Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Seeking Stage Artist(s) for Smash inspired Indie title  (Read 9115 times)
JV5Chris
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 26, 2013, 10:51:39 PM »

Hi everyone!  For those that do not know me yet, I'm Chris, 3D Artist at JV5Games.  We are a small indie outfit working on Smash inspired fighter Air Dash Online.  From the beginning we set out to make a game with the full input and involvement of the Smash community.  Naturally,  I wanted to come here to KC-MM first to see if any fellow talented smashers are interest in joining the team.

What I'm looking for is a partner in crime to work on stages as I build more characters and handle the technical art.  Here is an example of one of our stage concepts:

Working with us, you'll have the opportunity to take your stage art to the next level.  Our custom lighting/shader tech built for Unity3D is a large step above Brawl's engine.  At our disposal we have:

• Normal maps
  • Proper Shadows
  • Advanced shaders supporting physically based specular and surface properties
  • Dynamic lighting with some real color depth to the ambient contribution. (no more bland solid color)

I'll be helping to guide you through the steps required to take full advantage of these graphical enhancements, many of which I personally developed.  Also, I was a character artist on titles such as Dance Central 3 and Defiance, so I have some general game art knowledge and best practices to share.

So what I need to see from you is a solid portfolio demonstrating your modeling and texturing abilities (very important to have both).  I use Maya and Photoshop, but I'm not particular about what software you use.

The following skills are not essential, but are additional things I value:

• Sculpting with Zbrush or Mudbox
  • normal/AO map creation with xNormal
  • Experience with rendering engines like Mental Ray and knowledge of their materials
  • Familiarity with Unity3d and/or other game engines
  • FX work
  • Any sort of scripting experience

Most of all I'm hoping to find someone passionate about Smash and 3D art looking for their next big challenge.  If interested please apply at apps@jv5games.com.  Make sure to send a link to your work.  We are selective (have to be), but do hope to hear from you.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:04:17 AM by JV5Chris » Logged

Chaos_Knight
Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 11:04:11 PM »

So that's the name of the game? I haven't heard anything about since it was posted on Siliconera long ago. I'm interested in this game now (though I have no skill of anything) that I seen some nice screenshots. o.o

Also, I think it would be better if you posted here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=35.0
    if you're requesting stages.

Oh and pretty cool and beautiful stage concepts. It would be cool to see mods of them for Brawl, but that's your decision on that.
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:59:37 PM by Chaos_Knight » Logged

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 11:44:01 PM »

Wow I wish I had the skill-set you were looking for. That looks super hype.

JV5Chris
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 12:46:20 AM »

So that's the name of the game? I haven't heard anything about since it was posted on Siliconera long ago.

From time to time we get coverage like from Siliconera, but typically it's a brief introduction to the game.  We have been actively in development though and even brought an early playable build with us to EVO.  Also, myself and one of the animators do semi-regular developer streams that typically get announced on our Facebook page.

Also, I think it would be better if you posted here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=35.0

I was debating where this thread should go.  Since this is really not a Brawl stage mod request, I wanted to avoid that potential confusion.  That was my reasoning at least for starting the thread in the more general stage forum.  Whatever the mods here decide though is fine with me.

Well it is the skill we are in need of most right now.  Doesn't hurt to send us an email though, never know what we'll be looking for next.  

Thank you for the compliment! It means so much to all of us when people show interest in the game.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 09:45:33 AM »

Man. I'm totally in this section too. I work with characters, and even then I've never been formally trained. Your skills eclipse mine, lol. Though, I suppose if you need an animator....

Though, I'm already helping with enough games as is, haha. This is looking very interesting though, so I'll definitely keep tabs on this! It's funny how much of the Smash community is already involved in the project itself.

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 10:09:05 AM »

I came across this.

Air Dash Online - New Updates and Effects Demonstration

Looks pretty cool.

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 11:21:03 AM »

Looks really nice! Unfortunately, HD stuff like that is way out of my league right now. (Not to mention my lack of spare time.) Still, I wish you luck in your search!

Click for my stuff:

ForOhFor Error
    Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 10:21:09 AM »

It may be difficult for you to find someone that will fit the job.

I'm not sure how familiar with the brawl modding scene you are, but most stage makers here import stages from other games, or otherwise recreate them. Very few of them make their stage models from scratch in a modeling program.

Good luck though, all the same. I'm sure many of us (Including myself) will follow the game's development.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Rayved
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 10:28:34 PM »

I'm the man you need! I sent you an email already.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 11:05:03 PM »

[censored]. You worked on a Dance Central game? Not bad.

Also, your stage concept looks a lot like this stage Tongue

: SW-2632-7270-6724

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 02:30:01 AM »

i'd like to sign up for this... but i got no skill on how to model stuff.. only rigging and animating single binded objects..

as for coding, and shader info.. i have no knowledge on any of that, but i would like to learn shader stuff, so that i can somehow make some other shader data's ripped from other systems work on the wii (if possible)

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Rayved
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 07:40:25 AM »

Did you find somebody?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: