Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I need basic help, but urjently!!  (Read 2300 times)
$moG
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 14, 2010, 01:31:39 AM »

Ok. I'm new to brawl hacks. I just got and SD card loader today, and i've got soo many problems.
I have a very limited understanding of this but all i wanna know is how to apply texture hacks.
I've downloaded a few textures, named them properly and put them in their respective folders. The only thing i'm sorta confused is the rosalina folder named 'peach' which i just left inside the 'peach' folder.

But other than that, i installed the homebrew channel and i have gecko 19.
I run a PAL copy of brawl and i need the PAL code to apply textures. I'm asking, what do i do with the code? Do i download a program? I got code master and i put the PAL code numbers in ms notepad and saved it as a txt file, but when i open it with code master nothing happens.

I downloaded a gct file for the PAL version of brawl, but all it di was apply the unrestricted camera. That got me thinking "do texture hacks even work for the PAL version?!".

I know these are basic problems, but i need help Sad

libertyernie
Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:36:10 AM »

I use the code manager from here:
    http://wiird.l0nk.org/dl/codemgr1.2.zip

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

IM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR PRESENT IS!!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »

to apply textures u have to put the file u downloaded in folders that are inside eachother they go like this
    privet/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/(Download here) then you have to rename if that file (only if it hasnt been already) to Examples: FitMarth00, FitLucario02, FitSamus03 The 2 numbers after the fit(char.name) means which costume ur replacing If u set it to FitMarth00. that file will go over his normal costume if u name it FitMarth01 it goes over his first costume (its not in order when u are cycling through costumes in the game) if u press y or x once, that dosnt mean its his 01 costume. anyways.  so like i said just make the folders inside eachother like i explained earlier. And you need a code which that guy before me has posted for you. You have to have this code or the textures wont work at all. What you do with the code is you have to apply it to code manager then upload it to ur sd card.  Ur probably thinking how do i use code manager? well I suggest looking up that on youtube cuz I cant explain all aspects of code manager on here. so hope that helped any

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

$moG
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »

ok. i think i missed something. I only need one code, correct? And that code is in this thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=5.0
    (if i'm not mistaken).
    So what i did was copy the code (with the little text above it) and saved it in notepad as a TXT file. The problem originally was that Codemanager didn't detect it. So i deleted all the text above the code. Still same problem. Then i just deleted all the text after the semi-colon, then it worked. I ticked the box, converted and saved as a GCT file (or whaterver format it was).
    I put it in the 'codes' folder at the root of the SD card and for some strange reason, when i loaded brawl through gecko 19, it didn't detect any codes.
    I'll try again, but there's only one more thing tugging at me. I downloaded the rosalina pack, and kept everything in the folder named peach that it came with. Do i just leave this folder inside the 'fighters/peach' folder (so a fighters/peach/peach folder)?

I'll update as i go along. And i just want to say, though it's my first time, it's pretty awesome going through this hacking experience Cheesy

[edit] ok. for SOME reason, in code manager, the file replacement code isn't detected. There's boxes to tick for all the other codes, but not one listed for the file replacement code. And when i convert whatevever i have there, gecko STILL doesn't detect any SD codes. RAGE!
    « Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:22:47 AM by $moG » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: