM »

Of course. That's not what I meant. Bowser is fine, but I mean specifically gray fox is a problem because that psa is not mine, so I need permission to re-upload the psa with those changes. Either that or, indeed, teach people how to port it. And even worse, that's an outdated version of gray fox. Those are the times I wish brawlbox could export and replace subactions.

Eternal Yoshi is a nice guy just pm him and i bet he will say okay.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #101 on: March 18, 2014, 02:49:16 PM »

I'm going to just quote this smaller thing you said for a response. XD Well, I hope my questions are not annoying or nothing, it's just cool to talk to someone that makes these awesome hacks and what not, and it's cool that you are nice about it and don't just go, "I'm busy. So wait for the release to have your answers given" So thanks. It sucks nowadays because out of me and my friends at school, I'm the only one that gives a crap about Brawl anymore. XD So if it's all right with you, I might lurk around here some more for a while. :p

No problem with that. I think it's good to answer questions because at least I can let people know I'm not dead and still doing something, and I don't really like ignoring others.  Cool By the way, sometimes you can see me online but that doesn't mean I'm around here. I usually forget this page open and goes away.

Eternal Yoshi is a nice guy just pm him and i bet he will say okay.

If you say so, I can try that.  Just not yet.

JarodLH
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #102 on: March 18, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »

No problem with that. I think it's good to answer questions because at least I can let people know I'm not dead and still doing something, and I don't really like ignoring others.  Cool By the way, sometimes you can see me online but that doesn't mean I'm around here. I usually forget this page open and goes away.

[/quote/]

I don't notice really if you are here. I just look at the thread here and there while browsing other things. Is it difficult to animate for PSA's? I think if I could I'd at the very least check it out, but I doubt I'd be great. Lol. Also, I hear balancing is the hardest part. Is it true?

Post Merge: March 18, 2014, 03:58:19 PM
    Crap, I quoted myself too by accident. XD
    « Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:58:19 PM by JarodLH » Logged

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #103 on: March 18, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »

If you want to animate them to make they as good as brawl original characters, then yes, it's hard, though, personally, I don't find it that hard, just requires a lot of patience and a good notion of momentum to predict what probably would happen when a character is doing a certain move.
    Be aware that probably the goat will end up too strong. I lost the feeling of what is a balanced character for brawl after so many changes I made. If that happens, I'll fix it after some review by those who download it.  Kirby Dance

JarodLH
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #104 on: March 19, 2014, 10:50:08 PM »

If you want to animate them to make they as good as brawl original characters, then yes, it's hard, though, personally, I don't find it that hard, just requires a lot of patience and a good notion of momentum to predict what probably would happen when a character is doing a certain move.
    Be aware that probably the goat will end up too strong. I lost the feeling of what is a balanced character for brawl after so many changes I made. If that happens, I'll fix it after some review by those who download it.  Kirby Dance

I'm not worried about him being OP. My brawl is a mix of stuff ranging from Project M movesets to brawl minus to regular character hacks like Sephiroth. Honestly I'd like to see someone compete with Sephiroth who is the strongest character right now for me. Anyways who do you use most in fights? Currently I'm trying to decide between Wolf and Fox. Both are project M.

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 21
    Print
    Jump to: