Modifying Olimar's lights/Ice Climber order for cBliss character slots?

Started by nerdbot, September 03, 2013, 08:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

In my tinkering with cBliss I've discovered that certain characters have little costume-dependent differences that don't seem to be affected by anything in the individual pcs/pac files for each costume. The two I've noticed are, any Olimar skins in slots 07-09 don't have the lightbulb particle effect (though oddly 06 does) and which of the two Ice Climbers leads.

I'm curious about how I can change these things. I have an orange/blue Ice Climbers skin from Melee in a cBliss slot, and though it's a small thing I'd like to have Nana be the lead character for that. Likewise, the cBliss alts I have for Olimar look weird with just the antenna and no lightbulb. What can I do to tinker around with those, what file do I have to dig through?

Assuming Nana and Popo have the same amount of bones (which I'm pretty sure they do) you could probably just swap the models. The voices will still be the same though, but RSBE might work with cBliss so you could just switch the soundbanks or something if you really wanted a clean swap.

I've considered doing that, and if nothing else works I will, but if there's a "right" way to do it and get them to swap properly, I'd rather just do that. I imagine there has to be some file in the game that dictates which climber leads for which palette, and that with enough tinkering I could adjust it to accommodate for the expanded character slots. I just don't know where to start.