What happens if a virus enters your SD card and you put it in your Wii?

Started by HaloFanODST, September 01, 2013, 02:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I just want to know.
Will it affect my files? Or my Wii?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

I highly doubt that the virus will corrupt your Wii. If the virus corrupts your files, I think the Wii simply won't be able to read the files.

I can't answer your question about the virus affecting your files because there are different viruses that do different things.


Quote from: LeftyGreenMario on September 01, 2013, 02:57:09 AM
I highly doubt that the virus will corrupt your Wii. If the virus corrupts your files, I think the Wii simply won't be able to read the files.

I can't answer your question about the virus affecting your files because there are different viruses that do different things.

Well, the virus makes an autorun.inf appear on my SD card.
My antivirus deletes it, but it eventually reappears like 2 or 3 seconds later.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

The autorun.inf messes with the automatic window that pops up when you put your SD card in the computer. I don't think it will mess up with your Wii.

I've found this link and this link to get rid of your autorun.inf virus.

I'm not a virus expert, unfortunately, but again, I don't see how the virus can affect the Wii.


Computer viruses, just like real viruses, are very specific of what targets they will choose. If you download a virus and put it in your SD card, it is highly unlikely that it will do any serious harm on your Wii

Just like how downloading a Windows virus while running a Mac won't do harm, same with the virus and the Wii unless the virus is programmed for the Wii as well.