Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?
Yeah, sure.   - 18 (81.8%)
I would give a try. - 3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting. - 0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected. - 1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21
Author Topic: Mortimer's Thread - Wandering  (Read 142767 times)
Kyouma
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #180 on: January 02, 2015, 11:37:30 AM »

well, I made the baphomet model, I can try to do something creepy like that in the future
    hmm, what if you try to make a PSA for ebola-chan in the future? since that character is bassically an incarnation of a mortal diseaase, thats pretty creepy

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #181 on: January 03, 2015, 10:11:10 AM »

If you want to do creepy models, do it, but don't do it because of me. If the model/character doesn't really get my interest, I won't do it, and I don't want to waste work or cause any disappointments.
    As for ebola-chan, I didn't even know this character existed. But this kind of anime character is just not my style, sorry.
    Besides, I started making this thing already.

Resembled me of baphomet in some points.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #182 on: January 03, 2015, 10:49:07 AM »

it looks like something you would see in silent hill Shocked

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #183 on: January 03, 2015, 11:19:24 PM »

Hey that's the enemy in the resident evil 5 DLC. I uses an anchor as a weapon and is really creepy, but that a good thing.

Can't wait to see what you do with it.
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 11:20:55 PM by Calypso » Logged

Chimæra
    Mega Kitten

That doesn't sound good.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #184 on: January 04, 2015, 02:48:45 AM »

He's going to make it fire laser beams and has all fire gfx. Wait, that was brawl hacking back in 2010. Oh well. It's probably going to be something atypical as usual. Good.

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #185 on: January 04, 2015, 09:36:47 AM »

it looks like something you would see in silent hill Shocked

I agree. Though, like Calypso said, it's from resident evil 5, it really looks like a silent hill monster rather than a zombie. It's the reason of why I picked it, as one of the closest things to a demon being the game can offer.

Hey that's the enemy in the resident evil 5 DLC. I uses an anchor as a weapon and is really creepy, but that a good thing.

Can't wait to see what you do with it.

I barely started working on it. Took me a whole afternoon just to make the model stop crashing the game. And I kept the anchor there, but I won't let it always visible because it's too big and gets annoying in game.

He's going to make it fire laser beams and has all fire gfx. Wait, that was brawl hacking back in 2010. Oh well. It's probably going to be something atypical as usual. Good.

Cool You scared me when I read the first sentence.

Chimæra
    Mega Kitten

That doesn't sound good.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #186 on: January 04, 2015, 11:58:04 AM »

What plans do you have for a demonic moveset? Is there gonna be more random summoning and stuff? Why do you choose demonic style?

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #187 on: January 04, 2015, 01:15:46 PM »

I don't have the moveset fully planned yet. I just did the waits and the normal attacks animations so far. It's not shown on the screenshot because I disabled them, but there are two chains comming off that tumor on his back I'll surely use for something.

This model is bigger (in file size I mean) than baphomet. I doubt I'll have space to do something like summoning. Maybe 1 model, if it's small, but still, summoning wouldn't look as good as it did for baphomet, so I don't know. I'll try looking for something like that. Resident evil has several parasitic cases, wouldn't be that bad either.

I've chosen this now because of the several ideas I've lost while doing baphomet, thanks to dedede not reading its own final smash file. I had to place everything on the pac file instead, what boosted nicely the file size. I didn't want all of baphomet's alternate attacks to be entirely based on summoning (bazooka staff thing being the exception), but I just didn't have space to do anything else. Good thing I could add particle effects, at least.
    That said, I won't base this monster 100% on what it does in game.  It doesn't do much besides swinging an anchor, anyway. Like gamidame said, it really resembles a silent hill demon, so I'll make something tending that way.

Chimæra
    Mega Kitten

That doesn't sound good.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #188 on: January 04, 2015, 04:59:29 PM »

I meant why is your aim to make demonic movesets lol. Shame that Baphomet's final smash had to be in the pac. What would you have done if you had that extra space?

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #189 on: January 06, 2015, 12:28:13 PM »

It's not my aim to make demonic movesets exclusively. I just do what I want, usually. Since I wanted to do a few more things conerning demons, I picked this thing. If I find another interesting character that happens to be a demon or a monster, I'll do it again.

For Baphomet, I would have added some more decent graphics for his final smash. That spark when he is not visible sucks, I admit that. Not to mention that seriously screwed my alternate final smash ideas.
    I also wanted to add Pyramid Head's helmet to him and make some more alternate moves with the sword. It was the reason why I added the sword he uses on the dowb-B. At that time, I didn't know how few space I had to work with.
    Another move I cancelled was some kind of dash where he would run to the enemies and hit them with his head, like a real goat do. And some kind of fly attacks, more or less like Ridley does.
    Had to also cancel some attacks where I intended to make different skulls/heads appeared on the top of his staff, causing different types of damage and changing the moves.

It's not that I'll do all those things on this creature because it may not be fitting, but I want to use those base ideas somehow.
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:30:31 PM by Mortimer » Logged

TheDarkKnight
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #190 on: January 14, 2015, 08:01:04 PM »

When are u going to release K. Troopa

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #191 on: January 28, 2015, 03:29:31 PM »

WHy am I not following this? *follow*

You Never Know!

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #192 on: January 31, 2015, 09:15:33 AM »

You didn't know my thread existed? You're not looking enough at me.
    I've been away for a month because I had no news. And recently I dropped coffee in my computer's memory boards and couldn't turn it on. Taking the chance, I'll release the psa. The tests are the only thing that are holding me for now. And the third winning animation. I totally forgot about that.
    For those who voted the first two options, thanks. Hopefully, I'll release it without any bugs. Had no game crashes so far.
    For the person who voted the third option, I said here that anyone could suggest me anything to be done. If the psa doesn't match your expectances, it's partially your fault too. Not being rude, just realistic.

I don't know when I'll release it. Won't give dates because I missed nicely when I did that with dry bones.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #193 on: February 22, 2015, 12:18:37 PM »

Just to avoid letting my thread dead for too long.

I finished animating all attacks, with the FS the only thing left. Once I code those things, I'll post the screenshots and more gifs.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #194 on: February 22, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »

mustache physics?

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21
    Print
    Jump to: